Reload this Page >

Little things I miss from Blighty

Little things I miss from Blighty

Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Little things I miss from Blighty

Originally Posted by spartacus
I've got you marked down as an 'ASDA' type.
He'll be a Morrisons type of guy.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 11:10 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

River wye, avon and severn.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
River wye, avon and severn.
Are they your children.?
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 4:23 pm
Banned

Been there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Total cobblers. I have ducted reverse cycling and it costs a packet to run, gets nowhere near the heat generated by radiators and is cold again the instant you turn it off. For heating... it's hopeless.
Then you got screwed by your installer. Nearly every house here has ducted and it's briiliant. Get your money back......
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 4:26 pm
Banned

Been there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by deb68
Debs hubby:

Walikng along the river seven in mid summer looking for a good spot to drop a line in, god i miss my carp fishing.
Bloody carp everywhere in Oz. What a strange post..........
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 4:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chris955
I could and did drive on the motorway at 100 MPH and generally not feel in any danger, driving at 100 KPH down the Gold Coast fills me with dread. Apparently though it makes perfect sense to be able to overtake and undertake and drive in whatever lane that takes your fancy at the time.
And what exactly is wrong with that?
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:24 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I miss decent affordable cheese. Just been toying with a very small block of gruyere at $9.50 and put it back as I would have felt like a complete mug if I'd put it in my basket.

I miss women with quiet voices. Just where do Aussie women learn to boom like that?

I miss leeks and spring onions with the ends trimmed. Just got back from the market and had to fill up the bin with the junk I've had to cut off the ends.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:30 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I miss leeks and spring onions with the ends trimmed. Just got back from the market and had to fill up the bin with the junk I've had to cut off the ends.
I just take the ends off the spring onions in situ otherwise the overflow from the bleeding basket would be taking out everything on the way to the till.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:32 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I just take the ends off the spring onions in situ otherwise the overflow from the bleeding basket would be taking out everything on the way to the till.
It would be quite fun to whop a machete out in Coles and start tidying up the vegetables you want to acquire.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:34 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
It would be quite fun to whop a machete out in Coles and start tidying up the vegetables you want to acquire.
I always remove extraneous matter from veg.. I haven't quite plucked up the courage to peel oranges/bananas yet, but its only a matter of time.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Been there
And what exactly is wrong with that?
I agree. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Where do you leave the offcuts?

Last edited by Alfresco; Sep 3rd 2011 at 5:41 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I agree. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Where do you leave the offcuts?
They often have bins there for you to leave it in.At some markets the server at the checkout has a knife and will trim the ends for you.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
They often have bins there for you to leave it in.At some markets the server at the checkout has a knife and will trim the ends for you.
Thank you. Never ever thought of that!
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 6:59 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ukecadet
I miss the sound of a tv set exploding on the pavement after being thrown over the balcony of a council flat.
Try Northbridge on a Friday night usually because because the programmes are so garbage.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 7:02 pm
Banned

I miss how they don't go through your shopping after checkout in the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.