Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:34 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Won't need a 20' container any more..........so should save some money there
Beth x x
all swings & roundabouts .

whatever that means
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Just rung the EA.........their pre-approved mortgage offer is ok and they have worked the figures out and know they can afford to buy my house
The delay is the fact they want to rent their house out.......so the EA's rental dept is going to their house on Tuesday to tell them how much the income will be from renting.
If the figures add up then they will be putting an offer in!!!!!!!
EA said she is 100% certain they want to put an offer in..........they just need to be 100% certain that their finances are in order first, which is in our interest too so we don't get messed around.
So..........a few more days before we get a def decision
Beth x x
Don't think you'll have a problem Beth - renting market is rising at the mo.....

fingers (and everything else) crossed for next week!

Karma sent - although I really don't think your going to need it, they are getting a bloody bargain after all,

take care,

Shelley
Old Mar 8th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Beth x x
Well beth it sounds like you've got one of them buyers that want everything!!!!
Hope they put an offer in for the asking price, especially if they are wanting your stuff as well. You would probley replace some items anyway when you get out there, and as you said it will save you some money on the shipping
I have just phone the EA to get my buyers telephone number as guess what they will not give it to me, but they did say they will give her my number WTF I thought they were working for me, I only wanted to ask if they wanted to keep any of my stuff before I find new a new home for it.
Well good luck everyone and fingers crossed for you all lets hope for some more sales next week.
emma
Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

beth just try and focus on the good point that you prob have a buyer- even if they are the most demanding creatures in the world

Our viewers last week cancelled, no more booked in. Giving it another week then we'll be having *words* with the EA to find out why no bugger even wants to come look.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:35 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

If what my agent say is true there must be buyers out there.

They reckon they sold 10 houses last week I know of one definately because its someone I have met of another forum, but don't know where the others are

feeling pretty down at the mo and now its raining

Kaye
Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:39 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Beth tell em to up their offer by £40k and you will leave them a hot cooked dinner too! LOL!

Fingers crossed for you hun Ems x
Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wardy2

They reckon they sold 10 houses last week I know of one definately because its someone I have met of another forum, but don't know where the others are

feeling pretty down at the mo and now its raining

Kaye
Know wot you mean Kaye we are fed up
spoke to another EA about putting it up with a 3rd Ea but they wanted 1k more than the rest! Would give them it if they could sell in a month they all say they can sell but havent.
Did you say you where now going to perth kaye?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:51 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Know wot you mean Kaye we are fed up
spoke to another EA about putting it up with a 3rd Ea but they wanted 1k more than the rest! Would give them it if they could sell in a month they all say they can sell but havent.
Did you say you where now going to perth kaye?
who's the 3rd you have looked at we are with Rooks and they are being really patient with me so far got them coming round Monday to take extra pics.

Not 100% yet have put resumes out first one to give him a job wins

Hoping Cairns wins me and Beth are going to have curry nights, have my heart set on it but so many more jobs in Perth, its the easy option have made contact with some great people in Perth who have offered to house us in their spare rooms

Kaye
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

Just sent my OH out swimming with the 8 year ld. They were driving me up the wall. My lappy stopped connecting to the internet this morning and OH has been messing with the PCs and the internet connection for 5 hours. Every time I get on line he says he'll have to disconnect again.:curse:

I have now realised how addicted I am to BE as those 5 hours were hell.

Originally Posted by Icarus
yay my ads up
I've seen it - looks great. No idea why it wouldn't sell?? It looks fantastic value for money.

NO.......but great to see one again
Just rang EA to tell them we will leave all the girls bedroom furniture and our lovely dining table and chairs and 3 bar stools in the kitchen.........but that's it now.......no more bartering!!!!! :
Beth x x :
The time to start worrying is when they change their name to yours by deed poll and have plastic surgery.....

Fingers crossed and ks sent for a good offer really soon. xxx

Beth x x
Too true!

Hey Beth, did you read what we said about you and your shaggy rug when we were wondering what was going on???

