Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

View Poll Results: Rugby World Cup 2011 - Who will win?
New Zealand
30.91%
Australia
8.18%
South Africa
12.73%
England
17.27%
Ireland
5.45%
France
2.73%
Scotland
2.73%
Argentina
0.91%
Wales
8.18%
Fiji
1.82%
Samoa
0.91%
Italy
1.82%
Bizarre Outcome
6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:15 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Originally Posted by Maddyjvn
[*]Martin Johnson - I told you thuggery was no receipe for world cup success (although quite happy for you to stay and get some more whippings from Wales along the way, all that money and that's the performances you guide....its not bloody UEFA 'Oscar nominations here' football). If you want to lead by example perhaps Chav riots are more your forte?[/LIST]
Love it! A Saffer supporter giving sh!t to the English for Thuggery. What next?
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:18 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

No one brainwashed me as a child - I have formed my own opinions (all by myself too).

I have no inferiority complex - especially to an englishman.
Which leaves only a chip on your shoulders then, surely? Has to be one of the two
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:21 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

No one brainwashed me as a child - I have formed my own opinions (all by myself too).

Just because your losing ...
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Which leaves only a chip on your shoulders then, surely? Has to be one of the two
Definition of a balanced scotsman, chip on both shoulders
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Fiji. No energy left. Put to the sword today by impressive Wales.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 6:52 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Love it! A Saffer supporter giving sh!t to the English for Thuggery. What next?
I only support Safferdom to prevent divorce and to recognise the Blue Bull take over...but I think there is a difference between the way Johnson and Bakkies play (dirty) and the hard tackles our bulls boys compete with every week. Super 15 was awesome rugby again this year from the Southern Hemisphere lads. It's so different from what we get back home. Such a pity Gary Botha is too old and fat to get in the Boks side again. He's an awesome example of SA rugby's finest..not to mention Victor. Bloody JP was at the high tackles yesterday...naughty boy. I don't think we are anything like those dirty men in blue...and on that note...I have to announce I'm a London Irish supporter and let me tell you Stours is one naughty naughty little man!! Maybe it's height defiencey syndrome? Mind you Brian Lima wasn't a lot better when it came to keeping his knickers in order...he was one bad bad man when he lost his rag. 5 world cups though. Who am I to judge.

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Poor Fiji. No energy left. Put to the sword today by impressive Wales.
WOO HOO WALES.............yippee. More beer for breakfast to celebrate? And it's not even 9am. ooops. There is defo something wrong in my household the boys are all still in bed with major hangovers and I am devotedly attempting an almost 48 hour marathon of rugby, braai, beer, rugby...think I might have to snooze after the Ireland match.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 7:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it. Have to adjust TV and Sat box volume to get it audible but low enough to not wake everyone when I'm doing my sport addiction thing, and don't even get me started on the supposedly auto screen settings here...Have a nice new Sony MASSIVE TV for the RWC (my hubby is too cool) so its not all bad. But given the poop DSTV he may as well have bought an LG for half the price. Can't wait to wall mount....hopefully before Wales whip everyone and bring home the cup. I'm gonna fly home if that happens. Can't miss that party.
We've got a cheapo Sanyo TV and a dodgy aerial with bits missing, our other one is black and white (not by design).

Wales looking good, could be their year. I've spent a lot of time in Wales, usually in the hilly bits. I was watching From Russia With Love last night and recognised Snowdonia trying to fill in for Eastern Europe ...
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 7:04 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

So everyones predictions for the next game...close? I have a feeling this is going to be the real Ireland this morning. Working class men at arms kinda thing...Really looking forward to it as little Italy have suddenly decided to play of late.

I reckon Italy 14 to Ireland over 30...
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 7:06 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Originally Posted by DeadVim
We've got a cheapo Sanyo TV and a dodgy aerial with bits missing, our other one is black and white (not by design).

Wales looking good, could be their year. I've spent a lot of time in Wales, usually in the hilly bits. I was watching From Russia With Love last night and recognised Snowdonia trying to fill in for Eastern Europe ...
Let me just say FAB MOVIE....my friends don't get my JB addiction. Sexy blokes, guns, cars...it's almost as good as the rugby at Loftus LOL.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

So everyones predictions for the next game...close? I have a feeling this is going to be the real Ireland this morning. Working class men at arms kinda thing...Really looking forward to it as little Italy have suddenly decided to play of late.

I reckon Italy 14 to Ireland over 30...
Yep, Ireland by 20-30 points I reckon.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 8:02 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all. Why is it ok for say, an English person to want to see France or Germany fail at sport?

It's all part of the fun. England/Scotland, auld enemies, Scotland/France, auld alliance.

It's all fun.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 8:03 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Just because your losing ...
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Dan Carter out of World Cup, let the chocking begin
hmm... and it was going so well...

Remind me - are you one of these people who say 'anyone but England' because then I would wonder what your superiority complex is based on...!

At this rate I may as well not go to bed and stay up as first match has started..nice rough and tough warm up to the Wales match later. Better than going to bed...massive storm still stuck over our mountain and hubby's snoring like a rutting moose again. Given the amount and duration of yesterday's beer fest..they'll be no rough and tumble there for a few hours yet...oh I love the beast that is man! RUGBY BOYS FOREVER.

Rugby - it's a life. Soccer doesn't even come close.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 8:21 am
Mostly Harmless

Let me just say FAB MOVIE....my friends don't get my JB addiction. Sexy blokes, guns, cars...it's almost as good as the rugby at Loftus LOL.
I has a certain period charm to it, I avoid the Roger 'Acting Eyebrow' Moore Years though.

Calm down savage, calm down.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 8:22 am
I'm Old Gregg!

I only support Safferdom to prevent divorce and to recognise the Blue Bull take over...but I think there is a difference between the way Johnson and Bakkies play (dirty) and the hard tackles our bulls boys compete with every week.
You put Johnson on a par with Bakkies?????!!!!! Seriously, I don't think anyone is or ever was in Bakkies' league in terms of pure thuggery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.