Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:36 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

oh shit#! .. pm's are goin on the wonk let alone replies! ...

WBG from me, too pished and WILL make a right ole fool of mysefl ...lol

thank you .,..

Pink Floyd - Echoes in the headphones ... one of me favs ...

Thanks.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:38 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

thank you .,..

Thanks.
Wicked tune mate Music is a tonic, keep listening.

Don't worry about the pm's, everyone will understand you not answering

Kath x
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:38 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Paul you've gone through so much to get this far. You are a fighter. At the end of the day you are only human and sometimes the mind can be broken too so taking the tabs may help once they kick in. At the end of the day, that's a temporary measure and you need to face up to the root cause which sounds like it's your job?

Can you confide in someone at work to gain support? Maybe HR? Sometimes it helps to talk to someone and seek advice from another persons perspective. It would be better still to address the bullying however I know how hard that is, it seems it's common and very difficult to report as most businesses here are not sure how to handle it themselves, regardless as to their policies.

Apart from the tablets, it might be best for you to start working out what to do re the job. Maybe start planning to look for other work, or consider working for yourself? Either way, you deserve better than working for a bully. Give yourself a break and start looking after your own interests. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - so don't let a bully take away who or what you are. You may be a target, but don't be a victim cos they'll win

Chin up and good luck Paul. Your time will come mate
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:39 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

thank you .,..

Thanks.

Hey, being inundated with Lurve is no bad thing!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:42 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clippy
Wicked tune mate Music is a tonic, keep listening.

Don't worry about the pm's, everyone will understand you not answering

Kath x
I hope so.

Curfrently feeling soooo crap. so much good advicve yet i can't even reply and just wanna go listen to me music!

Nic went off to bed earlier to watch a film as I'm hardly company at the mo ,...
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:44 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so.

Curfrently feeling soooo crap. so much good advicve yet i can't even reply and just wanna go listen to me music!

Nic went off to bed earlier to watch a film as I'm hardly company at the mo ,...
Just stay away from any Keane that cripples me when I'm feeling good!

Don't worry about the replies, seriously.

Don't worry about anything, chill, relax, stick your favourite tunes on and get lost in the music for a bit
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippy
Just stay away from any Keane that cripples me when I'm feeling good!

I love Keane, but totally agree with that

Nicky
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:06 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

If I could get Liquorland to deliver I'd get some wine brought round. Bloody stupid aussie companies don't even do a delivery service.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
I love Keane, but totally agree with that

Nicky
Yup, I love them too, can't listen to them though if I'm feeling remotely downhearted.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:09 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Paul - what the f@&* are you doing up at this time of night?

You should be snuggled up in bed with your lovely wife, who absolutely adores you, wrapped up in her arms & knowing that NO MATTER WHAT you are safe & loved.

When you're getting a hard time emotionally at work & feeling that life is against you, it's completely normal to want to get back to the familiar places you know in the UK, because that is where you remember happy times & being safe. There's no need to beat yourself up over that, you're not letting anyone down by feeling this way - it's your brain being an arse

Right - the technical bit - the anti-depressants will help you feel better in a few days, people are right, they can take 2-3 weeks to start working. The other technical bit (which you won't like) I'm afraid the worst thing you can do when you're feeling down is to drink alcohol, so you do need to cut down. It's one of those things where yes, it has a temporary effect that it makes you feel better, but the long term effect is that it has chemicals in it that do depress your mood, & the effects can last for days. It's why you feel better when you have a drink, the temporary high cuts out the low created by the alcohol. Sorry about that chap, but they's the facts. It's nothing to do with interactions with other medication, it's completely about how alcohol works - bugger, I know, but no booze

Enjoy your day tomorrow, I've read back through your posts & God knows you deserve a great day out & probably a lot more, but stick in there Paul, your lucky break will come. I'm not sure of your position with PR, probably no-one does, not even at Immigration, so don't worry about that, you can't control it so why bother?

Change what you can control - your job, your drinking, make the most of every day with your wonderful family who I know are 100% behind you every step of the way & believe that very soon, things will change for you.

Now bugger off to bed & get that cuddle - you need each other right now

Last edited by JenniGee; Feb 29th 2008 at 10:12 am.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hey buddy.
It's 29th Feb. A leap year.
This crap day is nearly over and won't be repeated for another 4 years.

You've been an inspiration to many posters on here.
I for one thought you had no ******g chance of succeeding in your endeavours.....just hoped you would.

Yet you have achieved nearly everything you set out to do.

I remember watching the London Marathon and the admiration I had for those who were all but doubled up with pain almost crawling to the finishing line.

You remind me of them so crawl ya basaard.
Your finishing line is close.
Inspire me some more
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Hey buddy.
It's 29th Feb. A leap year.
This crap day is nearly over and won't be repeated for another 4 years.

I for one thought you had no ******g chance of succeeding in your endeavours.....just hoped you would.

