Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:52 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by LauraC
I've had one come round and upon seeing one of the bedrooms asked if a double bed would fit in it. That would normally be a legitimate question, except the room already has a double bed in it, wardrobe, drawers and plenty of floor space.

I've also had another come round after the viewing told the EA that the garden was too small and she was going to look at newly built houses, I wonder if she knows most of them are so packed in they have even smaller gardens than my house?

I'm beginning to think that most people lack spacial awareness. But if people bothered to read things it would make buying/selling a house much easier for everyone involved.
how true , bloody carpet shufflers
Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

[QUOTE=LauraC;5291862]I've had one come round and upon seeing one of the bedrooms asked if a double bed would fit in it. That would normally be a legitimate question, except the room already has a double bed in it, wardrobe, drawers and plenty of floor space.

I think that beats the guy we had who, whilst stood in the kitchen with the details in his hand, asked us how big the kitchen was??!!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

House selling Karma for all that need it - myself included My 'cash' buyers have disappeared into a black hole never to be heard of again! im even considering selling to one of those agency places if my visa arrives and i still havent sold They have offered me £10k under the asking price which i KNOW is a lot of money to lose but working on the basis of glass half FULL i would still have an awful lot of equity to take with me and get out of limbo land and kids into schools (my daughter is 15 in Jan and I worry about her missing too much!)
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Our gripe is with the solicitors! Go on holiday without telling anyone, dont return calls, are slow.... Poor old estate agent is piggy in the middle.

Ok, my time for bed now!

Mat

(No, im not an agent. of any flavour)
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

City-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really nice

Originally Posted by daunted
House selling Karma for all that need it - myself included My 'cash' buyers have disappeared into a black hole never to be heard of again! im even considering selling to one of those agency places if my visa arrives and i still havent sold They have offered me £10k under the asking price which i KNOW is a lot of money to lose but working on the basis of glass half FULL i would still have an awful lot of equity to take with me and get out of limbo land and kids into schools (my daughter is 15 in Jan and I worry about her missing too much!)
Hi we definately need karma. Had our visa's granted 9th Aug sold house 11th Aug great we thought as we have to have our visa's validated by 12th Dec 07. Yesterday OH had 2 job offers from Oz then phone rang estate agents ,buyer pulled out, phone went again employer wanted to speak to OH says he wants him. Now looking like going to have to find some money to go out on a reccie and get visa's stamped. Why is house selling in the uk so stressfull. We put our property on market under value to sell and people still try it on its a joke, I wish we had loads of money and didn't have to go through all this again potential buyers who have not even got theirs on market, time wasters none of us need this. Anyway enough of my whingeing. Good luck to all of us selling.
Caroline x
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:08 pm
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Originally Posted by City-Babe
Hi we definately need karma. Had our visa's granted 9th Aug sold house 11th Aug great we thought as we have to have our visa's validated by 12th Dec 07. Yesterday OH had 2 job offers from Oz then phone rang estate agents ,buyer pulled out, phone went again employer wanted to speak to OH says he wants him. Now looking like going to have to find some money to go out on a reccie and get visa's stamped. Why is house selling in the uk so stressfull. We put our property on market under value to sell and people still try it on its a joke, I wish we had loads of money and didn't have to go through all this again potential buyers who have not even got theirs on market, time wasters none of us need this. Anyway enough of my whingeing. Good luck to all of us selling.
Caroline x
Sorry to hear your buyer pulled out Caroline, happened to us 2wks ago........really p**sses you off :curse:

Two of my friends have had same experience in past few weeks and estate agent says it is happening far more often than it used to. We just have to ride the storm again. Lesson learnt though, next time we get a "buyer" I refuse to get excited until money is in the bank

