Is UK f**ked ?

Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:12 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
How do you have any idea at all of who I am or what my life experience is?
It's the impression you give. You provide scant indication of personal experience. Just judgmental opinion.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
It's the impression you give. You provide scant indication of personal experience. Just judgmental opinion.
Incoming
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:15 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by humpy
The town where I was born and spent 30 years living in (Dewsbury & Batley, they merge into each other) is a mess, I'll go through the reasons why it's such a mess and why I left, I'm not the only one who feels like this,

I don't think anyone would disagree with you when you say that Dewsbury and Batley are awful. I live the other end of the country and I know that. They are infamous and among the worst places you could live in the U.K.
What the reasons are for this, I don't know, as I'm not from there. You say there is a problem with lack of integration and you may be right.
I do know however that there is a huge problem with the white community in that area too. I saw a programme about Sharon Matthews (the woman who faked her daughters kidnap) and it did not paint Dewsbury in a good light.

I guess what I'm saying is ...don't judge the whole of the U.K on Dewsbury please

Last edited by Kapri; Nov 7th 2009 at 1:20 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:21 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Well god forbid that there be any judgmental opinion. I'm quite sure that you would never do such a thing.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:32 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Well god forbid that there be any judgmental opinion. I'm quite sure that you would never do such a thing.
It's fine to have judgemental opinion. But do you have experience enough to make it?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:32 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

It's fine to have judgemental opinion. But do you have experience enough to make it?

Apparently so.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:34 pm
Banned

Apparently so.
Apparently?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:37 pm

Apparently?
Mm.

By your own words, I am apparently more than capable of issuing judgmental opinions.

When did using one's judgement become a bad thing, by the way?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Mm.

By your own words, I am apparently more than capable of issuing judgmental opinions.

When did using one's judgement become a bad thing, by the way?
Keep up mate... you're not posting fast enough. Shouldn't you be telling him he needs to be better educated by now?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Are you talking about living in South Africa?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 8:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Are you talking about living in South Africa?
No, I'm talking about others experience of living in communities which feel they are being / have been pushed out. Okay, where I am we don't see problems like those experienced in Dewsbury with marauding Asian youths. It could be that the Asian community around me is far less Muslim? Or maybe the whites in Dewsbury are more bitter because first of all many lost their livelyhoods under Thatcher and then they were swamped by Pakistanis under Blair/Brown? But I do know of and find it understandable that people whose neighbourhoods have changed beyond recognition would feel concerned. Especially those who have elderly parents who are less able/inclined to move. Simply blaming it on the whites indicates a lack of understanding.

So, what is yours and LIW's experience?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

No, I'm talking about others experience of living in communities which feel they are being / have been pushed out. Okay, where I am we don't see problems like those experienced in Dewsbury with marauding Asian youths. It could be that the Asian community around me is far less Muslim? Or maybe the whites in Dewsbury are more bitter because first of all many lost their livelyhoods under Thatcher and then they were swamped by Pakistanis under Blair/Brown? But I do know of and find it understandable that people whose neighbourhoods have changed beyond recognition would feel concerned. Especially those who have elderly parents who are less able/inclined to move. Simply blaming it on the whites indicates a lack of understanding.

So, what is yours and LIW's experience?
You want my life story? Or just experience of marauding youths?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:19 pm
Banned

Comauver will become famous soon enoughComauver will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Don't you think you views are ironic, given that you are an immigrant?
Nothing ironic at all.

If indigenous UK citizens didn't pack up and move abroad, then net immigration to our shores would be even higher.

As for the piece in the independent saying immigration is overplayed I'd take that with alorry load of salt because although net immigration may have decreased marginally, it's because many EU immigrants have returned home, eg the Poles, who are the least drain on our public sector resources. The Asian and African immigrants continue to arrive in increasing numbers, bearing in mind that the majority aren't students or workers but dependents of family already here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...in-a-year.html
Figures published by the European Commission showed a marked slow down of immigration from Eastern Europe, down from 205,000 incomers to Britain in 2006 to 185,000 in 2007.

