Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Old Jan 17th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Tim Tams and Cherry Ripe
Old Jan 17th 2009, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats the best food product you have found since you have been in Oz?

Originally Posted by krestsaf
DONT EAT CALIMARI IF IT IS SPELT KALIMARI!!

hear it is actually cow intestines cut to immitate rings of calimari.

oooh! really? Interesting! I would prob just order them to see if what they taste like! haha!

Em x
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:54 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

when we were out there the othe year, we loved the smoothie stalls with the fruit on display that you picked and had whizzed into a smoothie.

liked the fresh fish you could get ... looked and smelled much fresher than anything you got in uk (even if it is imported!)

also love cherry ripes

my other half, being the twit he is, kinda likes the mash you get in the gravy in KFC in aus - still moans about it now on the rare ocasion we have a kfc
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

joquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nice

we love honey and soy chips (crisps) yummmmmmmmm
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I love the mash too. Haven't had it in ages

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
my other half, being the twit he is, kinda likes the mash you get in the gravy in KFC in aus - still moans about it now on the rare ocasion we have a kfc
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

joquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nice

Yep we miss the mash too..there is something about the gravy.. Also miss very soft blue cheese (cant remember which one, but will know the packaging when we get home on australia day lol) TEDS (tooheys extra dry) and brown brothers crouchen riesling!!!!!!!! Roll on 26th
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
when we were out there the othe year, we loved the smoothie stalls with the fruit on display that you picked and had whizzed into a smoothie.

liked the fresh fish you could get ... looked and smelled much fresher than anything you got in uk (even if it is imported!)

also love cherry ripes

We had a KFC yonks back (don;t eat it every often) but found our meal came with mash... the rest of my family were eyeing it very suspiciously, but I ate it and was shocked at how bloody delish it tasted... then I bit into the greasy chicken and felt a bit ill! yuk! KFC chicken tastes like crap when you have been having decent chicken for months on end!

(did like the mash n gravy tho! :P )

Em x
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:12 am
ABCDiamond

The lettuce ! You can get some fantastic Lettuce here, and sometimes really cheap

[twt]

Old Jan 19th 2009, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Willin is an unknown quantity at this point

Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee.
Thank God for Australia saying good riddens to Starbucks... urghhh...
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:06 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Willin
They're alive (and well?) in Brisbane....no stores closed down there.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:08 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely legs.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:23 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bcworld
They're alive (and well?) in Brisbane....no stores closed down there.
Starbucks was going to trim down from 85 stores to 13, back in July 2008.

But they currently still show 23 on their website.
10 in New South Wales
8 in Queensland
5 in Victoria

Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Copperpot Warm Dips.. just recently discovered a few weeks back..
esp the mexican bean one.. really divine!!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I will admit the main thing I miss is my Long Blacks (coffee I am talking coffee!!!) and I hate Starbucks (sorry if anyone loves) I have never had a good coffee there (in any country I have been too)

Originally Posted by Willin
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

I miss Boost and Cheap Fresh Sushi Can't wait to get to Oz!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.