Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by mary1967
Well i've decided to unsubscribe from the August thread cause i'm sick of them having digs at anyone posting on 'their' thread from Nov/Dec , i mean, how bloody childish:curse:

To make matters worse, one of them is going to the meet up in Lancashire i was gonna go to, think i'll change my mind.......................Don't they realise that we'll all going through the same thing, that some of us have been applying for skill assessments etc long before they put their bloody applications in - and who's fault is it that they applied in August????
Are we. Don't think we were having a go at you just the system. We started applying for our skills assessment in march, ACS sent result to wrong address 3 times which resulted in us applying in August instead of July. Not really that bothered that 175's are getting their visa's first Yes we are all going through the same thing but us August lot have got the brunt of the wait times through no fault of our own also. I wasn't having a "dig at you" or being "childish" and didn't even know you were not a August applicant so can't blame that! Yes we are a bit pissed off and joke about the whining post September applicants, just like you are moaning about us. Doesn't mean you are not welcome in the thread. It's just a way of letting off steam at a tense time. Lots of things in life are unfair, my brother doesn't qualify for an OZ visa and you can bet your life he is whinging like mad about that to his friends. Come back Mary we will be nice from now on you whinging Pom
Oh I'm not pissed so don't worry I am still happy for the December visa grants
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough

For a bit of a laugh, I found this written by one of the South African Expats on the South African-Oz forum:

This whole thing with emigration stress is as follows :

- I used to be healthy until I went to the medical
- I did nothing wrong until I had to go for the police clearance...then I wondered??
- I used to be English until I had to write the IELTS
-I used to be qualified until I went for a skills assessment
- I used to be sane until I had to wait, AND WAIT!

And so we can carry on....
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

dhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by vlooi
For a bit of a laugh, I found this written by one of the South African Expats on the South African-Oz forum:

This whole thing with emigration stress is as follows :

- I used to be healthy until I went to the medical
- I did nothing wrong until I had to go for the police clearance...then I wondered??
- I used to be English until I had to write the IELTS
-I used to be qualified until I went for a skills assessment
- I used to be sane until I had to wait, AND WAIT!

And so we can carry on....
Hey you read my mind & post it in a very organise language. Thanks for that.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:42 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mary1967
Well i've decided to unsubscribe from the August thread cause i'm sick of them having digs at anyone posting on 'their' thread from Nov/Dec , i mean, how bloody childish:curse:

To make matters worse, one of them is going to the meet up in Lancashire i was gonna go to, think i'll change my mind.......................Don't they realise that we'll all going through the same thing, that some of us have been applying for skill assessments etc long before they put their bloody applications in - and who's fault is it that they applied in August????

Your Joking I don't fecken believe it thats not on at all I cant understand they way they go on at all we offer nothing but support as as you said we are all in this together we are all moving to another country in limbo land till visa and house sells same stress worry and they are just very bitter and jealous it seems :curse:

I cant blame you form feeling that way Mary we think your lovely so dont mind them

Fly away stubs of nails may be
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:50 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Do you notice the way they ignore you even if we are wishing them well or when i posted the link to fly away thread about the quota as they were worried about that as well .

is it a case of stay away and ignore the thread all together or say something in the nicest way so they realise they are causing a major rift and offending people

They will be all on their way as well soon some got their visas this morning

so what do you all think
let sleeping dogs lie or put the cat among the pigeons

Jesus must be my hormones
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by TMRE
Are we. Don't think we were having a go at you just the system. We started applying for our skills assessment in march, ACS sent result to wrong address 3 times which resulted in us applying in August instead of July. Not really that bothered that 175's are getting their visa's first Yes we are all going through the same thing but us August lot have got the brunt of the wait times through no fault of our own also. I wasn't having a "dig at you" or being "childish" and didn't even know you were not a August applicant so can't blame that! Yes we are a bit pissed off and joke about the whining post September applicants, just like you are moaning about us. Doesn't mean you are not welcome in the thread. It's just a way of letting off steam at a tense time. Lots of things in life are unfair, my brother doesn't qualify for an OZ visa and you can bet your life he is whinging like mad about that to his friends. Come back Mary we will be nice from now on you whinging Pom
Oh I'm not pissed so don't worry I am still happy for the December visa grants
fair play to you your right it is the system but I have read on the August thread were people are slagging off people on the other threads because they are worried about stuff along the lines of the cheek of them worrying they only applied in February or what ever month. we started the process ages ago as well we were going to apply in April last year but my DH was made redundant and was out of work so savings had to be used but when i was talking to agents and from research on here my understanding of the paper application is that it took a year if you were lucky may be 8 months !! and if any one from the August threads read through our thread you will see we are all rooting for you to get your visas as we know you are all waiting ages and we have not been waiting that long but we feel worried and stressed so we can sympathize with you all . Oh An Ild say we still all do hope you get your visa soon

Last edited by Baby75; Apr 8th 2008 at 7:19 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:52 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I agree it's really silly. Although I often chat to Gonnago on the WPHS and she's fine. I guess it is just the individual person. Ignore them hun - they are just bitter that they backed the wrong horse so to speak and went for Aug instead of Sept.
Think i'm feeling a bit sensitive at the moment

