Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:40 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Jellybean
I think he was pissed/drunk/out of line royally
Again.
Old May 7th 2005, 7:25 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Well hello there people. Yes, believe your eyes, it's me, the Bundster, just popping in to say hello.

Yes, I disappeared for a bit there, sorry about that. Now that I am no longer emigrating, the need to spend quite so much time here on Expats is reduced. Oh, and I've been finding something called a life too which is proving to be great fun

So, what have I been doing? Let's see...turning 28 (thanks for the birthday wishes), leaving my job (hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!), being offered a new job (running a programme for gifted and talented youth at Leeds Uni), being offered an interview for an even better job (tactical situation there), sorting the flat out in preparation for my move Up North. And, erm, finding a new and incredibly lovely man with whom to spend my days (sorry Bix, you missed out there ). In other words, I've been quite busy.

And then there's BundyMum...she had a bad episode a couple of weeks ago when we received a call at 2.30pm on a Sunday afternoon telling us she had a matter of hours to live and that we had to get to Jersey pronto. Try doing that out of season on a Sunday night. My brothers and I converged from 3 corners of the UK (Manchester, London and Southampton) arriving within 10 minutes of each other thanks to some very nice pilots (if anyone gets the chance to fly with Jet2, then do so, they are my new heroes and I love them all). When we arrived BM had pneumonia, kidney failure, liver failure and was unconscious, about to be put on a ventilator. The doctors told us they had done all they could and didn't expect her to make it through the night, so it was a miserable few hours.

But you know BM. She was still with us the next morning, her kidneys and liver started working again and the following day they started to get on top of the pneumonia. She then got a nasty stomach bug in hosp which set her back a few days, but she bounced back once again, was discharged after only a week in hospital and was well enough to have her final dose of chemo. The doctor who admitted her came in specially to see her off and told us she'd never met anyone like BM....confirming what we all know, that BM is truly a marvel.

So, she's back at home now, awaiting lots of post-chemo test results. As usual, we know she doesn't have long, but she wants another summer at least, and wants to make it as far as my parents 35 wedding anniversary in October. Knowing her, she'll do it too.

And there we have it.....update from the world of Bundy. I still won't be around that much, but I'll pop on every now and then.

What have I missed?
Old May 7th 2005, 7:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see BM pulled through

Move up north, scared?

Me, got job interview on Monday, Lawerence, Mass...so 3 hr drive down there...but we're heading to in-laws in a bit to spend mothers day there.

Other than that...not all that much different...hmmm...
Had my greencard interview the other day, still haven't got my approval letter or greencard...don't know what's going on there...

Errr...been a bit of a mod shake up...and that's the highlight.
Old May 7th 2005, 7:50 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Glad to see BM pulled through

Move up north, scared?

Me, got job interview on Monday, Lawerence, Mass...so 3 hr drive down there...but we're heading to in-laws in a bit to spend mothers day there.

Other than that...not all that much different...hmmm...
Had my greencard interview the other day, still haven't got my approval letter or greencard...don't know what's going on there...

Errr...been a bit of a mod shake up...and that's the highlight.

THAT'S the highlight????!!!!! My word, the place does fall apart without me, eh.

Good luck with the greencard - no news is good news and all that. Fingers crossed.

Not scared at all about the move North! I've spent more time there in the winter than the summer, so I think I've seen it at its worst, and I still love the hills and the stone walls. Won't be living in Leeds, but out in a village which is just how I like it.
Old May 7th 2005, 8:08 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
THAT'S the highlight????!!!!! My word, the place does fall apart without me, eh.

Good luck with the greencard - no news is good news and all that. Fingers crossed.

Not scared at all about the move North! I've spent more time there in the winter than the summer, so I think I've seen it at its worst, and I still love the hills and the stone walls. Won't be living in Leeds, but out in a village which is just how I like it.
Ey Oop B

Hope you are well.

Life can play all sorts of tricks on us.

All my best wishes for the future.

I know you will be OK

G
Old May 7th 2005, 8:15 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
Ey Oop B

Hope you are well.

Life can play all sorts of tricks on us.

All my best wishes for the future.

I know you will be OK

G
Thanks G, it is certainly a funny old game and all that. Still, main thing is that I'm a lot happier now than I have been in a while, so let's hope it continues.

How are you? Where are you?
Old May 7th 2005, 8:45 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks G, it is certainly a funny old game and all that. Still, main thing is that I'm a lot happier now than I have been in a while, so let's hope it continues.

