Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Originally Posted by mers
JUST FANCIED A RANT AND A RAVE
We are just waiting for our visas to turn up done the medicals/ police checks etc and we often wonder why everyone else is departing the U.k
Don't mean to be picky, but have to point out only a small minority of people are leaving the UK. Loads more coming in than leaving so must have some appeal.
There is dog shite in Aus, recall last time in some dirty git letting his dog poo on a street corner for what must have been sometime as there was quite a build up of it, but least the flies were getting round to disposing of it
You have a downer on the UK I hope for your sake that Aus works for you, as you may end up chasing some paradise that does not exist...I think you'll find people will annoy you with their behavior and you'll find governments are poor no matter where you go maybe you need to be more tolerant of others
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Don't mean to be picky, but have to point out only a small minority of people are leaving the UK. Loads more coming in than leaving so must have some appeal.
I think that the reason there are more coming in than leaving is because the ones coming in are freeloaders who understand the value of free housing, free health care, free teeth, free everything else paid for by the hard pressed tax payer.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
I think that the reason there are more coming in than leaving is because the ones coming in are freeloaders who understand the value of free housing, free health care, free teeth, free everything else paid for by the hard pressed tax payer.
Where do you get free teeth from? Must have missed that provision, maybe in 20 years I'll pop back to the UK to get some

Are plenty of bludgers in Aus to go kidding yourself.....

I can honestly say I want to go to Australia for positive reasons not just because I'm trying to escape other peoples actions. If that was my reasoning I'd be very worried But to each their own, if it floats someones boat to say they want to escape UK because other people annoy them then I hope where ever they end up is very secluded
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough

To the people that complain about the uk, id say living in most states in australia that australia is very similar to the uk with simalar problems just lower paid wages and more red tape, and a lot lot more immigrants especially asians and indians, im afraid to say it but the propaganda the agents and tv sell about australia being cheap houses easy money, relaxed lifestyle is not true - aussies work some of the longest hours in western society
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm, I think after reading a number of posts in this thread a lot of people are going to be surprised. Let's get one thing straight, Australia is not nirvana. I think that there are a few of you on here who hate the UK may have a different opinion in the future. Not a rant. Just a fact.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mers
JUST FANCIED A RANT AND A RAVE
We are just waiting for our visas to turn up done the medicals/ police checks etc and we often wonder why everyone else is departing the U.k
our personal reason is I have a full time job, not too badly paid, reasonable mortgage not excessive, wife not in paid work, home looking after the kids( which I know is harder!) not entitled to bugger all even though she's worked full time till having the kids and every month struggling to make ends meet forcing me to work as much as possible
Its not just a money thing I feel the UK is hard work, immigrants come here and get treated better than UK citizens doing our skilled jobs for next to nothing, but its not just that, last week I took my kids to the local park but some dirty ba@@@rd had shei'ite all down the slide..... WHY?
traffic is a nightmare, we get taxed to the hilt, council tax is horrendous, police are being replaced with worthless community support officers,road charging will be here soon, public transport is non existent for most, especially shift workers, beaches are covered in dog shit, paths are covered in dog shit, parks are covered in dog shit.
well if anyone else fancies a rant after a bad day like me please feel free i'm off for a glass of wine

You dont like shite do you.

Dont move here then we have shite loads of it, dirty baby nappy plonked on beach this morning, dog crap all over the dog path at point cartwright despite the counicl providiing crap sacks. Neighbour chucks her dogs crap out into the road, delightful.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I have seen some of the most aggressive anywhere driving in and around Brisbane. It's human nature and you can't escape it.
Dont know if anyone else was on the Nicklin Way, Kawana going northbound, around 9.30 this morning, amulance with flashing lights, sirens, even went through red light, obvious life and death emergency, Dickhead in a white station wagon refused to move out of its way:curse: 3 times the ambo tried to get past it, just plain refused to move. Pig ignorant or what.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:06 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I think the OP needs a little educating about OZ.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

joe38 will become famous soon enoughjoe38 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I think the OP needs a little educating about OZ.
Australia has its good points and bad points,the driving around the gold coast was terrible ,the drivers can be very selfish, the job oppertunies was not good , we came back in june , we wonder if we gave it enough time.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joe38
Australia has its good points and bad points,the driving around the gold coast was terrible ,the drivers can be very selfish, the job oppertunies was not good , we came back in june , we wonder if we gave it enough time.

With you there on gold coast drivers. The worst I have ever come across in oz and overseas.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
You dont like shite do you.

Dont move here then we have shite loads of it, dirty baby nappy plonked on beach this morning, dog crap all over the dog path at point cartwright despite the counicl providiing crap sacks. Neighbour chucks her dogs crap out into the road, delightful.
Do doggy do problems here - but the possums poo & pee on my car almost every night - absolutely no manners
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:41 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Dont know if anyone else was on the Nicklin Way, Kawana going northbound, around 9.30 this morning, amulance with flashing lights, sirens, even went through red light, obvious life and death emergency, Dickhead in a white station wagon refused to move out of its way:curse: 3 times the ambo tried to get past it, just plain refused to move. Pig ignorant or what.
Hope it wasn't deliberate but I wouldn't put it past some people.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:46 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
I find it really strange that people give "too many immigrants" as a reason to leave the UK. What do you think you will be when you arrive here?
The people that migrate permanently to Australia have to jump through many hoops, pay a lot of money and be put under a spotlight to be let in....you have to have something to offer the country or you dont get in. You cannot come here and sponge.
The uk is an open door to all and sundry giving out handouts,houses etc.:curse:
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:55 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NedKelly

Hear here!! Well said...took the words out of my mouth.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:06 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I think it also depends where you come from and where you go to. I know loads of people that say the driving is really bad in SA, but after living in Bradford all my life I can honestly say (and my OH agrees) that driving here is a lot safer.

There's also a lot of different rules here that most people aren't aware of that do make a difference to how you should drive. We may think they are being bad drivers, but if they are following rules we don't know about then they aren't bad drivers - we are.
Have to disagree with you on this one, unless the unknown rules you speak of include, not indicating when changing lanes, cutting in front with 1/8 '' to spare, emergency stops at traffic lights, zigzagging thru 3 lines of traffic to gain 1 metre on the car you were originally behind, inability to filter, going the wrong way round a roundabout......!
I drive across Adelaide 2-3 times a day, always at rush hour, spending up to 3 hours behind the wheel, Monday to Friday and I can honestly say in 21 years driving thru the UK and Europe I have never seen driving like it, Dick Dastardly and Mutley and the Wacky Races would be proud.
I even had one guy lean across his passenger seat to flick the finger at me because I dared to slow down on the approach to a red light which delayed him entering a right turn lane by a nanosecond. I just laughed as he was left waiting for the green arrow as I disappeared into the distance.
Even my aussie friends agree that perfectly decent folk turn into rabid hoons, once they're behind the wheel.....stil my children are learning some great hand gestures and 'compliments'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.