Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by claireg
Had to ring the EA today, i'm going to take all these calls i make to them off my final bill!!!
A bit of good news but not getting to excited just yet - they are looking at another house on Friday but really likes ours so Thursday night i'm going round to throw paint on the windows!! (Joke honest!) So fingers crossed we'll hear somthing on Saturday if not its back to the waiting game we are all playing.
Fingers crossed Claire -sounds promising. At least you have some hope now.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:00 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I'll swop you a stroppy 8 year old for a stroppy 15 year old. What's yours been up to?

Let's hope we are right and they just underestimate in case they cause problems for themselves.
Just giving me loads of lip........................doesn't even slam the door anymore and she's too big to put her on the naughtly step or frog march her to her room

We were going to do the same if the visa hadn't come through as my husband's contract ends at the end of July, but the house hasn't sold... That's why I'd looked into it. Even now we might go in September as there is no point my OH sitting over here without a job.

I am so jealous that you two can just jet off.....
That makes two of us.....................

Originally Posted by Beccie
Evening All
Only one visa today then? I just read someone on the October thread has been granted one so is that 2 now?

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Feeling pants today but had a phone call from my friend who moved out to Melbourne In January and is absolutlely loving it. The whole family have settled in really well at jobs and school and they have booked a camping trip over Christmas It's going to be very strange getting my head round the seasons being opposite. The good thing is though, that all three of my boys were born in the winter here so out there we'll be able to have a birthday party in the garden for once!! Bring it on
That's the same for my youngest, can't wait to celebrate it in the sun

Originally Posted by claireg
Had to ring the EA today, i'm going to take all these calls i make to them off my final bill!!! A bit of good news but not getting to excited just yet - they are looking at another house on Friday but really likes ours so Thursday night i'm going round to throw paint on the windows (Joke honest!) So fingers crossed we'll hear somthing on Saturday if not its back to the waiting game we are all playing.
Fingers crossed Claire, keep us posted. (It's not mine they're viewing, honest) I'm hoping that the 5% deposit thing will work and we might get a viewer next week. We've decided to give the EA 2 weeks to come up with someone, if not, we'll give notice and switch.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary1967
Just giving me loads of lip........................doesn't even slam the door anymore and she's too big to put her on the naughtly step or frog march her to her room

LOL, mine won't go to bed and when she's in bed she won't stay in bed and then she won't get up in the morning.:curse: She also rolls her eyes and tells me not to embarrass her!

That's the same for my youngest, can't wait to celebrate it in the sun

All our birthdays are between December and January - so we have lovely summer holiday birthdays to look forward to.

Fingers crossed Claire, keep us posted. (It's not mine they're viewing, honest) I'm hoping that the 5% deposit thing will work and we might get a viewer next week. We've decided to give the EA 2 weeks to come up with someone, if not, we'll give notice and switch.
Fingers crossed it works for you Mary. God we are all desperate. Our viewer increased their offer today by £20K but it is still very wide of the mark. Don't know if we should take it or not if the market is going to get worse.... or maybe it will pick up and we will kick ourselves... anyone got a crystal ball???
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:05 am

Fingers crossed it works for you Mary. God we are all desperate. Our viewer increased their offer today by £20K but it is still very wide of the mark. Don't know if we should take it or not if the market is going to get worse.... or maybe it will pick up and we will kick ourselves... anyone got a crystal ball???