At the same time, the numbers of immigrants entering Britain from non-European regions, such as Asia, has risen sharply, almost doubling from 90,000 in 2006 to 176,000 people last year

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...f-economy.html
That would mean that between 2008 and 2013, around 950,000 immigrants will leave Britain.

However, the overall population is still set to grow. The Office for National Statistics current population projections suggest that the population will pass 65 million by 2016 and 70 million by 2028.

Net migration rose by a quarter to 237,000 in 2007, according to the Office for National Statistics.

The IPPR suggested that net immigration will remain relatively high but will fall from that "peak" because of rising levels of departures.

Poles and other eastern European workers are among the most mobile immigrants. Many who come to Britain are young and childless and seek to work for a short period of time before returning home.

As job opportunities have dried up, may eastern workers have left Britain. The recent decline in the value of the pound against the Polish zloty and other eastern currencies, has also persuaded them to leave. It has effectively devalued wages earned in Britain and then sent to family in their home country.

The IPPR study estimates that at least 1.1 eastern Europeans have come to Britain to work since the European Union expanded in 2004.

But as the UK economy slows, the tide is starting to turn and the IPPR calculates that at least 550,000 have already left again.

Sir Andrew Green, chairman of campaign group Migrationwatch UK said: "Re-migration is the least of our problems. The real problem is the absence of any effective limits on immigration, often from countries where wages are a fraction of those in the UK and to which people are unlikely to return."
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

matt2095 is an unknown quantity at this point

And people are giving me shit for being happy with Oz being tighter with their immigration controls! Unbelievable!
Old Nov 8th 2009, 9:41 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by humpy
I've put this on another thread and this one so you can all read it

I've noticed there is a lot of do-gooders on this forum who know everything.. I've held back some of my true feelings but no more, If I get removed for voicing my opinions and concerns then so be it, I have a life outside of this forum, some people obviously dont with the amount of posts they put on...

The town where I was born and spent 30 years living in (Dewsbury & Batley, they merge into each other) is a mess, I'll go through the reasons why it's such a mess and why I left, I'm not the only one who feels like this, I know at least 10 people who live in Australia who have moved out of my area and the main reason they state is because of the Pakistanis who have taken over the area. I have also received PM's from people who agree with what I say but dont want to put there name on the thread for fear of getting abused, I dont care anymore.. For the people who are commenting on what I put, have you ever lived in area which has been taken over and then over run by asian gangs, I dont think you can put a fair comment on if you havn't lived in a town similar to Dewsbury

What I will say now is, my experiences come from driving through the areas on a daily basis, working in there houses and seeing the problems there. I have also worked in heavily populated asian areas of Leeds & Bradford but I'm sure the problems I will talk about are common in Leicester, Burnley, Oldham and many more places throughout the UK

Some areas where they live look run down, they dont spend money on the externals of the property and it looks like a slum, it maybe better than what they were used to in Pakistan but it has lowered the prices down of local housing... My mate back home has tried to sell his house on the outskirts of Saville Town which is one of the heavily populated asian parts of Dewsbury, he can only sell to Asians, white people dont want to live there as it's too close to the Pakistani's, the Pakistanis know this so offer peanuts for the house, In the end my mate has had to accept a lower offer on his house, losing money but what choice did he have.

A lot of the areas have problems with rats, I've had rats and cockraoches run over my arms in cellars of a properties

, and have seen many in the gardens, they throw rubbish in the gardens, pour anything down the drain, Put animal remains in the bins, dont cover them up and rats get in, I've also seen round the back of curry houses and shops...

Most of the Pakistani's dont integrate, they dont want to, they have there own shops, there own butchers, bakers, basically the area is a mini Pakistan, they have no need to leave the area. They are always wanting there own schools, saying that white people dont accept them, absolute b.ollocks, its the other way round. They build extensions on the back of there houses without planning permission, when the council investigate they cry the poor tail saying that they cant afford to move, the council nearly always backs down or they will pull the racism card out.. They always try and do stuff on the cheap, I got asked all the time to do small jobs on the cheap for the,m whilst i worked for british gas. They think they are above the law for a lot of things, The police put a mobile road tax camera up several times a year on the main road thru the area, the locals say it's victimisation but it gets about 100 driver in a week who have no insurance or tax, some have been convicted off running 5 guys off the same licence..

