Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WTF is going on in this country !!!!

WTF is going on in this country !!!!

Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:41 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF is going on in this country !!!!

Originally Posted by Vegemite
"With low crime, little threat from instability or terrorism and a highly developed transport and communications infrastructure, Canada and Australia are home to the most liveable destinations in the world. Four of the ten most liveable cities surveyed by the Economist Intelligence Unit are in Australia.

While liveability considers factors of recreational and cultural activity, the "big city buzz" can hamper the scores of some cities, although not to the extent that a city will present significant challenges. Global centres such as New York, Tokyo, London, Hong Kong and Paris may find themselves let down precisely because of their size and attractiveness. Traffic congestion and higher crime rates associated with large urban centres have, to some extent, offset the obvious cultural gains of living in such locations."

See the WORLDS MOST LIVEABLE CITIES thread for 2007. Where is London on the list? Hm, Hm?

Ok, the debate is officially over. We rest our case.
says who?

http://www.immigrationpaths.com/about-sydney.html

Sydney also suffers from some of the disadvantages of large cities such as traffic jams and frustrations with public transport. It is probably the worst of Australia's cities to get around.

In quality of life studies, Australia's large cities rate very favourably compared with cities elsewhere. As you might expect, Sydney rates very well too but its overall score is lower than it might be because crime rates are similar to London's and New York's. Fortunately, not all areas in Sydney have high crime and there are plenty of areas with low crime rates.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elfman
So can we expect you to instruct them where they can find better and more accurate sources of data than the UN, the OECD, and the CIA?
Yes, see The Economist's report 2007 : The World's Most Liveable Cities for more information
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:42 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Your personal experience does count for something surely?
yes, to a small extent, but it will never give you the full story
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:43 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MICKY DANDAN
how was it painfull, the iron lady was the best pm we ever had, better than the jelly fish know as tony blair
I refer the honourable gentleman to my first post in this thread.

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley

Exactly! If it wasn't for 11 years of her policies perpetuating the myth that is no such thing as society, we wouldn't have this Chav culture.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:43 am
A lion in your lap

Yes, see The Economist's report 2007 : The World's Most Liveable Cities for more information
So why is a magazine better than the aforementioned globally significant organisations?
Because it complies with your preconceived notions?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:48 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
She retired in '92, how can it be 11 years?
Matt, she retired as an MP in 1992. I refer to the years she was "in power". The years that she was Prime Minster - 1979 to 1990.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:50 am
Banned

MICKY DANDAN will become famous soon enough

man , your maths suck,
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elfman
says who?

http://www.immigrationpaths.com/about-sydney.html

Sydney also suffers from some of the disadvantages of large cities such as traffic jams and frustrations with public transport. It is probably the worst of Australia's cities to get around.

In quality of life studies, Australia's large cities rate very favourably compared with cities elsewhere. As you might expect, Sydney rates very well too but its overall score is lower than it might be because crime rates are similar to London's and New York's. Fortunately, not all areas in Sydney have high crime and there are plenty of areas with low crime rates.
Not according to The Economist, who takes into consideration crime rates as part of their overall judgement. You've taken that information from an immigration website, and it doesn't state its source.
Actually that same website that you're quoting from has contradicted itself, as it also cites:

"Australia is often described as "the lucky country". When you look more closely, the reasons for this description become clear.

In quality of life surveys, Australian cities such as Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney are consistently ranked in the world's top ten best cities.

In 2005, Melbourne was rated as the best city in the world to live in by The Economist Intelligence Unit, with other Australian cities only slightly behind".

So I don't get it, it's either one or the other.

I was on another immigration website yesterday which claimed Australia "has an emerging identity" also. Geez, I think we have our own identity by now?

Sydney suffers from things like traffic jams and public transport frustrations eh? Well, who would have guessed that?

Just graciously admit defeat will ya?

Last edited by Vegemite; Aug 24th 2007 at 4:58 am.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:56 am
Banned

who are you looking at, thats a bit chav?
glass house, stones, mm me thinks

Last edited by MICKY DANDAN; Aug 24th 2007 at 5:00 am.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:02 am
F*** it!

man , your maths suck,

She was Prime Minister between 4th May 1979 to 28th November 1990. That's about 11 and a half years. What part of that is difficult to understand for you?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:04 am
F*** it!

who are you looking at, thats a bit chav?
glass house, stones, mm me thinks

Never trust a man who says, "me thinks"
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:07 am
Banned

She was Prime Minister between 4th May 1979 to 28th November 1990. That's about 11 and a half years. What part of that is difficult to understand for you?
you are way to anal , maybe you should kick back a little, relax a little bit maybe get some sex, i dunno just chill.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:11 am
F*** it!

you are way to anal , maybe you should kick back a little, relax a little bit maybe get some sex, i dunno just chill.
I can't help it if I know what I'm talking about
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Geez...quit while you're behind. That's lame.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:16 am
Banned

I can't help it if I know what I'm talking about
i know , but you mum still loves you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.