Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Aug 29th 2004, 3:11 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
Won't have time????!!!!!!! To meet me??????? Everyone has time to meet me. Tell them I'll give them a guided tour of the town and get them into all the colleges for free.

Shall head off to read your other post....
I'll let them know!

Off to ring my dad now, his birthday,his birthday was friday, couldnt contact him friday, was away Sat, so better call now!
Old Aug 29th 2004, 3:14 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
I'll let them know!

Off to ring my dad now, his birthday,his birthday was friday, couldnt contact him friday, was away Sat, so better call now!
Yep, go call. It's my dad's birthday in a couple of weeks. Good old dads eh.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

BIX!

Nearly forgot!

Had a vegetarian cornish pasty Friday(from the bakery where I work).
Mairi said they usually have meat in them?

Anyway, it was very nice! (though, I eat everthing, spec if I'm hungry!)

But, what makes a pasty(ie) Cornish???
Simone,
A pasty without meat is like a Simone without a forum

This is a Cornish pasty - it was my lunch today.
Made by my dear wife of course
Attached Thumbnails Let's just cut the crap and have a good row-pasty.jpg  

Last edited by Bix; Aug 29th 2004 at 9:13 am.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:09 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Simone,

Looks like the Greeks pulled it off.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:17 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris
Its cos we are nothing without you Bix Mmmwwwwwah
Now you can stop that right now.
I am not used to flattery so it could be my achiles heel
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:19 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Don
Looks like the Greeks pulled it off.
They certainly did.

Once the games had started the lack of drama was noticeable by it's absence.
Damned good job done.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:19 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Simone,

Bixie, I like the other presentation better. You know the one of Da Boss' derriere?
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:28 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Yes, I think I do too
Attached Images  
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:28 am
Don
Banned

Originally Posted by Bix
They certainly did.

Once the games had started the lack of drama was noticeable by it's absence.
Damned good job done.
Don't think the roof (to keep the rain out) on the pool was needed, anyway, meself.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:31 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Yes, I think I do too
My aren't you the lucky one! Nice pasty
Old Aug 29th 2004, 3:07 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Simone,

Ahhh, it even looks different! The one I had was folded on top so to speak.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 8:08 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Squeezing the pastry together to join it is called crimping which becomes quite an art. My mum used to work for a baker and I remember watching her crimping hundereds of pasties at a time, fascinated at the speed and acuracy.

The crust that is formed upon cooking was what the miners used as a handle to eat the pasty avoiding touching the food with their dirty hands. So they ate it from side to side but today most people eat it from end to end.

A good way to eat a pasty is to put it lengthways in a paper bag and hold it in your hands.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:31 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Bix
Squeezing the pastry together to join it is called crimping which becomes quite an art. My mum used to work for a baker and I remember watching her crimping hundereds of pasties at a time, fascinated at the speed and acuracy.

The crust that is formed upon cooking was what the miners used as a handle to eat the pasty avoiding touching the food with their dirty hands. So they ate it from side to side but today most people eat it from end to end.

A good way to eat a pasty is to put it lengthways in a paper bag and hold it in your hands.
Interesting!
Yes, paper bag is easiest, that's what I do with sausage rolls etc too.

Found a pic of the pasty I had.
http://telematics.ex.ac.uk/realcornw...ages/pasty.jpg
Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:41 am
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

That picture is making me hungry.

Good job they haven't invented Smellyvision yet.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 5:54 am
Don
Banned

Interesting!
Yes, paper bag is easiest, that's what I do with sausage rolls etc too.

Found a pic of the pasty I had.
http://telematics.ex.ac.uk/realcornw...ages/pasty.jpg
I don't think dem Cornishmen stand much chance of getting a regional tag á la Parmai ham/ Champagne etc.

Loads of places make pasties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.