A League 2012/13

Old Aug 24th 2012, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default A League 2012/13

Can already tell it's going to be a great year for Melbourne Victory... Hence I started this thread

Approx 6 weeks to kick off and the big news apart from West Sydney Wanderers Shaningans. Is Kewell cap in hand knocked on the Stoke managers door begging for work... just in case he could beat the rumoured Michael Owen transfer rumours to the Punch..... Hard luck Harry... not even the Aus clubs would want you now, but you could always try Melbourne Heart as they've got the same stripey tops and your bound to get headlines like Kewell v Victory.

The most promising news albeit way off yet are the Tasmanian Friendly Crowds... 4K on Tuesday night in Hobart and 7K last night in Launceston for the Adelaide Utd v MV friendly 2-4 to Victory BTW.. Looks like the Taswegians have done their bid for a A league team a power of good.

If Victory do get the A's in G's this season, expect plenty of Football media coverage around the Country and far far bigger crowds in the A league this season.

Who knows this time this year MV could be in the top ten supported clubs in the Country of any code.

Cant wait for September to be over.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2012/13

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Can already tell it's going to be a great year for Melbourne Victory... Hence I started this thread

Approx 6 weeks to kick off and the big news apart from West Sydney Wanderers Shaningans. Is Kewell cap in hand knocked on the Stoke managers door begging for work... just in case he could beat the rumoured Michael Owen transfer rumours to the Punch..... Hard luck Harry... not even the Aus clubs would want you now, but you could always try Melbourne Heart as they've got the same stripey tops and your bound to get headlines like Kewell v Victory.

The most promising news albeit way off yet are the Tasmanian Friendly Crowds... 4K on Tuesday night in Hobart and 7K last night in Launceston for the Adelaide Utd v MV friendly 2-4 to Victory BTW.. Looks like the Taswegians have done their bid for a A league team a power of good.

If Victory do get the A's in G's this season, expect plenty of Football media coverage around the Country and far far bigger crowds in the A league this season.

Who knows this time this year MV could be in the top ten supported clubs in the Country of any code.

Cant wait for September to be over.
Might bet bigger crowds possibly but don't expect much on the media front, not positive anyway.

Not sure what it is like down in Vic but up here in NSW any chance to kick the boot in to football is taken with pleasure. If there is any negative football related story that will make the big headline with any positive news in a very small side section.

There used to be a saying here in Sydney during the dark old NSL days 'no one ****s soccer like 7' and it hasn't changed, apart from all the other networks join in.

Problem the other night was that some idiots who claimed to the linked to the Wanderers decided to throw a few punches and let off a few fireworks at a friendly. Really disappointing as the networks here don't need a reason to portray the game in a negative way, it was a free gift and they took full advantage.The Sydney media hate the game, the fans and the culture, it will always be a struggle in this city.

I will go along to the first game at Parra Stadium, but the negativity in Sydney about the game does grind you down after a while and you do end up wondering why you bother.

My Aussie Father in law thinks I am mad wanting to go to the 'wog ball'!

Last edited by Jon77; Aug 25th 2012 at 1:35 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
Might bet bigger crowds possibly but don't expect much on the media front, not positive anyway.

Not sure what it is like down in Vic but up here in NSW any chance to kick the boot in to football is taken with pleasure. If there is any negative football related story that will make the big headline with any positive news in a very small side section.

There used to be a saying here in Sydney during the dark old NSL days 'no one ****s soccer like 7' and it hasn't changed, apart from all the other networks join in.

Problem the other night was that some idiots who claimed to the linked to the Wanderers decided to throw a few punches and let off a few fireworks at a friendly. Really disappointing as the networks here don't need a reason to portray the game in a negative way, it was a free gift and they took full advantage.The Sydney media hate the game, the fans and the culture, it will always be a struggle in this city.

I will go along to the first game at Parra Stadium, but the negativity in Sydney about the game does grind you down after a while and you do end up wondering why you bother.

My Aussie Father in law thinks I am mad wanting to go to the 'wog ball'!
We've been through this in Melbourne and really taken it up to the media with protests at games and organised phone in's to radio stations. It's early days for you guys at the first grass roots club in Sydney...Take heart mate the media can be made to listen.. Where I live is probably soccer heartland in Australia.... Only Western Sydney can come close with it''s large Ethnic population that follows real football first, MV have managed to grab a decent percentage of these supporters across our Northern Suburbs. Even Adelaide Fans backed the MV protests against the media in it's negative portrayal and beat ups of any incident the media could get its claws into.

Here's some footage from 5 seasons ago, when MV fans started their protests against the media. Known as the Axis of Evil down here.... 3AW Channel 9 and the Sun newspaper.

You've just got to get organised thats all.... What the A league needs is two very big clubs and I reckon Western Sydney could provide the 2nd

Take heart mate in 3 municipalities down here MV are close to the best supported club of any Code... Darebin... Moreland and Hume. 80 pct of Melbournes 23K members would live in those regions. Everytime they play they are on TV in the pubs in these areas with plenty of people watching.

When you get organised just give it back to the barstewards as follows on the radio and anywhere else you can.

I've got better footage, but in my current state couldnt locate it.

We'll be up there in late November
Old Aug 25th 2012, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that

Really looking forward to the first proper WSW game at Parra Stadium though. It is a great stadium for it as it has the feel of a proper British football ground, fans will be really close to the action and a good atmosphere will be generated. The stadium is also close to the town centre for pre and post match drinks I hate those stadiums in the middle of nowhere.

