Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pistorius. Guilty or not?

Pistorius. Guilty or not?

Old Apr 14th 2014, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pistorius. Guilty or not?

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Well, nothing concrete except the fact that OP doesn't dispute he shot her 4 times.
When was that debated? I think everyone agrees, include Oscar, he shot her 4 times.

When did I say beyond a reasonable doubt?
Never to the best of my knowledge. Why are you asking me that question?

What I said was that the prosecution has to show the judge that Pistorius shot with the intention to do harm.
Correct and at present I cannot see at any point, the prosecutor has done that. If there was a jury, and if I was on it, and if I was doing my job objectively and properly, at no point could I put my hand on my heart, with the evidence that's been presented and say, I am truly convinced, beyond reasonable doubt that OP intentionally killed his girlfriend.

You have to remember, OP goes into that court as an innocent man. His story is the only story. Its the job of the prosecutor to prove otherwise. The prosecutor has not done that to date. You can only work with what you've got. Not "maybes" and speculation.

I personally think Nel is doing a fine job of showing the holes in OP's story.
He might be, but the only way he has managed to crack OP is with his emotions.

Today is another day. Nel might be able to crack him and bring a complete admission of guilt.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:04 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Well, nothing concrete except the fact that OP doesn't dispute he shot her 4 times.

When did I say beyond a reasonable doubt? What I said was that the prosecution has to show the judge that Pistorius shot with the intention to do harm.

I personally think Nel is doing a fine job of showing the holes in OP's story.
I agree. There is no dispute he shot her, and the process he took after the shooting showed he wanted to make sure the people called after his "incident" were there before the rest of the authorities arrived. Strange pattern of behaviour for a man in shock. One thing I do not understand, is that Oscar claims he did not hear a scream and yet neighbours did that prompted security to call his home to find out if everything was alright. He claimed there was no problem. I want to know how he simply could not hear that the person behind the door was a woman based on her screams. Doesn't anyone find it strange that she had told him in an earlier text message she was scared of him at times. You don't fear a person unless they show behaviours that have a potential to do harm. Her instincts then were spot on, pity she did not heed them in time.

I understand the security issues in Joburg, but I also know he was living in a well secured development. If he was so fearful why on earth would he step out on his balcony in the middle of the night. He would be completely exposed to an attack out there, and a golden opportunity for someone to get in. He obviously felt secure enough to open the door to go out to the balcony, and that is something you do not do in Joburg without good security.

According to testimony from different sources, one heard shouting and then screams with gunfire. Others heard screams and gunfire. Forensics finds that not only was the bathroom window shut, but the trajectory of the bullet indicates the Oscar shot into the door at an upward motion which hit her in the hip. It is suggested that she must have been standing on the toilet when the first bullet hit her in the hip which is a strange behaviour for someone just wanting to go to the bathroom. I do wonder if she was looking to see if she could get out of the home through the bathroom window because she was so scared. He surely must have heard her fall and kept on firing. It is simply incredible that someone has bullets flying at them and would make no sound. I think Oscar is being shown to be a trigger happy violent man and he needs to go away for life.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 10:26 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
I understand the security issues in Joburg, but I also know he was living in a well secured development. If he was so fearful why on earth would he step out on his balcony in the middle of the night. He would be completely exposed to an attack out there, and a golden opportunity for someone to get in. He obviously felt secure enough to open the door to go out to the balcony, and that is something you do not do in Joburg without good security.
I think you mean Pretoria...
Old Apr 14th 2014, 10:59 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

he's a cutie, but i'm sorrie i think he is guiltie.

Last edited by commonwealth; Apr 14th 2014 at 11:01 am.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:15 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
I think you mean Pretoria...
Oops! Joeys and Pretoria are equally as bad. The place is so big any more that it has become one moerse dorpie.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:52 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Guilty as. I also think he will probably get away with it though as he is a popular sports figure.
You are aware South Africa doesn't have a jury system, RIGHT?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 5:34 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
You are aware South Africa doesn't have a jury system, RIGHT?
Correct but money can buy you lots of chances in the new and improved South Africa.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 5:37 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Correct but money can buy you lots of chances in the new and improved South Africa.
Sure, but the person's 'celebrity' will have no bearing on the verdict like (arguably) the one did in the OJ Simpson case.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:02 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Sure, but the person's 'celebrity' will have no bearing on the verdict like (arguably) the one did in the OJ Simpson case.
You are arguing about a sound legal system which is toast in the new and improved South Africa. Only thing against Pistorius is his celebrity as the judge is fully aware the world is watching. They can't screw this up any more than the investigative team contaminating the murder site already have. But just to add to poor Oscar's state of mind dealing with the horrible and tragic loss of his girlfriend, he does manage to find himself another squeeze to comfort him. http://southafricanews34.wordpress.c...ent-paramedic/

This girl must be nuts for even going there with this guy, but maybe this is her way to fame and fortune if they put him in the slammer. He won't be allowed to profit from the saga but she can milk it for all it is worth if she chooses. Who says bad publicity is bad anyway?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:09 pm
Banned

You are arguing about a sound legal system which is toast in the new and improved South Africa.
Firstly, agree with your comment re SA police. My experience of Saffer cops is they are incredibly corrupt and most should be in prison (most make the MPS look competent and not racist!).

Second, I still stand by my comment that Oscar's 'celebrity' will have no bearing on the Judge's decision in this case. He's a professional, not a lay person who is easily influenced by such an issue.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:16 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Firstly, agree with your comment re SA police. My experience of Saffer cops is they are incredibly corrupt and most should be in prison (most make the MPS look competent and not racist!).

Second, I still stand by my comment that Oscar's 'celebrity' will have no bearing on the Judge's decision in this case. He's a professional, not a lay person who is easily influenced by such an issue.
Well, here's hoping but I will not hold my breath.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:19 pm
Banned

Well, here's hoping but I will not hold my breath.
Sorry, maybe I have missed something? You believe Oscar is not guilty?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:20 pm
Nuts and Bolts

I am impressed with the prosecutor though and hope he scores on this one as he did with Selebi. Selebi did some damage to one of my family members in SA, and it was a good day when that ***** got caught. Really, at the end of the day, I hope there is justice for Reeva. Her family deserves that much.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:21 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Sorry, maybe I have missed something? You believe Oscar is not guilty?
I think he is GUILTY! That however does not mean much in a lawless society.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:27 pm
Banned

I think he is GUILTY! That however does not mean much in a lawless society.
South Africa is lawless, you will find no argument from me there. I think you under estimate the prosecution and judge in this trial though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.