Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

View Poll Results: Rugby World Cup 2011 - Who will win?
New Zealand
30.91%
Australia
8.18%
South Africa
12.73%
England
17.27%
Ireland
5.45%
France
2.73%
Scotland
2.73%
Argentina
0.91%
Wales
8.18%
Fiji
1.82%
Samoa
0.91%
Italy
1.82%
Bizarre Outcome
6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Old Oct 1st 2011, 10:54 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Following the last few days of rugby here's a suggestion for retirees....get your pensions now boys cause it aint happening on the field!!
  1. John Smit (old, fat and old)
  2. South African Coach (Midget with the annoying voice) De Villiers...I don't think I need to explain that one
  3. Wilkinson - Go practice your kicking by all means but do it well away from the England rugby field. If it's gone it's gone...we can't all have Steyn in the surname (Francois, Morne...LOVE IT)...Johnny you aint no Saffer when it comes to your game you need to be a thoroughbreed it seems?)
  4. Martin Johnson - I told you thuggery was no receipe for world cup success (although quite happy for you to stay and get some more whippings from Wales along the way, all that money and that's the performances you guide....its not bloody UEFA 'Oscar nominations here' football). If you want to lead by example perhaps Chav riots are more your forte?

Candidates for meditation and reflection before coming back
  1. The entire England team...apart from Tindall...I think he found the light in his pants today and will need a lot of massage. (and no I am not offering you have minging ears...with all that money now some surgery might be in order, although your new family all have weird ears so maybe you fit in nicely)
  2. Darnie Rossouw..please what is wrong? Male PMT or are your legs broken? what happened. I suggest 3 weeks in Balito with a lot of brandy.
  3. Dan Carter....you need to see a stylist...You were so cute, now your a broody rough neck and its affecting your game (although don't go til after the WC...I want Wales to win)

Last edited by Maddyjvn; Oct 1st 2011 at 10:56 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So whilst your talking about players going to roost...what about some of those beards and mullets...the US had a few rocking mullets going and the Canadians had some monster rough neck beards in their squad, put everyone to shame, even that grease ridden hairy beast for Italy
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:46 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
So whilst your talking about players going to roost...what about some of those beards and mullets...the US had a few rocking mullets going and the Canadians had some monster rough neck beards in their squad, put everyone to shame, even that grease ridden hairy beast for Italy
Thanks goodness Francois Steyn got rid of his "that's 70s show" stylie mullett...he put Glen Hoddle to shame! LOL

Don't know if you've seen the beard man who plays for the Lions, and whose name escapes me, but I read in my first intellectual appraisal of SA's Heat magazine recently (fishing was a bit slow), that he moved to Jo'burg and left his woman in the veld, she asked him to grow it to keep other women away. The insecure and the Cave man...crazy but its love. Not sure it's bound by trust but this is the land of gold diggers and anti depressants...hair does odd things for some women.

And then there is this November business!! When all the guys grow YMCA style mustaches....surely flashing those pert buns (not Chevallier for France though) would be more appealing and raise more cash? LOL

Long hair on face or head are not my cuppa tea when it comes to my rugger special men, and bloody stupid if you ask me...I'd just give it a good yank in the ruck...and I'm talking about the beard before you naughties think I am anything but professional on the rugby field...I do love a good mixed scrumage though! Especially second row to some London hotties at my old local club (which for reasons of not offending an ex's new wife will not be named)...right back to the rugger.

At this rate I may as well not go to bed and stay up as first match has started..nice rough and tough warm up to the Wales match later. Better than going to bed...massive storm still stuck over our mountain and hubby's snoring like a rutting moose again. Given the amount and duration of yesterday's beer fest..they'll be no rough and tumble there for a few hours yet...oh I love the beast that is man! RUGBY BOYS FOREVER.

