Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pistorius. Guilty or not?

Pistorius. Guilty or not?

Old Apr 10th 2014, 10:31 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pistorius. Guilty or not?

Originally Posted by Beoz
Only on weekends

I take my phone with me to the toilet all the time. Before phones could read the news, it was a newspaper.

At the end of the day, you are speculating. The purpose of the court is to determine beyond reasonable doubt whether he intentionally killed his girlfriend.

It's going to be very hard for a prosecutor to prove that. A recorded conversation or letter is probably the only way.
Nothing is ever black and white just many shades of grey. IMO given the facts I have, he is in my mind guilty.

I just think the Intruder scenario doesn't add up! He lived in a high rise apartment on a secure complex, he felt secure enough to go to sleep with the balcony doors open, a person that paranoid about intruders just wouldn't do that. She was locked in the ensuite toilet at 3am having a pee, my ensuite door doesn't even get closed if I need a pee at 3am! He's also has a reputation for being aggressive he once got up in the night and drove 400 miles to settle an argument with a ex girlfriend.

It will be up to the judges opinion if he can say he believes that without reasonable doubt he's guilty or not.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Nothing is ever black and white just many shades of grey. IMO given the facts I have, he is in my mind guilty.

I just think the Intruder scenario doesn't add up! He lived in a high rise apartment on a secure complex, he felt secure enough to go to sleep with the balcony doors open, a person that paranoid about intruders just wouldn't do that. She was locked in the ensuite toilet at 3am having a pee, my ensuite door doesn't even get closed if I need a pee at 3am! He's also has a reputation for being aggressive he once got up in the night and drove 400 miles to settle an argument with a ex girlfriend.

It will be up to the judges opinion if he can say he believes that without reasonable doubt he's guilty or not.
Maybe she was taking a dump. Even I shut the ensuite door for that. ...... Sometimes.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:13 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Maybe she was taking a dump. Even I shut the ensuite door for that. ...... Sometimes.
When the wife yells at you for stinkng out the bedroom?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 12:08 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres my two pence worth.

I dont believe she got up for a pee, women of a certain age (of which I am one) get up in the night for a pee, sometime's twice. Younger women dont get up they have better bladder control. I am thinking of a couple of different scenarios
1 They were arguing, she was scared, ran to the bathroom picking up her phone off the bedside table and taking it with her to call for help.

2 She went to the loo while he was sleeping, to text or email someone possibly a man, he wasnt asleep, knew what she was up to and shot her in a jealous rage.

I dont buy that she went to the loo for a pee.

My thoughts.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 12:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Heres my two pence worth.

I dont believe she got up for a pee, women of a certain age (of which I am one) get up in the night for a pee, sometime's twice. Younger women dont get up they have better bladder control. I am thinking of a couple of different scenarios
1 They were arguing, she was scared, ran to the bathroom picking up her phone off the bedside table and taking it with her to call for help.

2 She went to the loo while he was sleeping, to text or email someone possibly a man, he wasnt asleep, knew what she was up to and shot her in a jealous rage.

I dont buy that she went to the loo for a pee.

My thoughts.
My 19 year old daughter gets up sometimes in the night to use the toilet. Should I tell she should have better bladder control?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
When the wife yells at you for stinkng out the bedroom?
Exactly. Anything to avoid a moan.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK ... New ... Theory.

She was taking a noisey dump, whilst posting on BE.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:16 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

The electric fans have sealed his fate.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My 19 year old daughter gets up sometimes in the night to use the toilet. Should I tell she should have better bladder control?
I remember being young.... long ago.... some nights I got up, some nights I didn't, sometimes cos I drank too much before sleeping, sometimes just cos I woke up and felt the need. Age is/was irrelevant

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 10th 2014 at 2:00 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:42 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Just get her a bulletproof nighty
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I know we had this discussion when he was first arrested but I've forgotten the answer, if/when he goes to prison presumably he goes legless?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 2:03 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I know we had this discussion when he was first arrested but I've forgotten the answer, if/when he goes to prison presumably he goes legless?
That's a good question, but I'd assume that because he already owns a pair of 'leg feet' then he would have the right to take them with him. Then again, he may need to be locked up in solitary confinement due to being 'easy white butt meat'. So probers won't need them.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 2:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
That's a good question, but I'd assume that because he already owns a pair of 'leg feet' then he would have the right to take them with him. Then again, he may need to be locked up in solitary confinement due to being 'easy white butt meat'. So probers won't need them.
Any 'legs' could be used as weapons I'd have thought. How many legless people are there in prisons worldwide?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 2:34 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Any 'legs' could be used as weapons I'd have thought. How many legless people are there in prisons worldwide?
Loads. It's called contraband.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the Red Cross can parachute in some legs as they did for Douglas Bader.

I feel he has a right to be mobile.....you can't just take a man's legs out from under him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.