Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:35 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Desdemona
Best to keep an eye on things Never what's going on when your back is turned Welcome back Bundy.
Thanks Desi. How's tricks?
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:44 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Thanks Desi. How's tricks?
Things are going really well, Bundy. Much as before. It'll be great to see G, and hopefully Bix, who have both been pretty AWOL since you've been gone
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:02 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Things are going really well, Bundy. Much as before. It'll be great to see G, and hopefully Bix, who have both been pretty AWOL since you've been gone
Yeah, it's those boys, they can't cope with my absence....
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:05 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

The Crap is Back.

Hello people, I am now back online (evenings and weekends only at the moment, I'm afraid to say). So let the crap continue. I've been away for months....there must be some gossip by now (aside from the slating I was getting on the Oz forum).
Welcome back Bundy!

No good goss that I know of (mind you, I haven't been on the forum much myself lately, cos I've got a life these days, too ) Have been in Oz 10.5 months now - how time flies. Still love it, so that's a good sign...

As for the postings on the Oz forum, console yourself with the thought that they happened because you have 'celebrity status'. As Posh Spice (I think) so succinctly put it: 'I can't even fart in the street without the media reporting it.' A word of advice though: say 'NO' when they ask you to go on 'Big Brother House'

Have fun in Leeds. There is some fab countryside round there - and it's miles away from the dreaded A14, too!

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:34 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Don't usually light up the pc this time of day but my bone was drawn in here

Just a compelling urge.......must be like those water diviners get.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:53 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hadn't noticed this being resurrected

I'll have to check more often

Hi B..Hi desi and you Bix

G
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:58 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hadn't noticed this being resurrected

G
Aye up old man.......could be the start of a new fishing season
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:29 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

hi there Bundy, long time no see and all that

so you've packed up your bags and heading out of Cambs... you'll be surely missed!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:42 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
G
Hi G Good to see both you and Bix back on the crap thread. And Bundy of course!! Just as I predicted How's the weather back in blighty? We are predicted to warm up finally next week with the advent of summer.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 2:40 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, the old clique is back!

I was very proud of myself for staying out of the thread in the Oz forum, it was hard But now I can go in there again, don't know what to say really

So how's the new job going B? You started a few days ago?

Hey K! How's Canada?
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:44 pm
She's a bird, you know

Morning all (well, it is here, at least).

Ahhh....the thread is back, like a comfortable old jumper. Or something.

The new job. Yep, it's good, although I've only been there since Monday, and I had Friday off ( ) so it's a little hard to judge. Main thing is that I've gone from working with a team with an average age of 55 (known locally as the WI) to a team where the average age is more like 30. Really nice people and the touching thing is that they seem genuinely pleased to have me working there. Of course, being me, it's all been a bit hectic having been well and truly shoved in at the deep end. Running summer schools again, although on much smaller scale dealing with 130 students over 2 weeks instead of 1200 over 6 weeks. Mind you, these are kids, so it's all a bit different.

Anyway, I am the only one in the office trained in risk assessment so I was busy doing them on my second day and have an exciting trip to York to pratt about with a clipboard sometime soon.

All in all, not bad. It was a good move to make and I feel all the better for it.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:21 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

The new job. Yep, it's good, although I've only been there since Monday, and I had Friday off ( ) so it's a little hard to judge. Main thing is that I've gone from working with a team with an average age of 55 (known locally as the WI) to a team where the average age is more like 30. Really nice people and the touching thing is that they seem genuinely pleased to have me working there. Of course, being me, it's all been a bit hectic having been well and truly shoved in at the deep end. Running summer schools again, although on much smaller scale dealing with 130 students over 2 weeks instead of 1200 over 6 weeks. Mind you, these are kids, so it's all a bit different.

Anyway, I am the only one in the office trained in risk assessment so I was busy doing them on my second day and have an exciting trip to York to pratt about with a clipboard sometime soon.

All in all, not bad. It was a good move to make and I feel all the better for it.
Evenin' (well it is here)

The new job sounds grand & I hope it works out well for you. Enjoy York - I think it is a terrific place. ISTR the beer's good there, too....

So how does Leeds conmpare to Cambridge for traffic, decent shops, restaurants, night spots etc (or is that a no-brainer? )

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:52 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Yay, the old clique is back!
Hey K! How's Canada?

hey Simone, Canada's good thanks! after a bout of rain last week, the weekend has come up trumps... warm/hot and no rain to be seen... just went off to a themepark here in montreal, great fun for all especially the kids that went there...

Originally Posted by Anyay
So how does Leeds conmpare to Cambridge for traffic, decent shops, restaurants, night spots etc (or is that a no-brainer? )
there's night spots in cambridge!!!

PS: are you back for good Bundy?!!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ksct97
hey Simone, Canada's good thanks! after a bout of rain last week, the weekend has come up trumps... warm/hot and no rain to be seen... just went off to a themepark here in montreal, great fun for all especially the kids that went there...

there's night spots in cambridge!!!

PS: are you back for good Bundy?!!
Hi K

Hope you are well.

G
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:58 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear the job is going well Bundy.....
Hope you Mum and family are in better health and keeping strong.
Take care

D x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.