A League 2012/13

Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2012/13

Originally Posted by fish.01
Did you migrate from the family friendly section to the drunken crazy supporters section as your kids grew or does your group all go family friendly still ? Looking forward to watching The Den - from a distance
You can actually take your kids down the South End at MV... No flags, no bloke with a microphone dictating things and move around where you want. If it gets too hectic stand or plenty of seats (at Docklands at least) to the side. Having said that our kids.... youngest now getting on for 15, only come a couple of times a season. When he does come he moves aorund the ground with his mate catching up with other kids from his school or local area.

Re your finals comment... I thought that was just me. Although got to admit I've seen a couple of season wins with Victory.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

estwing is an unknown quantity at this point

We always sit in the den. Suncorp is a great stadium but on match days when only 12000 or so real fans turn up it can feel like your attending church.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 12:30 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

That's good to hear, he'll enjoy that...even better if the the players are dressed as Batman . I was told to request row x or higher to avoid the rain (x? - written down at work).

Do you know if the main of match award in the Paddington room after the game is worth doing? Members get access according to the booklet.
We would go to the Paddington Room most times. You have to hang around for about 45 mins after the game to see the players. I'm not sure we'll do it so much this year as the little one has already had his photo taken with all the players and got his shirt signed plus we have to train it back to Wooloowin then drive back to Redcliffe, which for a 7 year old means a 11pm bedtime. Last year you wouldn't have got more than about 100 people in there at any one time, so you do get close access to the players.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 12:32 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by estwing
We always sit in the den. Suncorp is a great stadium but on match days when only 12000 or so real fans turn up it can feel like your attending church.
The Den is pretty tame too. The chants are pretty lame really. Loved the atmosphere when FC Tokyo visited last year. Their fans were brilliant!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:32 am
I'm Old Gregg!

I was told to request row x or higher to avoid the rain (x? - written down at work).
By the way, this is not that important. If you get the seats out of the rain then great, but generally when it does rain, they open up the top tiers for us to all move under cover free of charge. Our tickets are in the unlicensed section (in the corner at the Milton Rd end), so not the best seats, but we always enjoy the "free upgrade" when it rains. For most of the season, the stadium is at best a quarter full so it is easy to roam.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
The Den is pretty tame too. The chants are pretty lame really. Loved the atmosphere when FC Tokyo visited last year. Their fans were brilliant!
Very much in two minds about embedding this next footage as I dont want to paint the A league in a bad light. However I can guarantee there was nothing tame about my last visit to Adelaide. Definitely in my top ten dodgy football supporting moments actually... and I've been around.

So a link insead of embedding is a half way deal. At least it shows how passionate people can be about football in this Country. Probably the dodgiest football fixture of any code in Aus.

Adelaide Away for Melbourne Victory. They only really get het up when MV are in town. Mostly it's safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm76Oft2tQs.

The whole of the 2nd half was like that. It just got worse and worse. @ the Adelaide Cricket ground with around 35K there. Half the ground seemed to be down there in the end.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 28th 2012 at 8:56 am.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:58 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Very much in two minds about embedding this next footage as I dont want to paint the A league in a bad light. However I can guarantee there was nothing tame about my last visit to Adelaide. Definitely in my top ten dodgy football supporting moments actually... and I've been around.

So a link insead of embedding is a half way deal. At least it shows how passionate people can be about football in this Country. Probably the dodgiest football fixture of any code in Aus.

Adelaide Away for Melbourne Victory. They only really get het up when MV are in town. Mostly it's safe.

The whole of the 2nd half was like that. It just got worse and worse. @ the Adelaide Cricket ground with around 35K there. Half the ground seemed to be down there in the end.
I meant the Den in Brisbane. They're all a bunch of nerds, whose idea of rioting is to cyber attack a corporate website
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, this is not that important. If you get the seats out of the rain then great, but generally when it does rain, they open up the top tiers for us to all move under cover free of charge. Our tickets are in the unlicensed section (in the corner at the Milton Rd end), so not the best seats, but we always enjoy the "free upgrade" when it rains. For most of the season, the stadium is at best a quarter full so it is easy to roam.
Was thinking with those corporate boxes behind us in platinum it might not be possible but if they open up the higher tiers shouldn't be a problem.

She directed me to the Broncos website to use their seat viewing page. You can click on a section to see what the view will be like:

http://www.broncos.com.au/seating-views
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I meant the Den in Brisbane. They're all a bunch of nerds, whose idea of rioting is to cyber attack a corporate website
From the number of IT people I know who follow the Roar I have been suspecting as much...good to hear, I prefer them to the skin head thugs even if they are quieter
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I always think of Adelaide and Melbourne as admirers and rivals in general for some reason...proximity, Adelaide mini Melbourne or something...any truth in it?
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We would go to the Paddington Room most times. You have to hang around for about 45 mins after the game to see the players. I'm not sure we'll do it so much this year as the little one has already had his photo taken with all the players and got his shirt signed plus we have to train it back to Wooloowin then drive back to Redcliffe, which for a 7 year old means a 11pm bedtime. Last year you wouldn't have got more than about 100 people in there at any one time, so you do get close access to the players.
You've probably checked this all out before but have you thought of parking somewhere like Terrace St in Paddington and walking down? (Access along Musgrave Rd and Enogerra Tce to avoid all the match traffic?)
Old Aug 28th 2012, 11:50 am
I'm Old Gregg!

You've probably checked this all out before but have you thought of parking somewhere like Terrace St in Paddington and walking down? (Access along Musgrave Rd and Enogerra Tce to avoid all the match traffic?)
How far would that be? I try not to make the little one (7)walk too far, especially that late at night. I assume it is outside the match day parking restriction zone?

Last edited by Broad Shoulders; Aug 28th 2012 at 11:53 am.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How far would that be? I try not to make the little one (7)walk too far, especially that late at night. I assume it is outside the match day parking restriction zone?
Google says around 17 mins though little legs maybe longer...straight up Given and Latrobe...yes, just past the end of the lang park traffic area where Enoggera Tce meets Latrobe.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I always think of Adelaide and Melbourne as admirers and rivals in general for some reason...proximity, Adelaide mini Melbourne or something...any truth in it?
I doubt if people from Adelaide would see it that way. I think they like to find reason for being in a sporting sense at least, in really hating anything to do with Melbourne. I think the rivarly has it's roots in AFL. I know that Melbourne AFL supporters dont go there very often.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who grew up on the terraces of Middlesbrough's Ayresome Park in the 1980's those scenes are disgraceful but no more than soft ***** messing around. If some of the guys that I used to see back in the old days at Ayresome turned up I would think 99.9% of the guys on the video would crap themselves and run.

Pretty sad however you look at it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.