A League 2012/13

Old May 14th 2013, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2012/13

To be honest, I think the inter-code squabbling is pretty pathetic on all sides.

I'm no real fan of AFL but have been to a couple of games and its a decent enough day out. I see no reason why they can't all co-exist.

What Sheedy said about the West Sydney fan base was fundamentally correct, but he worded it terribly and there was a very nasty undertone.

Also - Foster is a idiot, a hypocrite and totally up his own arse.
Old May 14th 2013, 6:44 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

It is silly and childish, like the local press. Foster is a nob. Sheedy will make the GWS irrelevant.
Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
To be honest, I think the inter-code squabbling is pretty pathetic on all sides.

I'm no real fan of AFL but have been to a couple of games and its a decent enough day out. I see no reason why they can't all co-exist.

What Sheedy said about the West Sydney fan base was fundamentally correct, but he worded it terribly and there was a very nasty undertone.

Also - Foster is a idiot, a hypocrite and totally up his own arse.
Old May 14th 2013, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if Sheedy made these comments on purpose or not, he does have a track record of winding people up, apparently his utterings are par for the course in causing controversy at times he deems appropriate. He was definitely smiling when he made the comments. Time will tell I guess.

On the bright side, Can't wait for the season to start either... Mitch Nichols on board for Victory now, there's bound to be another signing or two... So bring it on
Old May 14th 2013, 8:13 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure it plays well with Mexican bogans. Not the way to make a marginal sport popular.
Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Not sure if Sheedy made these comments on purpose or not, he does have a track record of winding people up, apparently his utterings are par for the course in causing controversy at times he deems appropriate. He was definitely smiling when he made the comments. Time will tell I guess.

On the bright side, Can't wait for the season to start either... Mitch Nichols on board for Victory now, there's bound to be another signing or two... So bring it on
Old May 14th 2013, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
I am sure it plays well with Mexican bogans. Not the way to make a marginal sport popular.
I might quote that comment at work tonight
Old May 22nd 2013, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

The fixture list for next season is out and the stand out fixture is Melbourne Victory away on the 28th December!

This will also be the 3rd day of the Ashes test match! Go to the 3rd day and then straight to the football afterwards! Sounds very good to me, an all day sports / drinking fest!

Goping to have to start thinking about somewhere to stay! Accommodation will be limited an expensive!

But I expect a VERY good WSW following to this one.

We start up at Central Coast in round 1 and play East Sydney round 3 at their dump.

<edit>

The away MV fixture in Feb is one of the 'official' RBB tour games. I guess the December one might be too difficult / expensive for many, I am going to the Dec 28th one though.

Last edited by Jon77; May 22nd 2013 at 5:38 am.
Old May 22nd 2013, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jon77
The fixture list for next season is out and the stand out fixture is Melbourne Victory away on the 28th December!

This will also be the 3rd day of the Ashes test match! Go to the 3rd day and then straight to the football afterwards! Sounds very good to me, an all day sports / drinking fest!

Goping to have to start thinking about somewhere to stay! Accommodation will be limited an expensive!

But I expect a VERY good WSW following to this one.

We start up at Central Coast in round 1 and play East Sydney round 3 at their dump.

<edit>

The away MV fixture in Feb is one of the 'official' RBB tour games. I guess the December one might be too difficult / expensive for many, I am going to the Dec 28th one though.
CCM are out of the ACL so this should be a 2013/14 thread.... I'll fix it tomo

Or you can, or someone else.

MV fans not happy they have Heart as the first game as it's better to have anticipation for local derbys.

Merrick at Wellington along with Carlos Hernandez....

Best not go on holidays over xmas this year in that case re that 28th dec clash.
Old May 22nd 2013, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
CCM are out of the ACL so this should be a 2013/14 thread.... I'll fix it tomo

Or you can, or someone else.

MV fans not happy they have Heart as the first game as it's better to have anticipation for local derbys.

Merrick at Wellington along with Carlos Hernandez....

Best not go on holidays over xmas this year in that case re that 28th dec clash.
The cricket is in Melbourne. How can you do both?
Old May 22nd 2013, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
The cricket is in Melbourne. How can you do both?
Sorry just reread the post. Thought you were saying MV were playing away. Great for me. Have sports mad family over next xmas so that will be a good day out for them.