Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I get this email every Wednesday, but in 2 weeks they moved from the 23rd of July to the 26th! ... Mine went in on the 21st of Aug so 2 days fwd per 2 weeks = lots of weeks! ...

The person I spoke to today told me they had heaps more 'on-line' applications (mine) and that's why paper based are moving quicker.

Her ETA to the Case Officer as I say is another 4 - 6 months. I have a friend who applied last April and I've just found out she's only recently got it!

But Paul, that is the worst date they are working on. It doesn't mean that all their application are that date, they may be waiting for someone to have an x-ray or something and that person may be pregant so is holding it up. Everyone else they are working on could be mid August.

I estimate 6 weeks tops.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Oh crikey Paul. Can you not go to the bank and talk things over with a financial advisor? Maybe you could agree an overdraft or something. Or even the CAB might be able to point you in the right direction.

Take no notice of what anyone says about there being 'doom and gloom' on the site, that's life I'm afraid and, if they can't accept that expats can encounter big problems along the way, then they shouldn't be emigrating. Anyway, the title is warning enough to anyone who might be affected by this.

I knew school fees weren't cheap if you didn't have PR, but crikey, there must be cheaper fee paying schools than that!
I don't want / like to borrow as it after all has to be paid back!

This is for State Schooling - $8,000 per year and THANKFULLY my daughter is now working or it would be X2.

Originally Posted by debsy
Paul
With your hairdressing skills - could you not do some mobile hairdressing - I am sure there are loads of ladies on the GC who could do with the hair cutting and their roots doing?
I Have thought about it, but I think my confidence levels are so low I'm not going there now.

Originally Posted by Wendy
But Paul, that is the worst date they are working on. It doesn't mean that all their application are that date, they may be waiting for someone to have an x-ray or something and that person may be pregant so is holding it up. Everyone else they are working on could be mid August.

I estimate 6 weeks tops.
We'll see I spose.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:11 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy

I estimate 6 weeks tops.
You tell him girl.....

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:12 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the PM paul
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:13 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

No doubt I'm gonna get a bashing for this from all the do-gooders BUT..........

Paul, do you really need to air every single item of your dirty washing in public??????

FFS - am I alone in feeling like this? Some things are sacred you know!

Personally, I would never tell all and sundry about my life, as you do. Does it not bother you what people think?

As for borrowing money off of a poster and then telling the whole forum about it - c'mon man, have some decorum!

I dunno...................
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:19 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want / like to borrow as it after all has to be paid back!

This is for State Schooling - $8,000 per year and THANKFULLY my daughter is now working or it would be X2.

I Have thought about it, but I think my confidence levels are so low I'm not going there now.

We'll see I spose.
But isn't it better to have all your debt in one place? I've heard financial advisers say that all the time on tv.

Heavens above, that is expensive. $8000.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer

Paul, do you really need to air every single item of your dirty washing in public??????

Personally, I would never tell all and sundry about my life, as you do. Does it not bother you what people think?

As for borrowing money off of a poster and then telling the whole forum about it - c'mon man, have some decorum!

Fluffy
People have different emotions and feelings. Some people feel more comfortable in confiding in strangers than people they know.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:41 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Fluffy.
we are not all the same mate.
some people find it easy to put their feelinging on here. to you it might seem strange, but someone might come up with an idea for him to get through this.
each to there own mate.
some might find it strange that you would want to post against someone who is just not feeling himself right now. they might ask what good can come of it

i for one wouldnt post or read the thread if i didnt agree with what it was about. maybe not the best choice of words from me, but im shattered lol
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

FFS ! talk about kick a man when he is down :curse: I really dont think that post was called for.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:50 pm
'In limboland'

I'm not getting at you, but you obviously have no idea of what it's like to suffer from depression and, as Soapy has said, we are all different. If you have issues with Paul and what he's posting, surely the nicest thing to do would be to PM him. You have no idea how this is now going to make him feel. Bad move mate.

Originally Posted by debsy
Fluffy
People have different emotions and feelings. Some people feel more comfortable in confiding in strangers than people they know.
How true that is.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Fluffy, I don't feel I'm a do gooder but when someone is down and has precious few true mates around them in a relatively strange country, I would die sooner than ignore them.

Paul is obviously someone who is comfortable to talk about his problems in public and that is nothing to be ashamed of. Dirty washing? Is that what you consider depression to be? Please, when someone is admitting to how they are feeling and how tough things are, do not come on here and say something that is not going to boost him somehow. If you don't like what he's posted, and the title is a major give away to how he is feeling, don't enter the thread. I sincerely hope you are never in such a situation, but, were you to find yourself like that, that you were able to find the help you needed easily because it's obviously not easy.

Decorum? Perhaps you could show some to your fellow man.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:01 pm
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry Fluffy, I don't feel I'm a do gooder but when someone is down and has precious few true mates around them in a relatively strange country, I would die sooner than ignore them.

Paul is obviously someone who is comfortable to talk about his problems in public and that is nothing to be ashamed of. Dirty washing? Is that what you consider depression to be? Please, when someone is admitting to how they are feeling and how tough things are, do not come on here and say something that is not going to boost him somehow. If you don't like what he's posted, and the title is a major give away to how he is feeling, don't enter the thread. I sincerely hope you are never in such a situation, but, were you to find yourself like that, that you were able to find the help you needed easily because it's obviously not easy.

Decorum? Perhaps you could show some to your fellow man.
Here, here Pen. I'd like to know where Paul was lacking in decorum myself. He's been nothing but polite and he's certainly very sociable. Maybe if there were afew more of his ilk on the site, there would be less petty arguing going on.

If by Paul posting how he feels can help him keep his head together, then so be it. If it embarrasses anyone, then keep out of this thread. How about showing a bit of compassion towards someone who is up his neck in shite.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:05 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you just feel the love.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope not, you're entitled to your opinion. I've said before, I'm an open book, and if I feel I want to air my problems here, I guess I have the right to do so.

The 'ignore' feature is there for a reason ...

I'm open, but NOT that open.

FFS - am I alone in feeling like this?

Prob not, but I guess others have chose to use the ignore feature.

Not really. I've had bundles of advice and support from people here. Some that reply, some that pm, some that only give thru a karma msg, but ALL of it helps me to get through all of this. Unfortunately PR hasn't been handed to me on a plate. Ok, MY decision I know, but a lending ear always helps.

Yeah no arguement there, only that I've not named them.

What can I say! ...

You prob have more of an idea than me.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:16 pm
'In limboland'

You prob have more of an idea than me.
Ignore him Paul and keep posting if it helps.

Originally Posted by sel
Try telling that to the thousands of people who would like to be able to get off them then ??? Alot of people are hooked due to not being able to take the effects of coming off them, so get put back on them and end up "needing" them !!! .... so tell me how it differs from being addicted to lets say heroin ??? and they called that an addiction or sorry should we polish it up a bit and call it "withdrawal syndrome".

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/...on-warning.htm

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/...on-warning.htm

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/...-Addictive.htm
All those links are very old.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.