Wikiposts

Is UK f**ked ?

Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:11 am
Banned

Comauver will become famous soon enoughComauver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Lawson started well. He had quite a radical budget in the mid eighties that lowered the tax take down to sensible levels and the economy benefited from it. Howe was a complete numpty. The ERM was a mistake (take note willamos - this was under the Tories). Lamont was also a numpty.

I think we can agree that historically speaking, Labour is not the only party that can screw up the economy.
Well it's pointless arguing because I disagree with a lot of that.

On the subject of the ERM, and Lamont had to work under that constraint, Labour and the Libs were even more enthusiastic than the Tories. The Economist and FT thought it was a panacea for our economy and it was thought heretic to speak out against it. Only a few monetarist Economists like Tim Congdon, Patrick Minford and of course Alan Walters (Lawson's nemesis) did and they were proved right.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:13 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Comauver
Well it's pointless arguing because I disagree with a lot of that.

On the subject of the ERM, and Lamont had to work under that constraint, Labour and the Libs were even more enthusiastic than the Tories. The Economist and FT thought it was a panacea for our economy and it was thought heretic to speak out against it. Only a few monetarist Economists like Tim Congdon, Patrick Minford and of course Alan Walters (Lawson's nemesis) did and they were proved right.
You think Howe and Lamont were good?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:36 am
Banned

Comauver will become famous soon enoughComauver will become famous soon enough

You think Howe and Lamont were good?
It takes time for the medicine to work. Both their successors inherited a decent situation.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

He did give us an unnecessary recession and managed to extend it for years longer than it needed to be. So he was on the road.

The reality is that governments of any flavour who are in for a long time start screwing the country up. Although you can knock Blair and Brown for ****ing things up this does not mean that the country would not have also been ****ed up by the Tories.

I'm sorry but you're a naive idealist if you truly think that the Conservative party would NEVER f*** things up like a Labour government does.

As for Heath. If you don't remember the 3-day week then look it up.
If folk think that incoming Tory Government will somehow put every thing right again..all i can say is they may be in for a bit of a surprise.
How i wonder will they go about repairing the nation and who will pay?

Last edited by the troubadour; Nov 10th 2009 at 7:06 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
If folk think that incoming Tory Government will somehow put every thing right again..all i can say is they may be in for a bit of a surprise.
How i wonder will they go about repairing the nation and who will pay?
... and who left the country in the state its in? Labour inherited a confident country and turned it into a credit obsessed fear based paranoid place, nice legacy!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
... and who left the country in the state its in? Labour inherited a confident country and turned it into a credit obsessed fear based paranoid place, nice legacy!
It is lazy good for nothing miscreants like you that have stuffed it up!

How is it going mate?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:17 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
It is lazy good for nothing miscreants like you that have stuffed it up!

How is it going mate?
Yeah not bad yerself mate?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

Yeah not bad yerself mate?
Struggling to find anything at my level on the board to be honest. In real life, pretty good.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:20 pm
Straw Man.

Struggling to find anything at my level on the board to be honest. In real life, pretty good.
Same same, cool to hear, I have to go now to that filthy thing called work... I'm not happy about this situation!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Not me. It was still working when I left.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on... I've been doing my best to drag the board down. Just how much lower do we have to get to get down to your level?.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Come on... I've been doing my best to drag the board down. Just how much lower do we have to get to get down to your level?.
And do the rest of us want to visit that low low place?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Credit obsessed society was around long before Labour got in. Shame Labour didn't see fit to nail their own colours to the mast instead of apeing too many Tory policies.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
My level is lower than a snake limbo dancing under a very low pole whilst wearing a top hat. If that helps.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 4:21 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Credit obsessed society was around long before Labour got in. Shame Labour didn't see fit to nail their own colours to the mast instead of apeing too many Tory policies.
Oh yeah, definitely the fault of the Tories, most definitely...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.