Reload this Page >

Little things I miss from Blighty

Little things I miss from Blighty

Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Little things I miss from Blighty

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
When I was a kid I got taken to a house that looked like that for weeks on end in the summer for a few years. I have vivid memories of playing in a garden like that. It was known as the 'Little Garden' or some such nonsense. Amazing estate - a driveway of several miles, a moat...a summer house, and acres and acres of stuff.
Me too... it was called Heaton Park
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:49 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Me too... it was called Heaton Park
Nice oneI'd forgotten all about that spot.Did you know it's been used of late as a training ground for would-be-terrorist Habib Ahmed.
I used to go there with a paste sandwich wrapped in grease paper and a bottle of pop.Habib's yomping up and down with a backpack on planing an attack.
Sign of the times I guess.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Nice oneI'd forgotten all about that spot.Did you know it's been used of late as a training ground for would-be-terrorist Habib Ahmed.
I used to go there with a paste sandwich wrapped in grease paper and a bottle of pop.Habib's yomping up and down with a backpack on planing an attack.
Sign of the times I guess.
When I was still a nipper and living in Beswick, prior to the slum clearance, the students from Manchester Uni used to come and bus loads of us kids out to Heaton Park during the long school holiday.... I thought I was in the countryside. Prior to that, the biggest bit of green I'd seen, was Phillps Park.

Don't remember too many Islamic nut jobs knocking about in those days.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:23 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
Ahhhh but SA have the Spur Steak Houses
My favourite one was at Blouberg: On the first floor with huge windows with a postcard quality view of table mountain.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 7:31 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paulry
My favourite one was at Blouberg: On the first floor with huge windows with a postcard quality view of table mountain.
Blouberg near sandrift did you remember the chinese restaurant that overlooked the sea on the beach road?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 9:36 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Blouberg near sandrift did you remember the chinese restaurant that overlooked the sea on the beach road?
I can't say I do, was it good? Yonks ago I knew the area fairly well - I was based at Ysterplaat for nearly a year and did some camps around that way too. Always had a cracking time.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:01 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

I can't say I do, was it good? Yonks ago I knew the area fairly well - I was based at Ysterplaat for nearly a year and did some camps around that way too. Always had a cracking time.
I lived in Sandrift for a while and remember the Spur steakhouse, massive tender steaks served on a wooden platter, no one and I mean no one can do steaks like Sarf Africans.

My Dad lived in Hillbrow when I was kid and said in the 70s it was fantastic, now it is just black gangs running the place apparently.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:13 pm
Banned

I lived in Sandrift for a while and remember the Spur steakhouse, massive tender steaks served on a wooden platter, no one and I mean no one can do steaks like Sarf Africans.

My Dad lived in Hillbrow when I was kid and said in the 70s it was fantastic, now it is just black gangs running the place apparently.
Spurs spare ribs are great. Their salad valley was good too

I lived in Hillbrow for six months or so in 85. It was a vibrant and fun place in those days. Today it's in a very bad way and is just plain dangerous.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:17 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs spare ribs are great. Their salad valley was good too

I lived in Hillbrow for six months or so in 85. It was a vibrant and fun place in those days. Today it's in a very bad way and is just plain dangerous.
And after all that you ended up in Canberra
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
And after all that you ended up in Canberra
Yeah it is a bit like a retirement home here by comparison
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:24 pm
Banned

...A cold retirement home
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:32 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

...A cold retirement home
Pop up and see me in sydney early next year,i'll lend you a warm coat
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:40 pm
Banned

Pop up and see me in sydney early next year,i'll lend you a warm coat
Are you returning here to live?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:42 pm
FREE TIBET

Are you returning here to live?
The CV is out there
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:44 pm
Banned

The CV is out there
I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.