Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:01 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by mary1967
Hi Claire,

82 pages Have we really gone on that much

Good luck with the viewing................we're in the same boat but we've only had it up for sale since February, it's all i think about at the moment, don't even check my status page on a daily basis anymore

I know, but i really think they're overpriced - hopefully other people will think the same. I'm ringing the EA up tomorrow and offering to pay the 5% deposit to see if it'll tempt anyone to view.

Have you thought of going to one of the meet-ups? If we can find somewhere to meet, me and Fly Away and anyone else brave enough to meet us, are hoping to get together on the 17th May, probably somewhere near the M5/M6. I'm also going to the Lancashire meet on the 14th June in Bolton. I think a few newbies are going, so we'll all be in the same boat (hiding in the car park!!).
Fly Away tells me you live in Billinge - we do small world or you could say village!!
Who you up with we've been with 2, 1 local and now 1 in Wigan.
I'd love to meet up bit of a scary thought but we're all in the sameboat. Where is it your going to in Oz - sorry you might have sais in an earlier thead but now they have rolled into 1!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:25 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by claireg
Fly Away tells me you live in Billinge - we do small world or you could say village!!
Who you up with we've been with 2, 1 local and now 1 in Wigan.
I'd love to meet up bit of a scary thought but we're all in the sameboat. Where is it your going to in Oz - sorry you might have sais in an earlier thead but now they have rolled into 1!!

Isn't it just We're with Central Estates...................they advised my OH not to accept an offer back in February, was £6,000 less, so 'we' rejected it hoping they'd come back with a better offer and they didn't:curse: We've since found out that the viewer's lost his buyer so it wouldn't have come to anything anyway, but still keep thinking, what if..................

Which agents have you used? I can't decide whether to try with another agent or stick with them

CE's have suggested we offer to pay the 5% deposit, which we've agreed to, so we're thinking of leaving it with them for a few weeks and see if it tempts anyone.

I'm really scared as well seriously, just have a look at the Lancashire meet up thread, there's a few of us who've not been before and it sounds like we'll be texting each other from the car park If i can go, anyone can!!!

We're hoping to go to Perth, what about you?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:37 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

Isn't it just We're with Central Estates...................they advised my OH not to accept an offer back in February, was £6,000 less, so 'we' rejected it hoping they'd come back with a better offer and they didn't:curse: We've since found out that the viewer's lost his buyer so it wouldn't have come to anything anyway, but still keep thinking, what if..................

Which agents have you used? I can't decide whether to try with another agent or stick with them

CE's have suggested we offer to pay the 5% deposit, which we've agreed to, so we're thinking of leaving it with them for a few weeks and see if it tempts anyone.

I'm really scared as well seriously, just have a look at the Lancashire meet up thread, there's a few of us who've not been before and it sounds like we'll be texting each other from the car park If i can go, anyone can!!!

We're hoping to go to Perth, what about you?

We had CE come around but i didnt like the lady! We were up with Borron Shaw never rang or kept us up to date now up with Regan & Hallworth Take it you live down Billinge? we live just off Upholland Rd just past Hare & Hounds

We're hoping for the Gold Coast area. Oh uncle lives in Perth has done for yrs.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:45 am

We had CE come around but i didnt like the lady! We were up with Borron Shaw never rang or kept us up to date now up with Regan & Hallworth Take it you live down Billinge? we live just off Upholland Rd just past Hare & Hounds

We're hoping for the Gold Coast area. Oh uncle lives in Perth has done for yrs.

I'm begining to agree with you about CE. How long have you been up with Regan & Hallworth? I've never really thought about them, probably because they're mainly a wigan agent and we're closer to St. Helens

We live just off Birchley Road, near St. Mary's primary - My daughers friend just lives up the road from the Hare & Hounds, so i'm familiar with the area.

Why don't you brave it with me and go to the Lancashire meet? If you want, we could always meet up at the Hare & Hounds beforehand? break us in gently

Baby75 is off to Brisbane, I'm Perth, Fly Away's Adelaide, Basty is Perth............the list goes on and on
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

I'm begining to agree with you about CE. How long have you been up with Regan & Hallworth? I've never really thought about them, probably because they're mainly a wigan agent and we're closer to St. Helens

We live just off Birchley Road, near St. Mary's primary - My daughers friend just lives up the road from the Hare & Hounds, so i'm familiar with the area.

