Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I'm not goin on my PC much at the mo () ... but just want to a massive thanks again for your words and concerns. I've got a stack of pm's that I need to reply to but haven't so just want to apologize ...

Yeah I'm REALLY hoping the move will help, but to be honest the more I think about it I don't know. I WILL be away from the main 2 that have been giving me a hard time, but only by 20 metres or so, I'm still gonna be around them, but the main thing is I'll be working under another guy who from what I've seen is ok. He's an older guy and seems to just get on with his work and isn't part of the 'clique' who to be honest are a horrible lot.

Time will tell I spose, but not holding much hope really. Prob the frame of mind I'm in maybe, but will know on Monday I spose and if it goes ok then, I should be ok.

I told the Foreman that I REALLY enjoy cabinet making, and I do! ... so I really want it to work.

Time will tell as I say.

Thanks again.
Best of luck Paul, hope all turns out well for you. In relation to your work, usually from my experience the atmosphere or ambience of a place comes from those in charge, Which equates to the place running like an extension of their character. Accepting that fact equates to two choices, Either getting out, or documenting the bullying... times and dates etc and what occurred and presenting the facts to the appropriate authorities, which could result in compensation.

Is there a union at your workplace, because an anonymous call to their health and safety representatives at union headquarters for advice, is where I would be taking this. You'll get a good hearing being a new migrant as well. Especially as you have reported this to your GP and Psychologist.

If you put your case to the right people, you'll be amazed at the outcome. Right now workplace bullying is the No1 target for compensation claims, and gets the bosses jumping through hoops.

Over to you mate...

http://www.cpsuvic.org/index.php?opt...105&Itemid=108

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 2nd 2008 at 1:02 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:17 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Hi Paul,

Sorry to read you are feeling so down at the moment

Keep your chin up, take it a day at a time C x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:13 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I tried!

Went in today and before I could even say a word I was getting dirty looks from people. I was moved to a new bench and the guy I'd work under (who has been superfine till now!!!) was VERY offish with me. I'd ask what he wanted me to do and I'd get replies like "I don't have anything for you to do, I don't have anything today, tomorrow, or the day after!" ... handy! ...

I lasted till lunch time and as I was walking out he said to me "I hear you've got probs and come to get your tools on Saturday!" News travels fast eh! ... There was only 2 people in on Sat and apart from the foreman, there was one other guy who is normally very offish with me, yet today he actually said "hello Paul" ... so that alone wasn't right!

So I told the foreman thanks for the effort, but I know when I'm not wanted and went and told the guy who took me on I'm gonna call it a day. He looked like he knew it was coming but asked me if I wanted him to speak to the ***** (sorry, but feel they ARE!) in question and I told him I didn't want to be known as one to go management etc etc.

So I am currently unemployed again ... excellent! ... ****in excellent! ... doin well at this ole migration lark aint I! ... oh I forgot, I haven't migrated have I! ... I'm just a temporary resident!

Is it all worth it?

No comment.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:12 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well I tried!

Went in today and before I could even say a word I was getting dirty looks from people. I was moved to a new bench and the guy I'd work under (who has been superfine till now!!!) was VERY offish with me. I'd ask what he wanted me to do and I'd get replies like "I don't have anything for you to do, I don't have anything today, tomorrow, or the day after!" ... handy! ...

I lasted till lunch time and as I was walking out he said to me "I hear you've got probs and come to get your tools on Saturday!" News travels fast eh! ... There was only 2 people in on Sat and apart from the foreman, there was one other guy who is normally very offish with me, yet today he actually said "hello Paul" ... so that alone wasn't right!

So I told the foreman thanks for the effort, but I know when I'm not wanted and went and told the guy who took me on I'm gonna call it a day. He looked like he knew it was coming but asked me if I wanted him to speak to the ***** (sorry, but feel they ARE!) in question and I told him I didn't want to be known as one to go management etc etc.

So I am currently unemployed again ... excellent! ... ****in excellent! ... doin well at this ole migration lark aint I! ... oh I forgot, I haven't migrated have I! ... I'm just a temporary resident!