Julie
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Can I join the thread. Been on the market since 11th May. Got only our second viewer tonight. There are two other houses the same as ours on the marke and we were the only ones with no chain. One of the others has now dropped the price by £25,000 which we can't compete with. We are already at 10% below agents valuation for a quick sale. market really slow here with a rush of 4 beds coming onto the market before the HIP's came in
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:59 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

oh daunted, those cash buyers are pesky buggers, get our hopes up and then vanish as quick as you can say get ya wallet out what agency are you talking about cause £10k is not bad, i've read lots of stuff on some quoting 50k below asking price
waiting for a couple to come at 12.30, 2nd viewing, think there really interested, have apparently spoke to agent about what price we'll take. hey the sun's just come out

love to send you some karma honey but i've got to spread it about first!!
x
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
oh daunted, those cash buyers are pesky buggers, get our hopes up and then vanish as quick as you can say get ya wallet out what agency are you talking about cause £10k is not bad, i've read lots of stuff on some quoting 50k below asking price
waiting for a couple to come at 12.30, 2nd viewing, think there really interested, have apparently spoke to agent about what price we'll take. hey the sun's just come out

love to send you some karma honey but i've got to spread it about first!!
x

Viewers are pretty scarce down-under too at present............. here's the latest newsletter from those supposedly in the know? Not sure if it's all doom and gloom? Sooner the market picks up the better........... I'm too old to go out and get a proper job

Newsletter September 2007 (applicable to WA)

Welcome to the September 2007 newsletter. Please pass this newsletter onto anyone that you think might be interested.

Is Your Current Mortgage Still Best For You?

Given the recent interest rate rise, now is a good time to see if you current mortgage is still the best one for you. I am offering an obligation free home loan health check. I will compare over 30 lenders and see if your current mortgage situation is still the best deal for you or tailor a package to your needs. Please contact me to make an appointment

House Prices Dip

The median house price dropped during the June quarter. It fell to $446,500 a 3.8% drop on the previous quarter. This drop was affected by the recent interest rate rise, which meant that people are paying more on their existing mortgages and also reduces how much people can borrow. This reduces how much people can pay for houses and hence caused the market to slow down. The First Home Buyers Grant, stamp duty reform and this price drops has caused a 22% increase in first home buyers purchasing property. (Source Reiwa <http://www.reiwa.com> )

Why Make Your Landlord Rich?

Rents rose by over 21% in the current year to June. This has been fueled by the rental vacancy running at 2% and also investors looking to pass on the recent interest rate rise. The recent rate rise has also caused alot of investors to sell or refrain from purchasing more properties which will put more pressure on the rental market. Given the current and potential future state of the market, why rent when you can buy? For a little more then you are paying in rent you could purchase your own house. You might be surprised by how much you can actually borrow. For more information please contact me.

Fixing Your Home Loan

Worried about future interest rate rises? Want to know exactly how much your future interest repayments are? Then why not consider fixing your home loan. Fixing means that you lock in a set interest rate now for a period of 1 to 5 years. Currently fixed interest rates are slightly higher then variable rates, but if another rate rise was to happen then you would be better off. Fixing your home loan is simple and you do not necessarily have to leave your current lender. Ask me how to fix your home loan now.

Home Loan Pitfalls to Avoid - Exit Costs

When you pay off your loan, watch out for the exit costs. The lender may charge you legal and preparation fees to discharge your mortgage and some may even charge a service fee.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:18 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

OK - we have a potential cash buyer due to view our house tomorrow at 2pm!!
We need everyone to cross everything that this is 'the one'

trouble is that i have spent all day today running around after everyone else and i have not done any housework at all
i think it is time to start throwing things into cupboards and only cleaning things that can be seen! I just hope they dont decide to look inside my oven
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Everything crossed for you and vibes being beamed out! Buy buy buy!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:38 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Good luck T&G. Fingers crossed they are "the ones"

Now go and get cleaning!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
OK - we have a potential cash buyer due to view our house tomorrow at 2pm!!
We need everyone to cross everything that this is 'the one'

trouble is that i have spent all day today running around after everyone else and i have not done any housework at all
i think it is time to start throwing things into cupboards and only cleaning things that can be seen! I just hope they dont decide to look inside my oven
Good luck, the last one I had wanted to look inside every cupboard and the OVEN AGHHHH.

Had to drop our price by today by 15k in the hope someone will buy it and we can be out there by Christmas

It is all too stressful!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:50 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walkermat
Everything crossed for you and vibes being beamed out! Buy buy buy!
Originally Posted by itsjulie
Good luck T&G. Fingers crossed they are "the ones"

Now go and get cleaning!
thanks guys
have just spend half an hour flower arranging - asked my eldest if the flowers looked ok and he said 'arnt they the same ones that were there this morning?'
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Daunted I am so sorry, you are doing the right thing selling while waiting for the visa, wish we had. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.