A League 2012/13

Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2012/13

Originally Posted by Jon77
As someone who grew up on the terraces of Middlesbrough's Ayresome Park in the 1980's those scenes are disgraceful but no more than soft ***** messing around. If some of the guys that I used to see back in the old days at Ayresome turned up I would think 99.9% of the guys on the video would crap themselves and run.

Pretty sad however you look at it.
Used to enjoy the pleasant ambience of a trip to one of the North East Grounds when I lived back in the UK. I Even managed Scarborough.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Just received a round robin email addressed to all Melbourne Victory Members.... They've sold out the whole of the South and North ends for the whole season already. This is the first time they've managed to do this pre season. Looks like it's going to be a big one.

Looks like Kewell's departure has actually galvanised support.

Wonder how many of us have family memberships like myself where quite often the younger family members dont turn up.... Investment I call it, especially as family membership is the same price as two Adult tickets. I believe they have to close membership @ 27K as AAMI park only holds 33K and they need a percentage for away support and walk ups apparently.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 4th 2012 at 4:31 am.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

That is good stuff by the Victory fans.

Not able to get a season ticket for the Wanderers this season but will be getting to as many home games as possible and probably the away derby against the blue scum and might go up to Gosford.

My son is 4 and will be taking him to his first proper game this coming season, glad that there is a real club for him to support in Sydney now.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:31 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Just received a round robin email addressed to all Melbourne Victory Members.... They've sold out the whole of the South and North ends for the whole season already. This is the first time they've managed to do this pre season. Looks like it's going to be a big one.

Looks like Kewell's departure has actually galvanised support.

Wonder how many of us have family memberships like myself where quite often the younger family members dont turn up.... Investment I call it, especially as family membership is the same price as two Adult tickets. I believe they have to close membership @ 27K as AAMI park only holds 33K and they need a percentage for away support and walk ups apparently.
I reckon, if anything Flores' and Ange's arrival has had that effect. Just goes to show how little effect Kewell really did have
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I reckon, if anything Flores' and Ange's arrival has had that effect. Just goes to show how little effect Kewell really did have
This bloke could be better than Flores.

Guilherme Finkler, Brazilian... A very exciting player and looks really good so far.

Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:35 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

This bloke could be better than Flores.

Guilherme Finkler, Brazilian... A very exciting player and looks really good so far.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fBxneB_YvlI
Well Ange has a history of buying only players who have a point to prove, so I would imagine he will be good
Old Sep 5th 2012, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the Del Piero to Sydney move is almost complete....that is an absolutely massive signing, has to be the biggest name player to ever come over here. I'm very much looking forward to seeing him play in the flesh even if it is for my newly adopted teams rivals!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 3:52 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Looks like the Del Piero to Sydney move is almost complete....that is an absolutely massive signing, has to be the biggest name player to ever come over here. I'm very much looking forward to seeing him play in the flesh even if it is for my newly adopted teams rivals!
are you kidding? Didn't you realise that John Sutton signed for CCM last year????? You know, Chris Sutton's shitter brother
Old Sep 5th 2012, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
pfftttt he's an old man , 38 isn't he? Scum FC will get around 7 games out of him and around 35 mins on the pitch per match.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dwight York has probably been the most successful/effective big name import so far.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Well Ange has a history of buying only players who have a point to prove, so I would imagine he will be good
Gave me food for thought that one. Consequently I'm going for a long shot bet... Probably too long a shot, for Danny Allsop to be the leagues leading goal scorer this season. He has been prolific in these pre season matches. A lot of Victory fans are annoyed at him maintaining his spot in the First team... I've got faith in the guy though.

I'll get onto one of those betting agencies.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:45 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Gave me food for thought that one. Consequently I'm going for a long shot bet... Probably too long a shot, for Danny Allsop to be the leagues leading goal scorer this season. He has been prolific in these pre season matches. A lot of Victory fans are annoyed at him maintaining his spot in the First team... I've got faith in the guy though.

I'll get onto one of those betting agencies.
If Archie can put away even 10% of the chances he gets he will top the scorers charts. Especially with the extra supply he should get now
Old Sep 21st 2012, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Looks like Michael Ballack is set to sign for the Wanderers We could do with a name after Bling FC bought that Del whateverhisnameis.

Tickets also go on sale today, the derby at Parra stadium will be a sell out. God I would love it if we beat them.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jon77
Looks like Michael Ballack is set to sign for the Wanderers We could do with a name after Bling FC bought that Del whateverhisnameis.

Tickets also go on sale today, the derby at Parra stadium will be a sell out. God I would love it if we beat them.
Pops was really highly regarded at Palace, so will be interesting to see how he goes as a first time manager. I do know he was being considered at one stage to be brought into the Victory dressing room sagas of last season to counter the Muscat factor. So apparently he has a very strong personality.

Hope you do sell out. Could really be the kick along the A league needs.

As it's not going to get much aid from the National teams World cup stuff ups by the looks

Top 6 this year in no real order.

Perth
Brisbane
MVFC
Sydney FC
Newcastle
Adelaide.

Personally I would love to see the 2013 final in Brisbane v Victory, as the 3-5K travelling fans would be very hard for the media to ignore, and put on a fantastic spectacle for fence sitting European league lovers. Plus it would galvanise support in Melbourne as they love interstate rivarly down here, regardless of code. Would get great coverage that one.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 21st 2012 at 5:49 am.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pops was really highly regarded at Palace, so will be interesting to see how he goes as a first time manager. I do know he was being considered at one stage to be brought into the Victory dressing room sagas of last season to counter the Muscat factor. So apparently he has a very strong personality.

Hope you do sell out. Could really be the kick along the A league needs.

As it's not going to get much aid from the National teams World cup stuff ups by the looks

Top 6 this year in no real order.

Perth
Brisbane
MVFC
Sydney FC
Newcastle
Adelaide.

Personally I would love to see the 2013 final in Brisbane v Victory, as the 3-5K travelling fans would be very hard for the media to ignore, and put on a fantastic spectacle for fence sitting European league lovers. Plus it would galvanise support in Melbourne as they love interstate rivarly down here, regardless of code. Would get great coverage that one.
As much as I hate Sydney FC I think the game probably needs a Sydney FC V Melbourne grand final. Brisbane might have had one of the top sides of recent years but the real power and rivalry of football in Australia should be in Melbourne and Sydney.

Sports fans in Sydney are known for being a bit lazy when it comes to going and supporting teams. IF Sydney FC and in the longer term WSWFC really get going and become a force then Sydney is where it will be at. Sydney backs winners and would fill out the olympic stadium if there was quality and good investment. I could easily see a time in the future where by the championship is shared between Sydney FC and WSWFC for an extended period, I expect teams like Brisbane to go downhill in the next few years.

Is going to take 2 or 3 years for WSWFC to become competitive mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.