A League 2012/13

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2012/13

Booked the WSW flight and accom just now. 4 flights already sold out, Accom in Parramatta getting scarce for the weekend of the 23/25 Nov.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

I got myself a season ticket after I went on the pre season game against Parramatta. Only a 1000 there but real football fans with a very European style atmosphere. I wish the stupid megaphone thing would disappear though. Looking forward to the season. We should get ourselves a British WSW supporters club going. A few pints in the leagues club before the game and a couple of away trips on the train up the coast sounds good.

Last edited by martin1978; Sep 23rd 2012 at 4:22 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin1978
I got myself a season ticket after I went on the pre season game against Parramatta. Only a 1000 there but real football fans with a very European style atmosphere. I wish the stupid megaphone thing would disappear though. Looking forward to the season. We should get ourselves a British WSW supporters club going. A few pints in the leagues club before the game and a couple of away trips on the train up the coast sounds good.
Lots of complaints about the bald bloke with the Megaphone, wallaping great flags, flares, and bleeding Ole's every 2 mins at MV in the early days. Hence the South End came into being... full of Anglos, Celts and Aussies....Although thats not to say there aren't plenty of Anglos and Aussies in the North End... or there aren't any Meditteraneans in the South End... Thing is, the South End is now larger than the the more regimented North.

You'll get there in otherwords
Old Sep 24th 2012, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Got tickets for the WSW games against Mariners and SFC. Looking forward to it, especially the derby
Old Sep 24th 2012, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Got tickets for the WSW games against Mariners and SFC. Looking forward to it, especially the derby

Hey Joe, what area of Parra Stadium did you get tickets in? I am torn between paying a bit more for down the sides of just going unreserved basic.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
Hey Joe, what area of Parra Stadium did you get tickets in? I am torn between paying a bit more for down the sides of just going unreserved basic.
Yeah I paid $25 to go in the side stands, but thats largely because I'm going with mixed groups to those games. When its just me and a couple of the lads we'll prob go behind the goal and get a bit rowdy
Old Sep 24th 2012, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

It will get very rowdy behind the pegs. More so than at the English games because they use flares and jump and down like maniacs. We are supposed to be in the upper tier on the East side.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

It will get very rowdy behind the pegs. More so than at the English games because they use flares and jump and down like maniacs. We are supposed to be in the upper tier on the East side.
errrmmmm, a few teenage kids and over grown kids with a few flares and jumping up and down lol

I think I am experienced enough in the terrace culture pre all seaters in England to look after myself in there somehow But I am probably a bit old for all that now.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

errrmmmm, a few teenage kids and over grown kids with a few flares and jumping up and down lol

I think I am experienced enough in the terrace culture pre all seaters in England to look after myself in there somehow But I am probably a bit old for all that now.
lol. These weren't just teenage kids. There were grown men there as well. And don't forget that people get shot here in Western Sydney football matches. There's still a couple of games in the NSW Premier league that have to be played behind closed doors. Which is why the A league started in the first place. :-) I grew up going on the Longside in Burnley so I also know the terrace culture. These guys are different somehow.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lol. These weren't just teenage kids. There were grown men there as well. And don't forget that people get shot here in Western Sydney football matches. There's still a couple of games in the NSW Premier league that have to be played behind closed doors. Which is why the A league started in the first place. :-) I grew up going on the Longside in Burnley so I also know the terrace culture. These guys are different somehow.
They generally are more aligned to the Ultra... Italian/Croatian/Greek style of support than UK..... Although Perth, Adelaide and Wellington are more UK style. Which is why there is the two distinct different styles now at MV, Get along amazingly well, which is just as well.
There can be issues at the away game at AAMI park (Swan st) v Melbourne Heart when the tradtional North End is overwhelmed with South Enders and the blokes with the megaphones get ignored by 60 pct of the crowd... Causes a bit of tension that one.

Great travelling support the Kiwis.

I found two really good examples of the differences.... Sydney FC has never been quite as European as the MV North End.

North End Style... check out the Ole's lol... and all eye's on the "Capo"

South End Style.... Typical UK.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 24th 2012 at 5:12 am.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I hope the Wanderers end is nothing like the Cove. I thought they were pretty cringeworthy when I watched a game in there. They are trying a bit too hard.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

On the game i went on the other week it was very like the cove. The worrying thing about the derby it's that the bonnyrigg fans(all Serbs) are going for Sydney fc and the Sydney united fans(all Croats) are going for WSW. It was always a worry that this would happen which is one of the reasons they had the 1 team 1 city policy for a while. Hopefully all the complete nutters will stay away.

Last edited by martin1978; Sep 24th 2012 at 6:31 am. Reason: stupid predictive text
Old Sep 24th 2012, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah there will undoubtably be a few dickheads out and about looking to cause a bit of trouble.

I look forward to the sunday telegraph being 'sickened' and 'disgusted' whilst pointing out that there is never any trouble at rugby league.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Haha yes. The old daily telegraph. There was apparently quite a few scuffles outside the ANZ after the bulldogs rabbits game on Saturday. Not one mention of it in the Sydney media. They're saving it all for when 2 schoolkids that arent even going to the game have a fight in Parramatta next week.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

3 days to kick off.... Time to upgrade my Foxtel to include sports.

There should be 40k at the first local derby game in Melbourne... not heard much advertising though. Has the advertising been on free to air. ?

I'm off work Friday night...

Schedule... wake up circa 12.30 pm after night shift.

2.00 pm... Start Continental Sausage sizzle and wait for football mates to arrive at our gaffe, sink a few..

4pm ish... Train into city for pre match drinks.... pray bladder holds out.

4.30 Drinks in CBD and catch up with more football mates.

6pm ish... Onto ground and start drinking at the Locker room and catch up with even more football mates.

7.25ish... Make way to the supposedly sold out South End.

7.45.... Kick off after a bloody long closed season.

Can't wait.....

Hope we put on a good show for you people watching at home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.