Last edited by Maddyjvn; Oct 2nd 2011 at 12:50 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Dan Carter out of World Cup, let the chocking begin
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:56 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Originally Posted by papilon
Dan Carter out of World Cup, let the chocking begin
and they can't even bring Carlos out of retirement. He's here coaching the Lions and doing a very good job to all accounts. (Couldn't beat my Bulls last week though haha, should have signed for Pretoria my sonny Jim) we can't all be perfect.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:02 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I don't quite get that mentality...sure you go for your own home nation, but if they're not in it, surely it's better another home nation does well than say the French?

But then seeing Scotland choke to a really unimpressive England team, right at the end must grate a little
It's just the sign of a deeply ingrained inferiority complex, give it a few hundred years and it may fade a little.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:07 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

It just makes every England win that bit sweeter.
Originally Posted by DeadVim
It's just the sign of a deeply ingrained inferiority complex, give it a few hundred years and it may fade a little.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:08 am
Mad Moo plus 2

oh and just in case you were not sure who the best rugger side in the World is...Kurshies just been called up as Frans Steyn's injured....another Blue Bull I hear you gasp!!

Oh yes...and I shall paint my spareroom in the Bulls blue in their honour this week...already done the offiice in Welsh read and then hung hubby's original collection of the Boks last RWC win on it..just in case he forgets whose boss! hahahahaha..the battle of the valley and veld! Epic.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:10 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
It just makes every England win that bit sweeter.
Indeed, and means Andy Murray is definitely Scottish, not British
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:14 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Indeed, and means Andy Murray is definitely Scottish, not British
UKish innit....and he's going to need to cover my medical bills if he keeps up the tradition of nearly but not quite!

Bloody still storming it here...keeps pixilating my TV....nice and arty but Fing annoying. Can't decide whether I should have coffee or more wine...
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:20 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Maddyjvn
UKish innit....and he's going to need to cover my medical bills if he keeps up the tradition of nearly but not quite!

Bloody still storming it here...keeps pixilating my TV....nice and arty but Fing annoying. Can't decide whether I should have coffee or more wine...
I hate pixelating and those nasty sound drop-outs you get from digitial TV.

Is this progress? What happened to a bit of ghosting?

And knobs for volume? Proper knobs. Not 6 is too quiet, 7 is too loud, an analogue knob.

I think I started my BE life many moons ago on this subject ...
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:37 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

No one brainwashed me as a child - I have formed my own opinions (all by myself too).

I have no inferiority complex - especially to an englishman.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

interesting to see that Canada have scored 2 tries already against the mighty All Blacks... so their defence is not as impenetrable as it seems..
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:01 am
Mad Moo plus 2

I hate pixelating and those nasty sound drop-outs you get from digitial TV.

Is this progress? What happened to a bit of ghosting?

And knobs for volume? Proper knobs. Not 6 is too quiet, 7 is too loud, an analogue knob.

I think I started my BE life many moons ago on this subject ...
Tell me about it. Have to adjust TV and Sat box volume to get it audible but low enough to not wake everyone when I'm doing my sport addiction thing, and don't even get me started on the supposedly auto screen settings here...Have a nice new Sony MASSIVE TV for the RWC (my hubby is too cool) so its not all bad. But given the poop DSTV he may as well have bought an LG for half the price. Can't wait to wall mount....hopefully before Wales whip everyone and bring home the cup. I'm gonna fly home if that happens. Can't miss that party.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:08 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
interesting to see that Canada have scored 2 tries already against the mighty All Blacks... so their defence is not as impenetrable as it seems..
I'm not sure why I get very excited at All Black F ups....mind you Ozzie fumbles also excite me...see a pattern here?

Does it annoy you too when the kiwi and Ozzie fans boo kicks? How rude is that. No manners. Obviously breed them through school to be unsporting. Same way Saffers are bred to blame the ref. even when they are winning....but at least they are consistent complainers (specially for hubby!!) I wouldn't mind but I am a qualified rugby ref. and hubby sooooo isn't. Love it when he asks me...why did the ref. call that!! Not sure he gets the interpretation depending on mode of play business!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.