Away fans are going to be dumped in a little corner Don't expect as a comfortable experience as you would get at Blingy plastic FC at Moor Park if you come here
Old Aug 27th 2012, 12:11 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

The article in this weekend's Age from that dumb b!tch Rebecca Wilson probably didn't help either.

This season will be very interesting. I don't think we will see the Mariners as prominent this year, especially if they do lose Ryan as expected. I also don't think the Glory or Phoenix will do as well either. For me, they got a lot of their success out of really ugly football last year that was the result of no distinguishable tactic. They also succeeded through lack of depth in the A-League, perfectly exampled by Sydney playing sh!t all season yet making the finals.

I predict Victory will be in the top three, however I think Ange will need more time with his squad before they are the well oiled machine he had us operating at. You guys also need a proper striker as Thompson is well passed it and I assume Ange will have Flores operating in the Broich role as provider.

I assume it will be a Roar, Sydney and Victory top three.

Not much has really changed with the Roar in the off-season. The only really downer was Adnan leaving, who will take some replacing. Other than that, we have strengthened the squad. Halloran and Do give us some really exciting attacking options. I predict Do will run rings around some of the opposition defences, he is seriously quick!!!
Old Aug 27th 2012, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

The media coverage of WSW has been pathetic. Having said that, the kids causing the trouble (as minor as it is) are just little scrotes who should be banned. Looking forward to venturing out to Parra to watch a few games.

Can't look past Brisbane to win it again. Hope Halloran gets gametime, I really rate him and think he could easily make it in at Championship level at least in UK.

What do you guys think of the appointment of Gallop? It'll be interesting to see how he gets on.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
The media coverage of WSW has been pathetic. Having said that, the kids causing the trouble (as minor as it is) are just little scrotes who should be banned. Looking forward to venturing out to Parra to watch a few games.

Can't look past Brisbane to win it again. Hope Halloran gets gametime, I really rate him and think he could easily make it in at Championship level at least in UK.

What do you guys think of the appointment of Gallop? It'll be interesting to see how he gets on.
Gallop isn't a great appointment. He seemed to have upset quite a few people in the boardrooms across the NRL. When they got the opportunity to stab him in the back they took it, he has the knack of rubbing peope, up the wrong way.

As for WSW I think we will probably just miss out on the finals, but hopefully a good solid first season.

Hope Bling FC crash and burn.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 5:56 am
Just Joined

estwing is an unknown quantity at this point

Be interesting to see if Ange is as good as he thinks or if he will regret turning his back on the roar. Brisbane to make it 3 in a row i think. Really looking forward to the roar v victory game at suncorp should be a cracker.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of getting a Roar membership tomorrow. I can add a season membership for the 7yo for just $50 for any class of seat so too good to say no.

Mostly because of ozzie's and broad shoulders posts that i'm doing this so thanks to you both for keeping us all up-to-date and part of it

...thinking Suncorp bay 340...
Old Aug 27th 2012, 8:43 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Thinking of getting a Roar membership tomorrow. I can add a season membership for the 7yo for just $50 for any class of seat so too good to say no.

Mostly because of ozzie's and broad shoulders posts that i'm doing this so thanks to you both for keeping us all up-to-date and part of it

...thinking Suncorp bay 340...
section 340 is great for the littlies because that is where the player's tunnel is. I assume Rado will instill the same culture as Ange who was adamant that players stick around after the game to have photos taken with the kids and sign stuff. They are very good with their time. Plus that is the exact section where they do all that, so that would be a good choice
Old Aug 27th 2012, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
section 340 is great for the littlies because that is where the player's tunnel is. I assume Rado will instill the same culture as Ange who was adamant that players stick around after the game to have photos taken with the kids and sign stuff. They are very good with their time. Plus that is the exact section where they do all that, so that would be a good choice
That's good to hear, he'll enjoy that...even better if the the players are dressed as Batman . I was told to request row x or higher to avoid the rain (x? - written down at work).

Do you know if the main of match award in the Paddington room after the game is worth doing? Members get access according to the booklet.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fish.01
That's good to hear, he'll enjoy that...even better if the the players are dressed as Batman . I was told to request row x or higher to avoid the rain (x? - written down at work).

Do you know if the main of match award in the Paddington room after the game is worth doing? Members get access according to the booklet.
The kids love those after match functions, we always took ours. The A league must have some kind of mandate which tells the players this is how to grow the game. It's great having one on one conversations with the players after the game and makes you feel really part of the club.

The A league really does have a lot going for it once you become a member. It's also how we've struck up some really good friendships with fellow supporters and now attend in quite a large group.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by estwing
Be interesting to see if Ange is as good as he thinks or if he will regret turning his back on the roar. Brisbane to make it 3 in a row i think. Really looking forward to the roar v victory game at suncorp should be a cracker.
I would love to see the grand final up in Brisbane. That would really capture this Countries imagination IMO There would be more travelling Victorians to Queensland than any other sporting event this country has had.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The kids love those after match functions, we always took ours. The A league must have some kind of mandate which tells the players this is how to grow the game. It's great having one on one conversations with the players after the game and makes you feel really part of the club.

The A league really does have a lot going for it once you become a member. It's also how we've struck up some really good friendships with fellow supporters and now attend in quite a large group.
Did you migrate from the family friendly section to the drunken crazy supporters section as your kids grew or does your group all go family friendly still ? Looking forward to watching The Den - from a distance
Old Aug 27th 2012, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would love to see the grand final up in Brisbane. That would really capture this Countries imagination IMO There would be more travelling Victorians to Queensland than any other sporting event this country has had.
I'm afraid if I sign up there will be no chance of that... There will be decades of talk about the 2 finals we made with form that was never repeated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.