Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

City-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really nice
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by sarab40
I wonder if I put a sign up outside my house saying.."Free House, First come First To Have", .........
Expect They would STILL moan about SOMETHING even if I gave the Bloody huse away!!!
Yes I think your'e right, they seem to want something for nothing nowadays. We have put ours up under value and still people take the p*ss by putting in an offer, do they think we're stupid or something?
Caroline x
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:50 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sarab40
I wonder if I put a sign up outside my house saying.."Free House, First come First To Have", .........
Expect They would STILL moan about SOMETHING even if I gave the Bloody huse away!!!
they would moan about having to move all their stuff!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:55 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
they would moan about having to move all their stuff!

Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Well our buyer phoned us yesturday (we are not using an estate agent) to say his survey results are back, and they have valued the house at what we had agreed on, so now we are moving onto the solicitor stage. He doesn't have a chain so hopefully it will go through quick. We are not ready for it to go through quickly, we have to sell everything, but I would rather be on the street with boxes and furnature than risk the house falling through.

We had one sale fall through from the chain collapsing. That was back in December though and they never came back, so I'm not sure if they were being honest.
And then there was the one who pulled out after we told them we wouldn't drop a penny below the stupidly low offer they had made, no matter what time in the process they tried it, because they couldn't afford it. They had made an offer for £2k less and we said no, they offered £2k more, even though they knew they couldn't pay it. Idiots. The worst thing about it was that they came with their family (6 of them) and only told us they were pulling out of the offere by telling us about the other viewings they had lined up!!! I pointed out we had agreed on a sale and one of the Mothers was quite rude to me as we had said we wouldn't drop the price anymore!

What reasons have other peoples sales fallen though?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Daunted how did it go?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:24 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daunted
Oh well here we go again! Got a viewing tomorrow morning. Someone else who wants an investment apparently OR could it just be a ficticious person on the back of me giving agent ear ache yesterday about how i am going to go multi agency and telling him i have contacted a letting agency AND no thank you very much i dont want you to handle the letting cos thats means you have no need to do your best :curse: :curse:
I refuse to get excited - and Im not going mad with house work tonight - its clean and its tidy, they either want it or they dont!!! :curse:

have they been?

well have to say that our viewing went well yesterday, they were here for hour and half love the house, love the area, would love to be in for xmas think i can take that as a positive vibe? said that as soon as they sell theirs they'll be on the phone, they are in the ftb bracket so hopefully they'll find a buyer quickly. asked how long it would take for us to move out....................give us a container and we're outta here.

x
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by want2bthere
have they been?

well have to say that our viewing went well yesterday, they were here for hour and half love the house, love the area, would love to be in for xmas think i can take that as a positive vibe? said that as soon as they sell theirs they'll be on the phone, they are in the ftb bracket so hopefully they'll find a buyer quickly. asked how long it would take for us to move out....................give us a container and we're outta here.

x
That is really encourageing, hope they sell quickly
Old Sep 12th 2007, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Hey T&G, how did it go? I noticed you not posting this morning, chipping the crusty bits off the oven?

My OH asked me (after i had told about your viewing) 2 mins ago and i realised it was 2PM - they will be there!! Hopefully.

Ok, gonna go and try to get a life.

Mat

PS. Our sale delayed more. This time it is because a Solictor on the Island as died and they are all at his/her funeral. Trying not to be nasty and feel some sympathy - its difficult...
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
have they been?

x
Sounds good - lets hope they find a buyer for theirs very quick
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Daunted how did it go?
i dont know The agent showed them round whilst i was at work. Agent will follow up the visit tomorrow apparantly if they dont hear back first.
Gotta do it all again tomorrow - got another viewer at 1.30 Think i upset the Estate Agent the other day as he is now pulling them in OR could they all be friends and family???
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:22 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walkermat
Hey T&G, how did it go? I noticed you not posting this morning, chipping the crusty bits off the oven?

My OH asked me (after i had told about your viewing) 2 mins ago and i realised it was 2PM - they will be there!! Hopefully.

Ok, gonna go and try to get a life.

Mat

PS. Our sale delayed more. This time it is because a Solictor on the Island as died and they are all at his/her funeral. Trying not to be nasty and feel some sympathy - its difficult...
guess what?! they didnt even show!!
cant decide if i am :curse: or

there were so many other things i could have been doing this morning - i just feel sort of gutted now.

havent even spoken to the EA yet - couldnt really face it.
i did phone another of those companies who buy your house tho - they are going to come back to me with an offer. At this point the money doesnt feel like the most important thing to me

it is really daft of me i suppose for some reason i got myself all geared up for this being the one - hadnt with any of the other viewings so no idea why i had with this one ...

going to go and sit in the garden in the sunshine and sulk
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz

there were so many other things i could have been doing this morning - i just feel sort of gutted now.

i did phone another of those companies who buy your house tho - they are going to come back to me with an offer. At this point the money doesnt feel like the most important thing to me

it is really daft of me i suppose for some reason i got myself all geared up for this being the one - hadnt with any of the other viewings so no idea why i had with this one ...

:curse: Oh no!!!!!!!! Im :curse: for you!!!!
I understand what youmean about money not being the most important thing thanks for the PM I forgot i had already got the name off you SEE its official I getting old and forgetful.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

[QUOTE=Tiggs+Graz;5302961]guess what?! they didnt even show!!

:curse:How awful, how rude are these people? Do they think we have nothing better to do than tidy up and wait in for them.
Have sent you some karma, hope your luck improves!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 5:02 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Well our buyer phoned us yesturday (we are not using an estate agent) to say his survey results are back, and they have valued the house at what we had agreed on, so now we are moving onto the solicitor stage. He doesn't have a chain so hopefully it will go through quick. We are not ready for it to go through quickly, we have to sell everything, but I would rather be on the street with boxes and furnature than risk the house falling through.

We had one sale fall through from the chain collapsing. That was back in December though and they never came back, so I'm not sure if they were being honest.
And then there was the one who pulled out after we told them we wouldn't drop a penny below the stupidly low offer they had made, no matter what time in the process they tried it, because they couldn't afford it. They had made an offer for £2k less and we said no, they offered £2k more, even though they knew they couldn't pay it. Idiots. The worst thing about it was that they came with their family (6 of them) and only told us they were pulling out of the offere by telling us about the other viewings they had lined up!!! I pointed out we had agreed on a sale and one of the Mothers was quite rude to me as we had said we wouldn't drop the price anymore!

What reasons have other peoples sales fallen though?

Hi Pumkin Blossom,

We have our house for sale privately too! We are using Houseladder. We had a sale agreed back in June. Took the house off the market. The buyers wanted to let the house back to us for 6 months - ideal as we put the house on the market as soon as we started the application process. Then 3 days after the offer was accepted our next door neighbour put in an application to knock down his house and put up a blblockf flats. I kid you not! After a couple of weeks of trying to knock us down on the price because of the planning application, the buyers pulled out. We put it back on the market but have only had one viewing since. The spectre of the planning application has put everyone off!

We have got a bit of room to move on the price and will reduce it as we take each step on the visa ladder. However, if we don't sell we are going to let it out, wait til the planning application is passed / turned down and try to sell again. If the planning application is passed we may apply to do the same thing and sell the house as a plot. We may have to do all this long distance from Oz which is daunting but we will be on a SIR visa and have to get out there pdq.

After this experience I really feel disinclined to ever buy a house to live in ever again! I am tempted to spread our equity around as deposits on buy to lets and ride the property market!

Good luck with your sale - hope you don't end up on the street with all your worldly goods but needs must. LOL.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 5:03 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz

Just one word..............Ba*T**DS :curse:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.