Originally Posted by suart
Well beth it sounds like you've got one of them buyers that want everything!!!!
Hope they put an offer in for the asking price, especially if they are wanting your stuff as well. You would probley replace some items anyway when you get out there, and as you said it will save you some money on the shipping:
I have just phone the EA to get my buyers telephone number as guess what they will not give it to me, but they did say they will give her my number WTF I thought they were working for me, I only wanted to ask if they wanted to keep any of my stuff before I find new a new home for it.
Well good luck everyone and fingers crossed for you all lets hope for some more sales next week.
emma
Hi Emma - I think you're right, Beth has PIA buyers - Pains in the Arse.

Hope you manage to get hold of your buyers. Silly EAs. I bet they are worried about you cutting them out of the sale.

Originally Posted by wardy2

feeling pretty down at the mo and now its raining :

Kaye
There are buyers out there - they are all PIA though. They know they have control at the moment.

Your house is lovely Kaye - it should sell soon - hopefully your connections will come up trumps. I know how you feel, it's gutting isn't it?

Raining here too.

Originally Posted by smiling4
Beth tell em to up their offer by £40k and you will leave them a hot cooked dinner too!
Fingers crossed for you hun Ems x
PMSL - no, they'd want that for free too - plus a guarantee that it was best filet steak.....

I'm surprised they haven't asked Beth to pay for their removal costs too....
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:16 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Afternoon all,

I've seen it - looks great. No idea why it wouldn't sell?? It looks fantastic value for money.

Hi n , yeah its a fab house in a great position . not to worry , slightly above price of others same "style" , one of 2 more for sale yet they don't have the location ,garden size or massive conservatory, & one only has single garage . want the extras you have to pay extra , simple
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi n , yeah its a fab house in a great position . not to worry , slightly above price of others same "style" , one of 2 more for sale yet they don't have the location ,garden size or massive conservatory, & one only has single garage . want the extras you have to pay extra , simple
The other thing is - you can always bargain down, but you can't bargain UP. (Except in really unusual circumstances.)

We have reduced as much as we can now - unless we want to risk some idiot trying to haggle us down below our minimum. You have that cushion built in too.

Fingers crossed you get some sensible viewers who recognise the value the 'extras' add.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:25 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fly Away
The other thing is - you can always bargain down, but you can't bargain UP. (Except in really unusual circumstances.)

We have reduced as much as we can now - unless we want to risk some idiot trying to haggle us down below our minimum. You have that cushion built in too.

Fingers crossed you get some sensible viewers who recognise the value the 'extras' add.
yeah , i can appreciate ppl want to "knock" a bit off , but if they only wanna spend 230 ,they can buy the crappy one round the corner .

if they WANT it , then they want it .

its finding that person & they are out there
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah , i can appreciate ppl want to "knock" a bit off , but if they only wanna spend 230 ,they can buy the crappy one round the corner .

if they WANT it , then they want it .

its finding that person & they are out there
It makes me feel like dragging people in off the street sometimes - it really is a fantastic time to buy a house - low interest rates, sellers willing to cut prices, bargains to be had.....

You're buyer will turn up - just can't predict when...
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:47 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Afternoon House Selling Friends!
Just had a viewing which seemed to go well but we will have to wait and see! Can't complain about current EA, five viewings in four weeks.
Does feel like the market is picking up. We need to sell the house before August, otherwise will have to put Oz on hold, so starting to feel the pressure!

Glad to hear you viewing went well Beth, hope they make a decent offer. I might get to see you in Cairns at some point this year, still not completly sure about the location but likely to be Cairns.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

A storm is expected tomorrow, so batten down those hatches!

BS
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:31 pm
aka DORIS

I know it seems strange, but has anyone thought about putting their house on Ebay it seems pretty straight forward, like doing a classifieds on here.

Obviously there is no bidding they just contact you.

After I have had a few new pictures done on Monday I am going to try it myself.

May work, who knows I can but try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.