Wikiposts

Is UK f**ked ?

Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Originally Posted by willamos
Just find it weird how often I notice people getting totally upset by something happening in the UK yet when the same happens in Australia no one minds. It happens a fair bit it seems to me.
Forget these posters. They just haven't got a clue - they and their politics.
Just focus on being content, and allowing other people to be content.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:14 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Originally Posted by willamos
2) Have you been to Springvale in Melbourne? It's totally Vietnamese, Chinese - Asian. All the shops, everything. Absolutely. So if we are distressed by these things in the UK, why are we so totally unperturbed by them in Australia?
Because in Australia, it works.

Australians welcome foreigners; we're not frightened of losing some nebulous, half-remembered, half-mythical "identity" that only ever existed in 1950s movies and Enid Blyton books.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Australians welcome foreigners; we're not frightened of losing some nebulous, half-remembered, half-mythical "identity" that only ever existed in 1950s movies and Enid Blyton books.
Oi, you knocking Enid Blyton? Nothing wrong with her, my childhood was full of adventures, tracking down smugglers and lashings of ginger beer. She told it how it was, she did.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:23 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Can everyone PLEASE stop typing bloody essays on the thread, we want irrelevant, flippant, throw away remarks and insults aimed at Anus or we want nothing!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Can everyone PLEASE stop typing bloody essays on the thread, we want irrelevant, flippant, throw away remarks and insults aimed at Anus or we want nothing!
1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

4. Trolling on this site is not tolerated. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members. Anyone found making such posts will be removed from the forums.

Which one do you fancy?? Site rule 1 or 4?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

4. Trolling on this site is not tolerated. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members. Anyone found making such posts will be removed from the forums.

Not sure, which one have I actually broken?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:33 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Oi, you knocking Enid Blyton? Nothing wrong with her, my childhood was full of adventures, tracking down smugglers and lashings of ginger beer. She told it how it was, she did.

I confess, I read Blyton as a child and wished I could live in the UK, where the weather seemed to be perpetually perfect, with free ginger beer and all the sticky buns you could eat.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I confess, I read Blyton as a child and wished I could live in the UK, where the weather seemed to be perpetually perfect, with free ginger beer and all the sticky buns you could eat.
I tried to get my eldest to read Enid Blyton. She tried but decided Harry Potter was more realistic Kids? No sense of adventure
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:52 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

Quite possibly, the most ironic post I've ever seen on BE.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:55 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Quite possibly, the most ironic post I've ever seen on BE.
What more ironic than people living in Australia moaning about the immigration problem in Britain?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 11:04 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
What more ironic than people living in Australia moaning about the immigration problem in Britain?
That comes second. Reading some of the posts on here, I'm surprised no one has advocated bringing back the 'White Australia' policy. I can only assume it's because of the 50 word English test.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 11:06 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
That comes second. Reading some of the posts on here, I'm surprised no one has advocated bringing back the 'White Australia' policy. I can only assume it's because of the 50 word English test.
HA!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold

2) Have you been to Springvale in Melbourne? It's totally Vietnamese, Chinese - Asian. All the shops, everything. Absolutely. So if we are distressed by these things in the UK, why are we so totally unperturbed by them in Australia?

the problems in UK are also being played out in melbourne and other australian cities. racial violence and ethinc gangs are on the up there. not so long ago was a piece in the papers about the police patrolling melbourne in 3s as it was getting so dangerous. I read a post recently from someone returning to her home town in New Zealand after living abroad for many years and saying that every second person was asian and she couldnt recognise the town she'd left.

what is happening in the UK is being reflected everywhere. there are somalian gangs in perth causing havoc at the moment - they start a small fire on the door step and when the home owner goes to put it out - they pounce. people in retirement villages especially being targeted. my neighbour is a copper and they had 3 of these last month. but it doesnt get as strongly reported here.

its only more visible in the UK because there are more people so it looks more but going by proportions its probably about the same. australia is in for more racial unrest as its population increases, same as the UK - its a world wide issue because of man's distrust of others who are 'different'
Old Nov 8th 2009, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

But Australians have not always been so accomadating towards those from outside. Some quoates from the recent past include...
Arthur Calwell,M.H.R 1972 said, " No red blooded Australian wants to see a chocolate coloured Australia"
H.B Gullet former chief Government Whip and former Ambassador to Greece..1971 said To open our doors to coloured migration is to destroy everything that we have ever stood for,everything that makes Australia worth living in...
Coloured people are people we cannot all brothers.
Dr John Berry,Canadian Social Psychologist, said in 1969......
Australians are authoritarrian,militarist,anti intellectual and racist.
Barry Humphries said...To be a true Australian you have to dislike everyone from anywhere else.
There are countless other quotes that do suggest Australians being far from welcoming of immigrants Brits included(although almost tolerated)
Old Nov 8th 2009, 12:54 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Australians welcome foreigners
and here's part of the welcoming committee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.