Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Wikiposts

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

no advice to give

I can share that you are not alone in having depression or having had it...

sometimes when you are seriously depressed you feel nothing and then when those antidepressant start to kick in you come up a bit from feeling nothing and actually feel again .... and then you think you feel worse... because instead of feeling nothing you feel it all...

big hug
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Good luck with the meds Paul. I hope your GP has also recommended you to a psychologist as well - CBT or ACT are really good for helping you through the black days and supplement the meds. I second the suggestion others have made though- cuddles are very good medicine and help to fight those dragons. Self medication (no matter how good the vintage) is not a great idea at times like these.

As for the workplace bullying - sadly increasingly commong from what I can gather and both DH and I have been victims but in the fortunate position of being able to quit and move on. Does your employer have an EAP you can have confidential chats with? Maybe they could do something to help.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Pual

Just sending my regards and hope you feel better soon. Like all have said if anyone deserves it, you do.

I wont forget when we were propping the bar up at our first meet, you like many others are an inspiration.

Stick at it!

Mick
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:04 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all
Smile Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Title says it all.

Been on anti D's for 8 days now as advised by my GP (PLEASE KICK IN!!!). I'm getting bullied at work (prob main cause of it all), PR is taking ****ing ages (application went in OVER 6 months ago and STILL heard nowt!!!), oh just ****ing fed up with it all! ... I want to go home (UK).

Nic says with me 'the grass is always greener' ... and I spose it is, but it's a bloody frail burnt out piece of crap now and I want the firm, healthy, well fed strand of grass now, you know, the one that grows in Blighty!

Oh I'm just soooo ****ed off with it all now!

Nic and the kids are happy, settled etc ... but I'm just all over the place now and currently feel I can't take no more! ...

We've come here with good intentions. We've blown ALL of our money on getting PR here, I've studied and worked in a field I knew I'd NEVER further just so we can get PR here, yet for the last 20 mins I've been locked away in the toilet crying to myself!

Can it get any better than this? ... I ****ing hope so or I'm I'm outta here!

We're due to go up the Brissie river tomorrow in the boat. I just hope I'm not found hanging from a rope 6 foot under it!

I hate my life!

Sorry ... :curse:
so sorry you feel bad, it's hard starting a new life, but i promise it does get better, my eldest daughter went to perth and wanted to come home badly but after the first year was out the way, (she has been there 4 year's now) she said no way would she come back now, the grass is greener, well if cats and dogs dont p*** or s***, on it but belive me it never stops raining here thats why its greener, Gray sky's all the time, No summer last year, you go the shops and they are all Grumpy,( my youngest daughter has just got her visa and is hoping to move to oz this August, we hope to get there next year,) my daughter applyed July last year, when did you apply and was it from inside Australia, your work mates should be ashamed:curse: remember not all people are as nasty as them W****** when your in work picture them with no cloth's on they wont look like Bullies naked they may make you sick though, Good Luck to you and your family, keep in touch remember your as good if not better thsn those galah'sx
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:49 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok to update.

Woke with the sore head as usual ... ... but have just been reading thru posts, pm's and karma msg's and just want to say a MASSIVE thank you for your kind words ...

As I say I know only too well about these tabs and have been on them before so know it's just a matter of time ... I'm gonna make an appointment to see a councillor Nic see recently as he's VERY good. I'll chase up the Psychiatrist visits with the GP on Monday too. Oh and keep away from the booze as I know only too well it's a temp fix, but unfortunately have grown up with parents who both drink a lot and I guess this is a learn't behavior! ...

Workwise I've decided to go collect my tools on Monday as no matter how desperate we are for money (story of our lives!! ... ), it's just not worth it trying to persevere with this company as I'll be just banging my head on the wall. I'll look for another job on Monday and have a possible role to look into but it'll be quite a few dollars less ph, but it will still be money! Long term once we hopefully get PR I think I'll have to stop trying to learn a trade the hard way and go do an apprenticeship, but can't do one till a PR here. More crap money but long term should be ok.

I DON'T wanna go back to the UK, but I DO have security of earning decent money there, and unfortunately money does make the world go round! ...

Onwards and up eh! ...
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Paul, I've had no direct conversations with you before, but dear Christ I feel for you on this one. My parents have had a massive history with depression from circumstances they have found themselves in and the one thing I do know is that when one person is being strong for both eventually it catches up with them.

You will get through this, I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but you WILL get through it. From other posts of yours that I've have seen you come across as a pretty remarkable person (actually you both do!). You've gone through a major life changing move which is bound to have an effect on you, and if you're working in a field that you don't want to be in that will have a major impact (sorry, don't know if you just studied it or are currently working in it as well). When you combine that with the work issue you have with bullying as well its a recipe for disaster and the sooner you can change that the better it will be for you, even if its a case of changing where you work rather than what you do as well. We spend so much time at work that if we're unhappy in our work it impacts on the rest of our lives enormously.

Wish I could help, but feel for you greatly.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:08 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I think if work is affecting you that much you're making the right decision to pick up your tools Paul. I hope that's made you feel a bit lighter at the thought

You'll get sorted, I have complete faith that you will
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:12 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with clippy just seen your update and am so sorry you are going through this.

Take care mate
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

I've just finished reading your post, god you are having rough time mate, I dont know what to say to help you with your situation, all I can offer you is wishing all best of luck, & hope your PR would come very soon, hang in there it wont long.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry to hear how things are for you. Did you know that you are entitled to 6 free sessions with a psychologist if you have been assessed and diagnosed with depression from your GP? It may help to talk with a professional and someone who is not close to your situation to help with solutions. Best wishes to you.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've only just seen this Mate.

Please don't give up now. You are the poster I most admire on here and you maybe won't remember but when we met I was gobsmacked at your plans to give everything up in the UK and come here on a student visa. And believe me I thought you had amazing get up and go to do it.

You've been a brilliant support to me and you know I've been where you are regarding depression.

I think you an absolute inspiration to people on this forum so stay strong. Easier said than done I know but you can do it.

Love to you and the family xx
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:18 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
As I say I know only too well about these tabs and have been on them before so know it's just a matter of time ... Oh and keep away from the booze as I know only too well it's a temp fix, but unfortunately have grown up with parents who both drink a lot and I guess this is a learn't behavior! ...
Sounds silly, but why are you drinking? If it's nerves then do understand that most anti-depressants can cause anxiety big-time. Your body usually sorts that out within the first few weeks, but as others have said, this time can be hell.

Drinking is also expensive!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:56 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,

I just read your post and to be honest, I was really worried. Having read all the other replies and your replies I'm not anymore. Pfew, hang in there mate, you're worth it!!! I can't give you any other advice as other posters have already given you good advice. I know it's hard to feel 'that your not the strong one anymore'..but you still are strong, it takes a strong guy to admit to himself that there's something wrong and an even stronger man to do something about it. And that's exactly what you are doing at the moment!

Miranda xxx
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,

Just read your most recent post, glad to hear that you you have decided to quit your job and go the counsellor. Both are excellent decisions and I'm sure they will both help you enormously.

As others have said, you are an inspiration to us all and we are all here to support you - we all understand why you are feeling like this and admire you for admitting it and trying to do something about it.

Wishing you all the luck in the world - can't wish you courage because you already have that in bucket loads.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Paul, just wanted to wish you well. 'Black clouds' are horrible so hope some sunshine breaks through for you soon!!

Cheers
Mandy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.