Why don't you brave it with me and go to the Lancashire meet? If you want, we could always meet up at the Hare & Hounds beforehand? break us in gently

Baby75 is off to Brisbane, I'm Perth, Fly Away's Adelaide, Basty is Perth............the list goes on and on
Hi Mary - are you rounding up us Wigan girls, see you've found another Wigan lass?(hiya Clareg). Mary's right you should come to the meet up. I've never been either but nothing ventured nothing gained. Would be great to see you.

Caroline
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:55 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah it took me a few hours, but its sunday and it was raining!

It's not a bad place to live but would rather be in Oz - would'nt we all!

Hi Claire welcome to the thread of fun
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:58 am
Claireg

Yeah know it well my daughter goes to St Mary's she's in Yr 1 5 going on 15

We've been up with R&H since Jan had 2 viewer including the ones tomorrow - i think EA are all the same promise you the world and dont deliver!

I'll check out the Lancashire meet thread tommorrow i work some nights so depending when it is - i'll let you know!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:58 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Girls,

You have been busy today

great Idea fly away user names thats a great I idea Ill be on the job bright and early

hope their is loads tomorrow and this week we should see a good jump in the processing dates on Tuesday I HOPE!!

Right im off to bed so tired see you all tomorrow
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:23 pm

Good morning

well so far Dizzydame (Augustthread) daughter has gotten her visa this morning
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hi Mary - are you rounding up us Wigan girls, see you've found another Wigan lass?(hiya Clareg). Mary's right you should come to the meet up. I've never been either but nothing ventured nothing gained. Would be great to see you.

Caroline
I'm working on it!!!

Yeah know it well my daughter goes to St Mary's she's in Yr 1 5 going on 15

We've been up with R&H since Jan had 2 viewer including the ones tomorrow - i think EA are all the same promise you the world and dont deliver!
I'll check out the Lancashire meet thread tommorrow i work some nights so depending when it is - i'll let you know!
Good luck tomorrow Claire - ask them if they've got any mates who want to buy mine

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hi Girls,

You have been busy today

great Idea fly away user names thats a great I idea Ill be on the job bright and early

hope their is loads tomorrow and this week we should see a good jump in the processing dates on Tuesday I HOPE!!

Right im off to bed so tired see you all tomorrow
Knew we could rely on you!

Good morning

well so far Dizzydame (Augustthread) daughter has gotten her visa this morning
Another one!!!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Good news that the grants are still coming!!

So,

Week commencing 7.4.08 - 13 grants, (1 July, 9 August, 2 October, 1 November.) This may be incomplete.

Week Commencing 14.4.08 1 grant;

DizzyDame - August

Just heard, got another viewing on my house this week - 2 in one week, that's unheard of!!! Obviously slashing the price has generated interest - now just need a buyer......
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

Good news that the grants are still coming!!

So,

Week commencing 7.4.08 - 13 grants, (1 July, 9 August, 2 October, 1 November.) This may be incomplete.

Week Commencing 14.4.08 1 grant;

DizzyDame - August

Just heard, got another viewing on my house this week - 2 in one week, that's unheard of!!! Obviously slashing the price has generated interest - now just need a buyer......
Good luck with the viewing on my knees again

Just had a look at the march
and nigelb got a co today RSMS ( paper app) today
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the viewing on my knees again

Just had a look at the march
and nigelb got a co today RSMS ( paper app) today
Hi again Baby,

I need you on your knees!! I have to clean my house now though - I hate doing it... doesn't stay clean or tidy due to DD and OH.:curse:

I saw that too - not sure if we were counting those as they aren't in the queue infront of us.

I'm still waiting for another big rush - come on DIAC do some more!!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi again Baby,

I need you on your knees!! I have to clean my house now though - I hate doing it... doesn't stay clean or tidy due to DD and OH.:curse:

I saw that too - not sure if we were counting those as they aren't in the queue infront of us.

I'm still waiting for another big rush - come on DIAC do some more!!!

I know how you feel ild constantly be cleaning with my lot 3 boys and one hubby the cleanest is my two year old

what kind of visa is that they are applying for

glad for them but boo hoo wish it was us
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know how you feel ild constantly be cleaning with my lot 3 boys and one hubby the cleanest is my two year old

what kind of visa is that they are applying for

glad for them but boo hoo wish it was us
Trouble is, I've given up the constant cleaning - just run round like a looney when someone is viewing. As we had 3 months without a viewer, it made no sense and drove me mad to keep it in viewing condition all the time.

The RSMS is the PR version of the 457 - they are granted in a few weeks. Not even sure if they have the same staff assessing them as the employer has to be vetted too.

Still, at least we have a lot more security and freedom to find whatever employment we want. Even if we have to wait so much longer....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.