Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:13 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Both of you have been going at it hammer and tongs, and in fairness Joe has had a lot of provocation from several people on this forum.

Joe, stand down, Brit, both of you need to shake hands like the gentlemen you are, and stop this foolish abuse against each other.

Come on guys.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:16 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
site is looping now.. damn dial up. apologies to Brit.

can someone let me know if it is gone?
Looks gone to me - not the whole post, just the really dubious part.

Guys, can we change the record? This particular fight is beginning to annoy the neighbours.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:16 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

It's edited Joe, thanks.
Would suggest you edit the poll too.

Easy to go a bit OTT after being in an extended battle but try to keep a lid on it.
It's usually an instant red card from the forum m8.
Cheers.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:18 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Covenant
Both of you have been going at it hammer and tongs, and in fairness Joe has had a lot of provocation from several people on this forum.

Joe, stand down, Brit, both of you need to shake hands like the gentlemen you are, and stop this foolish abuse against each other.

Come on guys.
i am cool with that.... has the post been edited?

I would like one thing from Brit. A pm and for us to talk that way and back down. And if i ever get to Texas I wanna know his favourite bar and buy him a beer....

The furthest south I have been is Missouri. And have always been curious about Texas to be honest. I have very very good friends in Boston and NYC.

Cool place and Cov. I think u may be the next Ray.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:21 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
It's edited Joe, thanks.

Easy to go a bit OTT after being in an extended battle but try to keep a lid on it.
Cheers.
You know, I really can't see the need for so much unpleasantness against other people, just because its on the internet, and theres no danger of people meeting face to face.

The other day, a poster made a few comments regarding the muslim in school thread, and he was atttacked from all sides. He made some valid points ( he also made a number of ignorant comments ), but it was like a pack of wolves all ganging up on one victim.

Human nature stinks.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:21 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
It's edited Joe, thanks.

Cheers.
i got no idea how to kill the poll. can i edit it?
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:26 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I really can't see the need for so much unpleasantness against other people, just because its on the internet, and theres no danger of people meeting face to face.

The other day, a poster made a few comments regarding the muslim in school thread, and he was atttacked from all sides. He made some valid points ( he also made a number of ignorant comments ), but it was like a pack of wolves all ganging up on one victim.

Human nature stinks.

Cov. you're a nicer person than I am. On that particular thread the poster in question made some totally unacceptable comments, betraying a totally unacceptable attitude, which had also come out on different threads in other forums. It made many people angry and they expressed that anger. I'm afraid I wish that society would do that more, not less. If one doesn't speak up against racist ignorance whereever it shows up, one is implying tolerance.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
i got no idea how to kill the poll. can i edit it?
I killed it....was a tad rude, would have been alright if u meant spears
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:28 am
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Bob
I killed it....was a tad rude, would have been alright if u meant spears
cheers...
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:33 am
The 5th Amendment

racism... too serious....

knock back and look into the lounge and check out my bar thread.....
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:34 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Are you suggesting I should leave my crap ?
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Cov. you're a nicer person than I am. On that particular thread the poster in question made some totally unacceptable comments, betraying a totally unacceptable attitude, which had also come out on different threads in other forums. It made many people angry and they expressed that anger. I'm afraid I wish that society would do that more, not less. If one doesn't speak up against racist ignorance whereever it shows up, one is implying tolerance.
LiW I have no beef against the stance you took, but that poster expressed a view held by many english people, rightly or wrongly simply to redicule the man without addressed his point of view with a clear counter argument in (which you did do, in fairness to you) was in poor taste.

Insults are easy to dish out, we can all do that, but the proper way to address a politically or racially biased view is to put forward a coherent and valid argument against that statement.

Last edited by Covenant; Sep 10th 2004 at 11:39 am.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm....turned out to be quite an interesting even then....
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:39 am
The 5th Amendment

LiW I have no beef against the stance you took, but that poster expressed a view held by many english people, rightly or wrongly simply to redicule the man without addressed his point of view with a clear counter argument in that the way you did, was in poor taste.

Insults are easy to dish out, we can all do that, but the proper way to address a politically or racially biased view is to put forward a coherent and valid argument against that statement.
i come from no race, creed or colour in this statement.

any person, male or female, can have their view from their own religion and beliefs as long as NOBODY gets hurt, maimed or killed.... i think we saw enuf of that in NYC today 3 years ago and also in Russia last week.

9/11 still upsets me alot and anyone can have their views as long as nobody gets hurt....

ok.. off the soapbox now...
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:40 am
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

LiW I have no beef against the stance you took, but that poster expressed a view held by many english people, rightly or wrongly simply to redicule the man without addressed his point of view with a clear counter argument in that the way you did, was in poor taste.

All the arguments were coherent and valid except most of his. He wouldn't stand still and argue any of the points he made. He just swung to and fro, making ludirous comments and then getting sarcastic when someone questioned their validity. Have you actually properly read his contribution?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.