How are you? Where are you?
Pleased for you B

Still in the UK and likely to be here a while longer I think. Visa sorted but in no rush. I am at my youngest son's place in Portsmouth at the moment (having a bit of a holiday).

Gone back to work for a while 'cos I was a bit bored.

Will go in a year or so.

Not on the site as much as our plans have changed and am a bit busy.

Good to hear from you.

I often wonder how you are

Talk again sometime maybe?

Best wishes

G
Old May 7th 2005, 9:01 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
Pleased for you B

Still in the UK and likely to be here a while longer I think. Visa sorted but in no rush. I am at my youngest son's place in Portsmouth at the moment (having a bit of a holiday).

Gone back to work for a while 'cos I was a bit bored.

Will go in a year or so.

Not on the site as much as our plans have changed and am a bit busy.

Good to hear from you.

I often wonder how you are

Talk again sometime maybe?

Best wishes

G
Bored? B o r e d?! I've yet to re-discover boredom after uttering those fateful words 'my life is so dull' two days before my mum got crook......

Definitely keep in touch - I'll PM my email address if that's easier.
Old May 7th 2005, 9:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Bored? B o r e d?! I've yet to re-discover boredom after uttering those fateful words 'my life is so dull' two days before my mum got crook......

Definitely keep in touch - I'll PM my email address if that's easier.
Bundy

That would be great

I miss our online exchange of smut

At least I know that you are OK even if your plans for Australia have changed.

I'll wait to hear from you.

G
Old May 7th 2005, 10:10 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

So, what have I been doing? Let's see...turning 28 (thanks for the birthday wishes), leaving my job (hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!), being offered a new job (running a programme for gifted and talented youth at Leeds Uni)

So, she's back at home now, awaiting lots of post-chemo test results. As usual, we know she doesn't have long, but she wants another summer at least, and wants to make it as far as my parents 35 wedding anniversary in October. Knowing her, she'll do it too.
Congrats on your post -- education of the GT is woefully underlooked. It is also a part of the IQ range that needs "special education" -- if you'd like PM me and I'd love to talk more.

looks like you got your fighting spirit from your mum.

Amy
Old May 7th 2005, 10:15 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Congrats on your post -- education of the GT is woefully underlooked. It is also a part of the IQ range that needs "special education" -- if you'd like PM me and I'd love to talk more.

looks like you got your fighting spirit from your mum.

Amy

Thanks Amy, I may well take you up on that offer. It's certainly an interesting area - I had to do a lot of research on it for my interview. I've been involved in continuing education recently, so this is something new. That said, I was technically classed as *gifted* at school (I know, I know, what went wrong?!) but I wouldn't have got anywhere without support and mentoring and a lot of scholarships. Nice to be able to assist in offering other people the same chances. I'll be working in conjunction with NAGTY (National Assoc for Gifted and Talented Youth) and also like the idea that they help kids from poorer backgrounds get into higher education.
Old May 7th 2005, 10:21 am
Lapine Member

Thanks Amy, I may well take you up on that offer. It's certainly an interesting area - I had to do a lot of research on it for my interview. I've been involved in continuing education recently, so this is something new. That said, I was technically classed as *gifted* at school (I know, I know, what went wrong?!) but I wouldn't have got anywhere without support and mentoring and a lot of scholarships. Nice to be able to assist in offering other people the same chances. I'll be working in conjunction with NAGTY (National Assoc for Gifted and Talented Youth) and also like the idea that they help kids from poorer backgrounds get into higher education.
I belong to a mailing list for the GT -- PM me and I'll give you details. The UK is woefully underrepresented -- loads of folks from the US, Canada, Oz and NZ.
Old May 10th 2005, 1:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

...Won't be living in Leeds, but out in a village which is just how I like it.
sounds like a good movie...and there is plenty of currie in leeds, so not all bad I guess
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:44 am
She's a bird, you know

The Crap is Back.

Hello people, I am now back online (evenings and weekends only at the moment, I'm afraid to say). So let the crap continue. I've been away for months....there must be some gossip by now (aside from the slating I was getting on the Oz forum).
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:28 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

The Crap is Back.
Hello people, I am now back online (evenings and weekends only at the moment, I'm afraid to say). So let the crap continue. I've been away for months....there must be some gossip by now (aside from the slating I was getting on the Oz forum).
Best to keep an eye on things Never what's going on when your back is turned Welcome back Bundy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.