Is it all worth it?

No comment.

Yes it is worth it, after all you have already been through you have to be near the end of the shit.

I have no experience in what you are going through, and I don't want to come out with some badly thought through clap trap, I just don't want you to give up hope after all the hard yards you have already put it.

There is a saying that it is darkest before the dawn, I really truly hope you get another job v v v soon and that things start turning tound for you.

Please please don't give up mate

Shirley x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:21 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I tried!

Is it all worth it?

No comment.
Dont let the bastards get you down mate...things will come right...remember none of this is your fault...all you want to do is get on with ur work
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:10 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, don't let them do this to you. Don't let them win.

You're better off out of there, they don't deserve you, find somewhere that does, there's good places out there I know it.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:13 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Hi Paul,

I've followed your story a bit over the last few months, and am really gutted to hear that things have not been going so well for you. I can't offer a whole lot, but I do know some guys who know some guys in the carpentry / cabinet making trade... perhaps if you PM with what you're looking for (and what areas / locations you'd consider) I might be able to help out.

Cheers - and hang in there.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:27 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clippy
find somewhere that does, there's good places out there I know it.
I'm looking, I am!!

The place I always thought I could fall back on (always looking for people!), well I've just tried to sign up to their recruitment page and guess what the first question after you input your email and password was?

Are you an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident?

Errrrr! ...

I phoned a couple of other jobs earlier and they want a Resume sent ...

London Cabbie, Trainee Hairdresser ... a little of this, a little of that.

Hmmmm, not looking good and altho I REALLY don't feel like laughing now, I just have to!

What a joke!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Oh bugger.
All I can say is yes, it was worth it for us. My OH went through some crap with jobs for the first few years (on and off I hasten to add), although not bullying like you - and in the end it has REALLY paid off for us.
Just keep trying and don't expect too much of yourself.
We're with you all the way.
Gill
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, well done, it is a sensible decision to remove yourself from this situation. Your emotional welfare is the most important thing.

Sod, the CV and to be honest, just 'forget' to put this little interlude on there. Tell employers you are looking for a change of career while you wait for PR.

I know you are looking hard for work - but it might be worth your while looking at temporary jobs - even those for a few days. I have found that once employers see a temp worker who is good, other job opportunities open up in the company. Plus, if you don't like the job and it is temporary, it feels a whole lot better.

Good luck and hope you start to feel better soon.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:12 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking, I am!!

The place I always thought I could fall back on (always looking for people!), well I've just tried to sign up to their recruitment page and guess what the first question after you input your email and password was?

Are you an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident?

Errrrr! ...

I phoned a couple of other jobs earlier and they want a Resume sent ...

London Cabbie, Trainee Hairdresser ... a little of this, a little of that.

Hmmmm, not looking good and altho I REALLY don't feel like laughing now, I just have to!

What a joke!
Paul is there no way you can do hairdressing a bit? You should do it from home, stick it under your signature, bet there's people on here that would come to you and pay for a cut! I know I would, might bring some money in for a bit in the meantime?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:22 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Where are you located Paul? You could always advertise yourself on here for some odd jobs I don't think that's allowed but maybe the mods could overlook it for a couple of hours
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:03 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

What about driving a cab here Paul. the money is shite not like in London, but its a quick fix?
taxi school is free (a week long)
cost is about 110 bucks for everything. oh you need a medical from a GP but im shure that was about 50 bucks
if you need any info, just get my number from the meet thread and i will help point you in the right direction.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:08 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Is it all worth it?

No comment.
in a word yes!
you are not doing this for you, your doing it for your family. or you would have stayed in the uk while you were there
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Brianbrain will become famous soon enoughBrianbrain will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Hi Paul,
I've followed your story a bit over the last few months, and feel really sorry to hear that things have not been going so well for you. You have guts in bucket loads.Don't let them get you down.... I can't say any more as other posters have already given you good advice.
Wishing you all the luck in the world
Amanda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.