Originally Posted by TMRE
Are weDon't think we were having a go at you just the system. We started applying for our skills assessment in march, ACS sent result to wrong address 3 times which resulted in us applying in August instead of July. Not really that bothered that 175's are getting their visa's first Yes we are all going through the same thing but us August lot have got the brunt of the wait times through no fault of our own also. I wasn't having a "dig at you" or being "childish" and didn't even know you were not a August applicant so can't blame that! Yes we are a bit pissed off and joke about the whining post September applicants, just like you are moaning about us. Doesn't mean you are not welcome in the thread. It's just a way of letting off steam at a tense time. Lots of things in life are unfair, my brother doesn't qualify for an OZ visa and you can bet your life he is whinging like mad about that to his friends. Come back Mary we will be nice from now on you whingingOh I'm not pissed so don't worry I am still happy for the December visa grants
I've calmed down now Well it's nice to be wanted. To put the record straight, this is the first time EVER that i've 'moaned' about another thread and that was because i did take the comments personally (stupid of me), due to my signature stating 'December applicant' and reference being made about December 'peeps.' In fact, i don't think anyone on the threads that i usually post to have EVER moaned about the August thread, it's usually people saying how unfair it is for you guys and hoping you'll all get your visa's soon, even before us, cause that's only right. It's not all about getting the visa, although if we don't get that we're going nowhere! for some of us, even if we get the visa through, we may not be able to go until next year if the house doesn't sell.

Originally Posted by Baby75
Do you notice the way they ignore you even if we are wishing them well or when i posted the link to fly away thread about the quota as they were worried about that as well .

is it a case of stay away and ignore the thread all together or say something in the nicest way so they realise they are causing a major rift and offending people

They will be all on their way as well soon some got their visas this morning

so what do you all think
let sleeping dogs lie or put the cat among the pigeons

Jesus must be my hormones
I've started a war It's that baby bump for sure

fair play to you your right it is the system but I have read on the August thread were people are slagging off people on the other threads because they are worried about stuff along the lines of the cheek of them worrying they only applied in February or what ever month. we started the process ages ago as well we were going to apply in April last year but my DH was made redundant and was out of work so savings had to be used but when i was talking to agents and from research on here my understanding of the paper application is that it took a year if you were lucky may be 8 months !! and if any one from the August threads read through our thread you will see we are all rooting for you to get your visas as we know you are all waiting ages and we have not been waiting that long but we feel worried and stressed so we can sympathize with you all . Oh An Ild say we still all do hope you get your visa soon

Here, here
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

OK, hard hat on, check, knee pads on, check, elbow pads on, check. Is it safe to come in now???

Hope that is the end of the war between the months!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

3 Augustees have their visa today so far. 1 went straight to grant without a CO. Lets hope they get cracking on those and the whole process is freed up.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:56 pm

[QUOTE=mary1967;6181443]Think i'm feeling a bit sensitive at the moment

All ok now

I've calmed down now Well it's nice to be wanted. To put the record straight, this is the first time EVER that i've 'moaned' about another thread and that was because i did take the comments personally (stupid of me), due to my signature stating 'December applicant' and reference being made about December 'peeps.' In fact, i don't think anyone on the threads that i usually post to have EVER moaned about the August thread, it's usually people saying how unfair it is for you guys and hoping you'll all get your visa's soon, even before us, cause that's only right. It's not all about getting the visa, although if we don't get that we're going nowhere! for some of us, even if we get the visa through, we may not be able to go until next year if the house doesn't sell.

here here i agree

I've started a war It's that baby bump for sure

im good now promise

its great to see things moving can only mean good things for us
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:58 pm

OK, hard hat on, check, knee pads on, check, elbow pads on, check. Is it safe to come in now???

Hope that is the end of the war between the months!

ild say so they will all be happy now with visa grants great for them

and the rest of us
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

its great to see things moving can only mean good things for us
That's what I thought! I still don't understand why the DIAC didn't employ extra staff to deal with the August backlog though? They will be forever playing catch up from now on...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:04 pm

3 Augustees have their visa today so far. 1 went straight to grant without a CO. Lets hope they get cracking on those and the whole process is freed up.

I was just reading and thats great though it was only two but some one was saying that a march applicant rang to complain on the wait but they were told they have put on extra man power to clear August back log

That will benefit every one yeaaa!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:07 pm

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6181647]That's what I thought! I still don't understand why the DIAC didn't employ extra staff to deal with the August backlog though? They will be forever playing catch up from now on...[/QUOTE

we posted at the same time

but think they read your mind you only said that the other day

if we are very lucky April deffo May for Co

Mary you ok
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

we posted at the same time

but think they read your mind you only said that the other day

if we are very lucky April deffo May for Co

Mary you ok
LOL - what's happening with the quotes today??

Mary - I am just searching for suitable meeting places, will be back to you soon. Good job I said Sunday as DD has just had a party invite for the 17th!

I hope we get a CO in April!!! Doubt it, but I really hope s/he picks up the file and we go straight to grant, couldn't stand having a CO and then waiting another 2 months for them to make a decision.....

I hope the DIAC have been listening to my wise advice. I'm sure they do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.