Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

who else is waiting to sell there house....

who else is waiting to sell there house....

Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

Originally Posted by gerry
As title guys and girls i am fed up now as we all have our visas and are looking forward to our new lifes in eaton yet we just need to sell our house and yet we are haveing no lick

what makes this worse though is i got made redundant 4 weeks ago and was hopeing house would sell quickly...

that way a nice fresh start and bit of rest before we set off lol!!

anyway who else is in a similar situation....
Sorry guys there are no buyers as they are all going to oz

ps add me to the list.

Going on the market next week, the worst part of it is I will be trying to sell my own house as I am a sales negotiater and I can not blame the ea when it does not sell.

Maybe we should start a thread, houses for sale on the returning to the uk site.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

After having 4 viewings and notes of interest, i had a verbal offer of £8000 under. The price is set at offers over as that how it works here in Scotland. My house has been on the market since last friday. What a cheek that person has. I've decided to wait and see. Bloody EA they told me that at the moment houses here in my town & of my size are goin for 27% over asking price. i would settle for 10% never trust the EA's

annkc
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by annkc
After having 4 viewings and notes of interest, i had a verbal offer of £8000 under. The price is set at offers over as that how it works here in Scotland. My house has been on the market since last friday. What a cheek that person has. I've decided to wait and see. Bloody EA they told me that at the moment houses here in my town & of my size are goin for 27% over asking price. i would settle for 10% never trust the EA's

annkc
£8,000.... i would accept and probably 90% of the other people on here. People on here are knocking up to £50,000 off. imagine you say no, how will you feel if in 6 months time your still waiting.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by isle
£8,000.... i would accept and probably 90% of the other people on here. People on here are knocking up to £50,000 off. imagine you say no, how will you feel if in 6 months time your still waiting.
Good point, but I suppose it depends on any other interest there is in the property.

But we have had no interest in our house (1 viewer in 8 weeks) and we are currently at £25,000 under our original asking price, and £40,000 under next door which is exactly the same, we thought we had priced to sell originally, obviously not
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Good point, but I suppose it depends on any other interest there is in the property.

But we have had no interest in our house (1 viewer in 8 weeks) and we are currently at £25,000 under our original asking price, and £40,000 under next door which is exactly the same, we thought we had priced to sell originally, obviously not
have your next door neighbours sold
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by isle
have your next door neighbours sold
No and they must have little dolls of us that they are sticking pins in, if we can't sell at our price, they have no chance

Do you have any other interest ? Or can you stall the current offer to see if something better comes along??

Last edited by Jasonmb; Mar 4th 2008 at 10:45 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by annkc

annkc
Jeez Id take it. Before xmas we had an offer of 100keuros under the asking price. Nearly shot the EA when he told me....:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mairead
Jeez Id take it. Before xmas we had an offer of 100keuros under the asking price. Nearly shot the EA when he told me....:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Ouch, thats a lot Can imagine your emotions on this one
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

We sold our house last year pretty quickly. It was an identical house to next door (which was sitting unsold for a year) and we sold for EUR 100k less than that house.

Why do people refer to low offers as being "cheeky" - what would you do if the boot was on the other foot? If you know someone is desperate to sell would you not make a low offer?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

i too would like to join this thread

our house has been on the market since sep 07 at the beginning loads of people interested however ea told us since none had sold their homes then none were willing to put in offer on ours house on the market for £240

november we left for au we are on a 457 so we had to leave then

jan no body has been through the door since we left in november we have droped the price to £225

feb change ea price down to £210 no interest still

have looked in to buy for cash deals they will only give us £170

so we now wait to see if any happy little house buyers come out to play and want a house to make their own
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MartinH
We sold our house last year pretty quickly. It was an identical house to next door (which was sitting unsold for a year) and we sold for EUR 100k less than that house.

Why do people refer to low offers as being "cheeky" - what would you do if the boot was on the other foot? If you know someone is desperate to sell would you not make a low offer?
Dont get me wrong Im the type of person that would go in with a low offer but come on 100k under is ridiculous. They came to few the property 3 times knowing that there was a much higher offer on the property. Time wasters really. The EA did say that he would do them a favour though. He said he wouldn't give his client their name or address as his client would come down and murder them!!!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
The spring is the time houses start to move, so my estate agent brother in law tells me.
let's hope he is right!!!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

I'm joining this thread too Our house has been on the market since August 07 with only 2 viewers (both in the same week in December - I think the EA paid someone to view ) EA phones me every other week asking me to drop the price, I'm not moving until the visa is in our hands.

Lynn xx
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:03 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Finally have a viewing for tomorrow after 11 months on the market
Beth x x
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Finally have a viewing for tomorrow after 11 months on the market
Beth x x
Good luck Beth!!!!

karma sent

Debby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.