Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WTF is going on in this country !!!!

WTF is going on in this country !!!!

Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:00 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF is going on in this country !!!!

Originally Posted by sammyg
I asked the question!!!

and it seems your facts are wrong!
...but Australian parents are keen to buy them for their kids.

The UK is not selling them which is what you implied......a british company is selling them both in the UK and Australia.

G

Last edited by Grayling; Aug 24th 2007 at 12:03 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:16 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
You can't judge stuff like crime rates/personal safety purely on anecdotal evidence and personal experience.
No, but saying that you can't get a feel for a place before you've been there. I've 'felt' safer in Melbourne than any major European city that I lived in, or visited.

Is this wooly and irrational? Probably yes, because the crime stats show that I'm wrong, but I can't help having that feeling, can I?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:18 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

says who?
Why don't you add some insightful comments prefaced with "When I was in Australia...."
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:20 pm
Take it easy

yes, to a small extent, but it will never give you the full story

You can learn the world from a book
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:28 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

So can we expect you to instruct them where they can find better and more accurate sources of data than the UN, the OECD, and the CIA?
Last time I checked, information on crime was collated by my local authority - not Kofi Annan or an American national security agency.

Last edited by Hutch; Aug 24th 2007 at 2:46 pm. Reason: Okey cokey spelling ...
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:30 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
bragging about
Interesting choice of words. Why would reporting on sporting events in Australian national newspapers written for and bought by Australians, be 'bragging'.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:31 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Last time I checked, information on crime was collated by my local authority - not Koki Annan or an American national security agency.
why does everything result in a UK Vs OZ war on these forums?

Not moaning, just curious.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:36 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
why does everything result in a UK Vs OZ war on these forums?

Not moaning, just curious.
Generally speaking it's because posts like those made by the OP always do. Some people feel deeply insulted that other people (such the OP) are very unhappy with the state of the UK and immediately launch into a predictable 'Australia sucks too' response. I quite like getting stuck into these threads - beats the 'Can I bring an iceberg lettuce into Oz' stuff.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:38 pm

Generally speaking it's because posts like those made by the OP always do. Some people feel deeply insulted that other people (such the OP) are very unhappy with the state of the UK and immediately launch into a predictable 'Australia sucks too' response. I quite like getting stuck into these threads - beats the 'Can I bring an iceberg lettuce into Oz' stuff.
i have noticed you like a good barney. nothing wrong with it, till people take to heart.twits.
speaking of barneys, i havent seen 1944 for a bit.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:42 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Last time I checked, information on crime was collated by my local authority - not Koki Annan or an American national security agency.
Is he related to Okey Cokey Annan?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
YOU PUT YOUR LEFT FOOT IN,
your left foot out,
in ou tin out you shake it all about.

sorry.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:46 pm
Australia's Doorman

lol!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:48 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
YOU PUT YOUR LEFT FOOT IN,
your left foot out,
in ou tin out you shake it all about.

sorry.
It's about as intelligent as anything I have to say today ... may I suggest a crap alternative:

You put your sanctions in,
You take your WMDs out,
In, Out, In, Out,
International law they flout,
The yanks do the Shock and Awe,
And then they turn about,
That's what war's all about.

Ohhhhhhhh .... <OK, I'll stop now ...>
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:53 pm

It's about as intelligent as anything I have to say today ... may I suggest a crap alternative:

You put your sanctions in,
You take your WMDs out,
In, Out, In, Out,
International law they flout,
The yanks do the Shock and Awe,
And then they turn about,
That's what war's all about.

Ohhhhhhhh .... <OK, I'll stop now ...>

i have an excuse for crap things tonight. it's now 3:50 and can't sleep cause i caught two gits trying to break into OH car half hour ago.

what's your excuse. You are usually better than this.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:55 pm

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vegemite
Yep, fer sure!

Estherg is right, it's nothing like London.
When I lived in London I was repeatedly approached for buying drugs, the bus I got on my way back to my flat was held up at gun point, the driver slammed the door and sat there shaking, with the alarm going off. That was just in one day.
Theres a new murder every night on the news. Hey, I wish it wasn't like that but its true. I just can't imagine that happening back in north Queensland somehow, let alone throughout most of Q, etc.
All in one day? wow how unlucky are you?,

Ok iv'e just read this whole thread,and first let me tell you that no-one is more disillusioned with life in England than me,but it seems to me that people posting here are talking bollox.Defending this,attacking that,quoting this,links to that,we all know how life in England is now,it's hard work paying your taxes/contributions and the youth in some areas are out of control.

But you are all getting each other at it,like minded people like to stick to-gether!,on the mbtuk forum people returning back to the UK won't hear a bad word said about the UK ,thats ok.

But don't drive yourself mad looking for excuses or trying to justify your move,so you are leaving the UK for a better life for you and your kid's,that's great and i sincerely hope it works out for you.But it's not all negative here because of the odd experience you might have,it's not all positive i must agree but just do your home work research every thing,and look on the returning home forum to see why people are coming back.

In every paper now is the story of the 11 year old gunned down,absolutely tragic(i cried when his parents were talking about his new uniform hanging up) but how often does this happen?.

Iv'e just come home after working nights and iv'e had people throwing cans at my cab because i would't stop for them, i was spat at,and a northern bird was sick down the side of the cab.Tomorrow i might pick up some really nice people and have a laugh with them.

You see what i mean?....i guess what i am trying to say is yeah England can be shit sometimes,but can't anywhere?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.