Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by mary1967
I'm thinking of enrolling my OH in the army
Good idea! Might be quicker than this Skilled visa malarky...
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beccie
Well done and Hastings isn't flat is it (those hills) you must be "well fit"
Congratulations
hi Beccie don't know about fit !! shame it was so wet,
had medicals tues in Dover really nice doctor and v reasonible (i think)poor Ellie had great fun with her bottle (never realised it could be made to look that awkward!!) and oh had to have a lay down after the bloods suppose it's better than fainting!! poor bloke.
got to wait 2 weeks for them to send on and i forgot to get a receipt so they are going to send mr one 000ps
are you in rental yet?

Last edited by karensoutherden; Mar 18th 2008 at 10:59 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Hi All,

Millie CONGRATULATIONS on getting your visa

We've moved yipeeeeeee god glad thats over nightmare, house is lovely looking over the harbour be brill in the summer 150 yards to beach .

On dial up connection BT messed up my order I requested it 2 weeks ago its a nightmare sooooooooo slowwwwwwww so won't be up and running until week tomorrow.

Any news on med's flyaway I've not checked our status page but will let you know if anything has changed.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

We've moved yipeeeeeee god glad thats over nightmare, house is lovely looking over the harbour be brill in the summer 150 yards to beach .

On dial up connection BT messed up my order I requested it 2 weeks ago its a nightmare sooooooooo slowwwwwwww so won't be up and running until week tomorrow.

Any news on med's flyaway I've not checked our status page but will let you know if anything has changed.
Hi Beccie,

Glad to hear the move went well and the new rental is lovely. Have to admit I am very jealous...

No news on my meds. Signed for on the 13th March. But of course it is Easter weekend, so we won't get any more news until Tuesday... Not expecting anything until the 3 week mark at the earliest...

How will you manage without broadband???
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Nattyocean is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: January 08 Applicants

Hi all,

Great news!!

VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!!!! My OH got the email from our case officer on tuesday pm UK time, so it was the best 6am phone call to wake up to on wednesday morning!!!! So finally can be together again- hes hopefully flying out to Oz in 4 weeks!!!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! It is so worth the wait!

Cheers Natty
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:24 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Well done Beccie, another thing off the list!! I'm sure the beach in Oz is much better in the summer, don't get too settled where you are
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Nattyocean
Hi all,

Great news!!

VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!!!! My OH got the email from our case officer on tuesday pm UK time, so it was the best 6am phone call to wake up to on wednesday morning!!!! So finally can be together again- hes hopefully flying out to Oz in 4 weeks!!!!

Cheers Natty

What fantastic news Really pleased for you!

How come you're in OZ and OH's here? Sorry for being nosy but it's something i'm thinking of if we can't sell the house (nothing to do with his house selling performance Fly Away!!!)
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Nattyocean is an unknown quantity at this point

What fantastic news Really pleased for you!

How come you're in OZ and OH's here? Sorry for being nosy but it's something i'm thinking of if we can't sell the house (nothing to do with his house selling performance Fly Away!!!)
Cheers Mary- it is fantastic isn't it!

And the reason I am here and OH is in UK still is we met whilst I was in the UK on a working holiday visa and I had to come home for my lil sis's wedding and work (only had 7 months leave granted) so OH came over to Oz to meet the family and check the place out as he had never been here!

And then went home to UK for the applicant period! So as you can imagine the phone bills are getting very expensive. Has been a very long 5 months and I am sure the next month is going to drag as well but not to worry you just roll with it!

Being apart has its moments of being really draining, but you do what you have to do to get through it in regards to the outcome you are both striving towards. Keeping very regular contact has been a godsend.

Cheers Natty
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:52 pm

Cheers Mary- it is fantastic isn't it!

And the reason I am here and OH is in UK still is we met whilst I was in the UK on a working holiday visa and I had to come home for my lil sis's wedding and work (only had 7 months leave granted) so OH came over to Oz to meet the family and check the place out as he had never been here!

And then went home to UK for the applicant period! So as you can imagine the phone bills are getting very expensive. Has been a very long 5 months and I am sure the next month is going to drag as well but not to worry you just roll with it!

Being apart has its moments of being really draining, but you do what you have to do to get through it in regards to the outcome you are both striving towards. Keeping very regular contact has been a godsend.

Cheers Natty

That's so romantic and yes, amazing news for you both!!!

I can just about remember how i felt all those years ago when i first met my OH
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:58 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

so am i right in thinking every thing will come to a stand still over easter oh the waiting . ill have to remember to check here regularly im not getting emails to say thier has been a post

so congrats on the visa Millie wish it was us
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi all,

Great news!!

Cheers Natty
CONGRATULATIONS!! ANOTHER JANUARYITE GETS THEIR VISA!

So romantic -

it's something i'm thinking of if we can't sell the house (nothing to do with his house selling performance Fly Away!!!)
PMSL - I did wonder if it was punishment.

I can just about remember how i felt all those years ago when i first met my OH
Try really hard to remember, poor soul..... he's having a hard time.

Originally Posted by Baby75
so am i right in thinking every thing will come to a stand still over easter oh the waiting . ill have to remember to check here regularly im not getting emails to say thier has been a post

so congrats on the visa Millie wish it was us
Hi Baby, I'm still getting my BE notifications.

Bloomin bank holiday - sent to annoy us.

http://www.atn.com.au/info/holidays.html
Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:40 am

I've finally forgiven him, turned my anger on the EA instead:curse:
Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've finally forgiven him, turned my anger on the EA instead:curse:
LOL, they deserve it!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good idea! Might be quicker than this Skilled visa malarky...
Has it's bad side as well - OH will be off on a 6 wk course in oct/nov. No break from the kids for me............ Actually - I don't really mind - absence makes the heart grow fonder
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Great news!!

Cheers Natty
Great news - congratulations Not long to the big reunion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.