Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

who else is waiting to sell there house....

who else is waiting to sell there house....

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of
Default Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

I put my house on the market on Friday passed and have had 4 viewings all of them have put in notes of interest. so we are now waiting to see if there are going to be any offers, here's hoping!!!
goodluck to all of you in the same boat
annkc
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

i seriously hope you get a offer you like annkc good luck
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:00 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave wood
weve had 2 viewings since aug 07.one nice couple offered 1/2 price after we had stayed in all morning and tidied everything away:curse: we have just changed agents and reduced £20 000 but thats as low as we're prepared to go.We are booked to go in june and will be going anyway whether sold or not.
I can sympathize with you all, I know what it was like trying to sell our house in 2005 when there was another slowing in the market.
The situation at the moment I think is worse as the banks have tightened up so much.
It's a Mexican stand off, sellers don't want to drop but buyers, ourselves included, are not prepared to take the risk that prices might drop.

We have just signed for a new 1 year lease on a rental and will wait the market out.
You can take some solace though if you are going to WA, you should benefit from a weakening in the market there and the shoe will be back on the other foot.

Kev
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:12 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hi everyone

its great itsnt it, NOT!!!:curse:
we havent had a sniff for 2 weeks
easter is around the corner, isnt that supposed to be a good time to sell?
I hope so as we have booked the flights for 3 june.
lets keep all our fingers and toes crossed, we all sell in time.
bec
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

lol thats what the ea said to us as well so we knocked 10k off!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:15 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Add us to the list too. not had any interest for a month now. Jut instructed the estate agents to knock another 5k off it. That's it now, any lower and by the time we have paid the estate agent/solicitor, we'll be owing the bank money.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

i didnt realise there was so many people in the same boat

at least we can all feel sorry for each other and hope that we get outta this situation and get on with our new lives.

good luck to anyone who has any viewings in the near future
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:04 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

We are in the same boat totally.
Been on the market since last July.... 1 viewing... they liked the house then they split up!!
Reduced the house by 15 grand in January....still no viewers.
Reduced again a couple of weeks ago this time by a further 20 grand and have had 2 viewers. Both sound promising but have yet to put in any offers.
We have flights booked for 13th May and will be going whether the house is sold or not!
We do have the option to rent if we dont sell but obviously we would prefer to sell and have a clean break but also have the money in the bank!
Its a pain but will be worth it in the end i guess.
Good luck to all in the same boat.
Janice.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gerry
As title guys and girls i am fed up now as we all have our visas and are looking forward to our new lifes in eaton yet we just need to sell our house and yet we are haveing no lick

what makes this worse though is i got made redundant 4 weeks ago and was hopeing house would sell quickly...

that way a nice fresh start and bit of rest before we set off lol!!

anyway who else is in a similar situation....
Yes, we are also in the same boat. Visas granted August 2006, yes I know can you believe it. :curse:
We have had our house on the market since November 2007 and we have had two sales fall through and one other party still interested, but yes you have guessed it, they also have not sold.
We have just changed EA so hoping that this and Easter being around the corner, things will start to pick up.
Good luck to all still playing the waiting game.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Jeez looks like we are all in the same boat. I have actually started going back to mass on Sundays. Please god oh please god let someone buy my house.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lol
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:27 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
Jeez looks like we are all in the same boat. I have actually started going back to mass on Sundays. Please god oh please god let someone buy my house.
Can I come too?
Beth x x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Yep you can me to the list. Although we haven't got our visa yet our house has been up for a year now. We have had a few sale agreed's that fell through and have had to drop the price by a good bit. The property market in Ireland isnt going to well and at this stage I starting to panic
Snap - apart from the bit about Ireland - we're in Wales.

Got a new EA round today in the vague hope it will help.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:40 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

heck , by the time i get out of confession ..mass is over

say one for me this sunday
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

Yeap... you can add us in on the 'Who Wants To Sell Their House To Go To Oz' counter :curse:
Last viewer we had (last week) has just bought the same house as we have on the market (but across the road) and is on for £5k more
By all accounts is more poorly decorated etc...WTF

Two offers that fell through last year (since July) and now this.. C'est la vie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.