Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Wikiposts

The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Originally Posted by annqldau
So what's the latest are we in for another week of rain and storms as this new Low turns in???
Yes, I reckon there's plenty to come over the next week. And I'm back on duty next week and apparently now act like a storm magnet, so look out for more wind and rain nest week too (though that bit isn't an official forecast!)
The low is expected to move nearer the coast over the nest couple of days so that'll bring wind and rain into the southern half of the State.

Extended outlook from the BoM for this week is

The monsoonal depression will move off the coast today near Cardwell then remain stationary and develop no further. This will lead to rain areas with
thunderstorms continuing over the southern tropics with heavier falls near the
coast.
General rain areas sweeping west across southern districts on Tuesday and reaching the eastern Channel country on Wednesday. Rain periods easing over the SE to general showers on Wednesday and Thursday. Isolated showers and thunderstorms continuing in the west. Strong NW winds to continue in the tropics through to Thursday with the southern strong SE winds contracting to the Wide Bay and Capricornia coasts.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 12:01 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

And I can't get my tumble dryer to work as it's 30 amp and no spare feed...#@$%

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, I reckon there's plenty to come over the next week. And I'm back on duty next week and apparently now act like a storm magnet, so look out for more wind and rain nest week too (though that bit isn't an official forecast!)
The low is expected to move nearer the coast over the nest couple of days so that'll bring wind and rain into the southern half of the State.

The monsoonal depression will move off the coast today near Cardwell then remain stationary and develop no further. This will lead to rain areas with
coast.
General rain areas sweeping west across southern districts on Tuesday and reaching the eastern Channel country on Wednesday. Rain periods easing over the SE to general showers on Wednesday and Thursday. Isolated showers and thunderstorms continuing in the west. Strong NW winds to continue in the tropics through to Thursday with the southern strong SE winds contracting to the Wide Bay and Capricornia coasts.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:37 am

Not sure we can call it a drought anymore as Brisbane dams at 28%, highest level for six years and I'm sick of rain, rain and more rain.

Originally Posted by Pollyana

coast.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:46 pm

Not sure we can call it a drought anymore as Brisbane dams at 28%, highest level for six years and I'm sick of rain, rain and more rain.
& rising judging by the weather outside.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

& rising judging by the weather outside.
Our little dam down here risen by 20+% in the last week to about 80% and its absolutely pissing down again !Anyone got any spare buckets ?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy shit!!!!!! How much more rain can fall ?????
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Our little dam down here risen by 20+% in the last week to about 80% and its absolutely pissing down again !Anyone got any spare buckets ?
Your garden will go tropical now...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Your garden will go tropical now...
The gardens on the way to being GORN ! To be replaced by decking
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:06 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Welcome to a "normal" East Coast Australian February!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Wol
Welcome to a "normal" East Coast Australian February!
Rockhampton on alert again as river expected to flood all the houses that have just cleaned up... it's gone from drought to Noah style floods everywhere.

Glad I bought on a hill.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:43 am

Looks like we are in for a lovely day today with a nice blue yellow red blob on the radar about to come over just in time for rush hour.

Lets guess... lots of 'bingles' as the Aussies lose their ability to nearly drive... may be time to leave for work early to miss the crashes.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:32 pm

Unhappy Re: The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Looks like we are in for a lovely day today with a nice blue yellow red blob on the radar about to come over just in time for rush hour.

Lets guess... lots of 'bingles' as the Aussies lose their ability to nearly drive... may be time to leave for work early to miss the crashes.

Seems I was right now have a paddling pool in the garage and a full to the brim dam and overflowing swimming pool...
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's one hell of a lot of rain for June Tank's overflowing (thank god, we actually had to shower in town water last week ) Major waterfall flowing off the pool, it looks a bit like an infinity but without the cost

Fun fun fun!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:29 pm

It's one hell of a lot of rain for June Tank's overflowing (thank god, we actually had to shower in town water last week ) Major waterfall flowing off the pool, it looks a bit like an infinity but without the cost

Fun fun fun!
If I'd had my big bath I could have had one with all that overflowing water...
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

I dream of having a bath We need to build an extension to fit one in though, seems a tad excessive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.