There are always youths on the street corners whatever time of day, most dont work, claim benefits, An english pakistani may marry a girl from Pakistan, bring her over which is fine, she then brings all her family, more dole bludgers,.. none of the pakistani women work, they are baby machines so they can claim benefits, I used to see this and one asian lady admitted to me that this happened, she was westernised and hated that this happened but as she said, what can I do,

The biggest mosque in Europe is there, When the london bombings happened it was rumoured that some of it was planned inside here as one of the London bombers went to this mosque and the other bombers had visited it at some point. The police had to force access to search inside, the elders were very reluctant to let em in, the police had to use force in the end.

The youths drive round in very flash cars and I'm talking Ferraris, Porshes etc.. but dont work, when questioned they say they share it with 10 other guys, one local got done recently for money laundering, he owned a mansion and a few flash cars all from a car wash...

I had a Pakistani apprentice a couple of yrs ago, he told me that Saville Town was the biggest crack den in West Yorkshire, he said that the biggest drug dealers in West Yorkshire were asian and mainly from Dewsbury, they then opened up a company to front it all, usually a bed company.

When the petrol strike was on a few yrs ago, an asian owned petrol station put a sign up which he regretted. It said no white people will be served over the next few days, The national front turned up and wrecked the petrol station and attached shops. They play the racism card a lot, they have double standards, they can get away with being racist but turn it back on them and its wrong..

The area where they live is a no go area for whites, before you do-gooders comment on this, It is true, you've probably never been so cant comment. Put it this way Police patrol in 2's its that bad. 2 people have been attacked in the last week alone, unprovoked attacks, It's similar in the local town, white people get jeered and abused walking round, white girls get touched, there scared to walk around during a saturday shopping day.

We used to have a Woolworths, Marks & Spencers and other big name stores but nobody shops there anymore as it's full of every nationality but english, you name it, it's there, locals dont like it so go elsewhere, the big names have gone and the place is full of phone shops and pound shops. The town has lost its identity and it will only get worse.

Dewsbury used to be a nice place to live but no more, You could ask more than 80% of the white population if they could change one thing, first thing you would say is get rid of the pakistanis, they bring trouble. The place is over run with em now, they are taking over the town, there used to be areas that were all english areas but now Pakistani families are moving in gradually they are the only families on the street, it lowers the price of the houses as i've mentioned before. It gets to a point where white people move out of the area to avoid em, this is true, again I'm not making this up, this is what is happening.

I could go on all day about this subject and I know I'll get lots of abuse from you lot on here but I dont care anymore, I came to Australia to get out of the town, I feel for my family and friends who still live there, some are looking to get out and some already have, It makes my 2 Grandads sick to see what has happend to the market town they have spent 80 years in.

For those who are gonna comment on this, Let me ask you a few questions..

Where are you from ???

Has your town had an influx of immigrants over the past 20 years, we have had asylum seekers from Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Albania, Bosnia, Poland, all dumped on us in past times ???

I think that this happens more common up North than down South as it's cheaper for goverment to house them.

England is on a spiral downwards, its gone past being repaired....

This could be last post on here but who cares................
Not going to try and argue with you as such. I imagine it would be pointless anyway.

All I want to say is the following:

1) Clearly, so much of this is personal, subjective experience. I just got back from the UK, was in Horsham, Guildford, Brighton, London and Leeds. From my own experience of being there last month I do not recognise this version of Britain that you describe. For what it's worth.

2) Have you been to Springvale in Melbourne? It's totally Vietnamese, Chinese - Asian. All the shops, everything. Absolutely. So if we are distressed by these things in the UK, why are we so totally unperturbed by them in Australia?

Anyway, people can see things however they want to. I'm getting past caring now. Just find it weird how often I notice people getting totally upset by something happening in the UK yet when the same happens in Australia no one minds. It happens a fair bit it seems to me.

Last edited by willamos; Nov 8th 2009 at 9:44 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.