Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by alexa7
that is so funny! i told mine and he said he doesn't think it'll help! all men think alike...what would they do without us))
I know. Mine left all the research and all the form filling for the visa to me. The ONLY thing he did was scan the documents. You would think I was asking him to perform brain surgery, he made out like scanning 2 pages and uploading them was a HUGE job and it wasn't necessary. Just because he is too lazy to do it. You should have seen the performance we had with his skills assessment. In the end I wrote it for him....
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:56 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6149027]I think Mary means she is going to leave her OH behind as she is fed up with him!!!

ah man do i feel silly at least i can blame the pregnancy hormones

Well, we applied 10 Jan and I'm hoping for the visa at the end of May! That's only 8 weeks away!!! The October onliners are getting theirs now!

oh exciting one of the Novembers got their's yesterday

Last edited by Baby75; Apr 2nd 2008 at 7:19 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:53 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone read the following post and made sense of it?

HELLO EVERYONE READ SOMEWHERE ON HERE TODAY THAT SOMEONE HAS BEEN TOLD THEY ARE AT THE END OF THE VISA GRANTS FOR THIS YEAR (GIVEN ENOUGH OUT) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW YEAR KICKS IN FOR THEM.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

alexa7 will become famous soon enoughalexa7 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mary1967

HELLO EVERYONE READ SOMEWHERE ON HERE TODAY THAT SOMEONE HAS BEEN TOLD THEY ARE AT THE END OF THE VISA GRANTS FOR THIS YEAR (GIVEN ENOUGH OUT) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW YEAR KICKS IN FOR THEM.

that can't be true otherwise there wouldn't be statistics about growing number of immigrants... It'd be the same all years....
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75

ah man do i feel silly at least i can blame the pregnancy hormones

LOL, I had seen Mary's posts about her OH......
oh exciting one of the Novembers got their's yesterday
I hadn't seen that - good news!!! I really want the CO just to pick up our file and say YES, they have provided everything - here's the visa!!!

Originally Posted by alexa7
that can't be true otherwise there wouldn't be statistics about growing number of immigrants... It'd be the same all years....
Panic not, some visas - like the parental contributory visa DO have quotas, they stop issuing when the quota is full. They do carry on processing the applications though, so come July, (the start of the financial year in Oz) they issue a whole heap who have been approved and are just waiting.

There is no quota on the skilled visas!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:22 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Mary I hope they aren't as far as I know its September I only think that as if they are making any changes its always September

Thats a bit of a worry though

ah Ive just read flyaway post what a relief
an agent on the one of the other thread I think August told one girl it was taking so long to get her visa because they were nearly at their quota now why would she say that as far as i know they are 175 but paper fob off may be !!

Last edited by Baby75; Apr 2nd 2008 at 9:27 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Mary I hope they aren't as far as I know its September I only think that as if they are making any changes its always September

an agent on the one of the other thread I think August told one girl it was taking so long to get her visa because they were nearly at their quota now why would she say that as far as i know they are 175 but paper fob off may be !!
The reason the August applicants are having to wait so long is lack of staff. Each CO has a QUOTA of applications ie 20. If there are only ie 100 CO's that means only 2000 can be active at any one time. Most COs are working on the backlog but obviously some are working on other visas. Maybe that's what the agent meant - the CO's have their quotas of backlog applicants and can't process any more??? It's mad, the DIAC create this situation and then don't deploy extra staff to deal with it.... I suppose it's the same as any other Gove dept....

We are headed for Adelaide - I really want a job in the DIAC so I know what is going on!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:44 pm

here some positive news for us they have increased Visa's for skilled migration

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2008-...iday-visas.htm
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I hadn't seen that - good news!!! I really want the CO just to pick up our file and say YES, they have provided everything - here's the visa!!!

Panic not, some visas - like the parental contributory visa DO have quotas, they stop issuing when the quota is full. They do carry on processing the applications though, so come July, (the start of the financial year in Oz) they issue a whole heap who have been approved and are just waiting.

There is no quota on the skilled visas!
Thank god for that!!!!

Knew i could rely on Fly Away, that woman knows everything!!!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:35 am

Just had a quick look, sounds good
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's good! They want us!

Thank god for that!!!!

Knew i could rely on Fly Away, that woman knows everything!!!!!
Well, I usually know everything, polishes nails.... I'm sure I'd know if there were quotas because I have been BE over a year, (Used to have another login - long story) and I read all the immigration stuff even if it's not anything to do with me... But you never know... That was a disclaimer BTW.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

[QUOTE=Baby75;6147888][QUOTE=jimandkate;6147453]

Thanks Kate
were abouts are you heading to

I think a lot of people do it just have to make sure that you let co know so they know were to send the visa stamp
cant wait to go and ne in limbo land with our life's on hold till you know for sure and if the worst happens doubt it Ill have a great holiday

Now see thats what happened to me my friend had a baby and i was loving holding him and what do you know about 6 weeks later I'm pregnant but we are delighted always wanted 4
Hi we are heading to perth Thats a good way to look at it hope we all hear soon
i emailed LCU and got an email back anyone recieved an email from lcu saying MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECIEVED AND ASSESSED if you have any more enquires contact yor CO
What does it mean are thy finalised or what is there a problem doc said they were all fine no problems im so confused HELP Kate
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:32 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vlooi
Funny enough I started doubting this Perth move the last few days and is back on the "Melbourne-wagon"... I am after the UK weather!
But the relocation subsidy will be so welcome after all of these expenses!
Second choice is Adelaide. You are sure going to travel to see all the family! Why did you decide on Brisbane?
Looked at the sea temperatures - and Brisbane looked about right - we really are looking for warm weather for as much of the year as possible!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:38 am

[QUOTE=jimandkate;6153994][QUOTE=Baby75;6147888]
Originally Posted by jimandkate

Hi we are heading to perth Thats a good way to look at it hope we all hear soon
i emailed LCU and got an email back anyone recieved an email from lcu saying MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECIEVED AND ASSESSED if you have any more enquires contact yor CO
What does it mean are thy finalised or what is there a problem doc said they were all fine no problems im so confused HELP Kate

Sounds positive, have you checked your on-line status page to see if they've changed to finalised?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

[QUOTE=mary1967;6154404][QUOTE=jimandkate;6153994]

Sounds positive, have you checked your on-line status page to see if they've changed to finalised?
Hi mary 1967 yes tried that still saying everything is required just want to make sure that I am checking right I just go onto online application put TRN number in and passport details and then check from there .thats right isnt it? sometimes I feel that I am going totaly thanks Kate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.