Really feel for you Nicola, hell of a decision...............you've already reduced so much. Still think they're taking the p*ss, wish i had a cyrstal ball for you. What about the corporate let option?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:15 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

I think they are chancing their arm , lie tell them some one knocked on your door and offered more don't know if that would work but isn't it an estate agents job to get the best price for your house

if the EA doesn't do the job and you get some one new don't tell them you are leaving the country
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Really feel for you Nicola, hell of a decision...............you've already reduced so much. Still think they're taking the p*ss, wish i had a cyrstal ball for you. What about the corporate let option?
Originally Posted by Baby75
I think they are chancing their arm , lie tell them some one knocked on your door and offered more don't know if that would work but isn't it an estate agents job to get the best price for your house

if the EA doesn't do the job and you get some one new don't tell them you are leaving the country
Don't know what to do really. We have 2 more viewings this week - so are waiting for those to happen. EA reckons it is a good offer!! Funny it is £160K less than their valuation of 6 weeks ago! Just scared the market will go tits up and we will be trapped here. Our visa is not like yours - we have to be there in the next 8 months.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:31 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Don't know what to do really. We have 2 more viewings this week - so are waiting for those to happen. EA reckons it is a good offer!! Funny it is £160K less than their valuation of 6 weeks ago! Just scared the market will go tits up and we will be trapped here. Our visa is not like yours - we have to be there in the next 8 months.
Stupid EA ild wait for the other two viewings and then make a choice on what you want to do pet keep you chin up
hard I know but remember my poor ol knees ( hope that gets a smile)

I think you will be there in the next 8 months actually well before that as ild say the thoughts of waiting that long would kill you

oh Sarah n Andy got a co today on the August thread

Last edited by Baby75; Apr 15th 2008 at 9:33 am.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:37 am

Our EA told us £6,000 less was a bad offer:curse:

I'd wait for the other 2 viewings, don't forget, a few weeks ago you weren't getting any viewers, now that you've reduced and said offers over, you're getting more, you may just get someone decent who won't take the p*ss. Maybe if you get nowhere with the 2 viewers this week, you could go back to the EA and tell them you'll accept if they increase by another 20K - see if you can haggle......................

Somehow i don't think what we've agreed to will work, i think we're probably looking at reducing by about 15/20K to sell it, but can you imagine my OH agreeing to that
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:38 am

Stupid EA ild wait for the other two viewings and then make a choice on what you want to do pet keep you chin up

I think you will be there in the next 8 months actually well before that as ild say the thoughts of waiting that long would kill you

You need to check out the December thread, there's a bottle of wine in it for the winner
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:45 am

You need to check out the December thread, there's a bottle of wine in it for the winner
oh were is it the thread that is i can never find it
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Stupid EA ild wait for the other two viewings and then make a choice on what you want to do pet keep you chin up :t

I need you down on them all weekend!!! Pray for a miracle!

You're right there. I hope I bloomin like it after all this!

Great!!

Our EA told us £6,000 less was a bad offer:

I'd kill for that offer!

I'd wait for the other 2 viewings, don't forget, a few weeks ago you weren't getting any viewers, now that you've reduced and said offers over, you're getting more, you may just get someone decent who won't take the p*ss. Maybe if you get nowhere with the 2 viewers this week, you could go back to the EA and tell them you'll accept if they increase by another 20K - see if you can haggle......................

We'll see what happens and maybe try that. I might have had a nervous breakdown by Monday...

Somehow i don't think what we've agreed to will work, i think we're probably looking at reducing by about 15/20K to sell it, but can you imagine my OH agreeing to that
Speak to the EA and ask what the bottom line is - what price will sell. Your OH might listen to that - espeically if the 5% doesn't work.

Poor Baby can't drink!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:13 am

Poor Baby can't drink!![/QUOTE]

the joys of pregnancy I don't mind im going to have a nice glass of champers when i have this baby to celebrate visa move and of course my new baby
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:55 pm

Great!!

Speak to the EA and ask what the bottom line is - what price will sell. Your OH might listen to that - espeically if the 5% doesn't work.

Poor Baby can't drink!!

Good idea re: the EA, although i think i'd be asking the new one we swap to what price they think is bottom line.

Baby75, I keep forgetting, they could always change it to chocolates but i think i'm gonna win
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:56 pm

oh were is it the thread that is i can never find it

Try this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...8&goto=newpost
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:16 pm

markandgill got a co this morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.