Yet you have achieved nearly everything you set out to do.

I remember watching the London Marathon and the admiration I had for those who were all but doubled up with pain almost crawling to the finishing line.

You remind me of them so crawl ya basaard.
Your finishing line is close.
Inspire me some more
You're a wise old Lion Bix, you say the best things
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:39 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Been on anti D's for 8 days now as advised by my GP (PLEASE KICK IN!!!). I'm getting bullied at work (prob main cause of it all)
Hi mate. I was on the pills and it took a good three or four weeks before I reached any sort of plateau. In fact, those first two weeks were probably the worst of my life - have never felt so ropey in all my life. So stick with it.

That said. No job's worth that amount of anguish. Haven't been keeping up with your job situation, but there must surely be an alternative to a job that's driving you doolaley?

Originally Posted by saveme
You inspired me to check the notes referring to the anti-D I'm on (Citalopram) although I closed my eyes when I came to the bit about abstaining from alcohol
That's the one I was on - and I sure as hell didn't abstain from alcohol at any point . Citalopram is a synthetic neural reuptaker - as such it's non-addictive and alcohol consumption shouldn't affect it. That said, alcohol is a depressant ...

Originally Posted by Bix
I'd echo that.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:54 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Hi mate. I was on the pills and it took a good three or four weeks before I reached any sort of plateau. In fact, those first two weeks were probably the worst of my life - have never felt so ropey in all my life. So stick with it.

That said. No job's worth that amount of anguish. Haven't been keeping up with your job situation, but there must surely be an alternative to a job that's driving you doolaley?

That's the one I was on - and I sure as hell didn't abstain from alcohol at any point . Citalopram is a synthetic neural reuptaker - as such it's non-addictive and alcohol consumption shouldn't affect it. That said, alcohol is a depressant ...

I'd echo that.
paul, just wanted to say, a while ago (a good few years ago!!), i was prescribed happy pills (i never wanted to be on them), and i was mortified they were prozac and they made me feel like a hamster was crawling through my inside - not good. after about 6 weeks i went back to docs and they changed them. they made me feel better, and after some months/nearly a year, i gradually came off them. i recognise the signs now, and you know what, st john wort works better for me.

i was so aniti happy pills, but when you need them, you need them. i dont like taking tablets, like you i am a strong person. but i did, and they worked. st johns wort do the trick for me now, and i dont feel so bad about taking them as they are 'natural'.

i think a lot of people on here have already said they have had problems and needed a little help. your time here has been very tough, and we have all read your great inspirational stories about going back to earn some dosh. many many people on this forum have wobbled a wee bit since arriving in australia, including me. you are not on your own. it's hard trying to get another job when you need the money so much (i am in the same boat), but your own health is more important.

take care hun, smile every now and again, and one day you will find your smiles happen more than your frowns.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:00 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Title says it all.

Been on anti D's for 8 days now as advised by my GP (PLEASE KICK IN!!!). I'm getting bullied at work (prob main cause of it all), PR is taking ****ing ages (application went in OVER 6 months ago and STILL heard nowt!!!), oh just ****ing fed up with it all! ... I want to go home (UK).

Nic says with me 'the grass is always greener' ... and I spose it is, but it's a bloody frail burnt out piece of crap now and I want the firm, healthy, well fed strand of grass now, you know, the one that grows in Blighty!

Oh I'm just soooo ****ed off with it all now!

Nic and the kids are happy, settled etc ... but I'm just all over the place now and currently feel I can't take no more! ...

We've come here with good intentions. We've blown ALL of our money on getting PR here, I've studied and worked in a field I knew I'd NEVER further just so we can get PR here, yet for the last 20 mins I've been locked away in the toilet crying to myself!

Can it get any better than this? ... I ****ing hope so or I'm I'm outta here!

We're due to go up the Brissie river tomorrow in the boat. I just hope I'm not found hanging from a rope 6 foot under it!

I hate my life!

Sorry ... :curse:
That's shit mate. Never give up hope though. You NEVER know what will happen tomorrow. If you keep heading in the right direction in your life, then things will eventually come good. I guarantee it.

There are positive steps to be taken and you seeing your doctor about it is a great start. Being on the anti-depressants can only be a good thing right now. Look at Counselling too. CBT Counselling I believe can work wonders. It's not like back in the UK where you get 6 sessions with an NHS counsellor then "off yer pop sunshine, you're cured now". You go as long as you can or need to. Look at these links and try taking some more positive action:

http://www.qca.asn.au/find/
http://education.qld.gov.au/health/p.../ass-info1.pdf

Give yourself some credit Paul. You moved to the other side of the world. Not everyone has an easy time of it. Some struggle for the first few years. Talk to a Counsellor and tell them what you want out of life. Tell them how you want to feel then the two of you can take steps to head in that direction.

Good luck dude!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.