Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
No doubt I'm gonna get a bashing for this from all the do-gooders BUT..........

Paul, do you really need to air every single item of your dirty washing in public??????

FFS - am I alone in feeling like this? Some things are sacred you know!

Personally, I would never tell all and sundry about my life, as you do. Does it not bother you what people think?

As for borrowing money off of a poster and then telling the whole forum about it - c'mon man, have some decorum!

I dunno...................
I suppose you could just have ignored the thread, having read the title, rather than post the reply that you did.

Or you could have put Paul on ignore so that you don't read his posts and are therefore unaware of his situation.

Or was it just that you thought you'd toss the cat amongst the pidgeons for a laugh? I'd like to think you had more common decency than that though.

Originally Posted by soapy
Fluffy.
we are not all the same mate.
some people find it easy to put their feelinging on here. to you it might seem strange, but someone might come up with an idea for him to get through this.
each to there own mate.
some might find it strange that you would want to post against someone who is just not feeling himself right now. they might ask what good can come of it

i for one wouldnt post or read the thread if i didnt agree with what it was about. maybe not the best choice of words from me, but im shattered lol
I second that.

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry Fluffy, I don't feel I'm a do gooder but when someone is down and has precious few true mates around them in a relatively strange country, I would die sooner than ignore them.

Well said!

Paul is obviously someone who is comfortable to talk about his problems in public and that is nothing to be ashamed of. Dirty washing? Is that what you consider depression to be? Please, when someone is admitting to how they are feeling and how tough things are, do not come on here and say something that is not going to boost him somehow. If you don't like what he's posted, and the title is a major give away to how he is feeling, don't enter the thread.

Totally agree. It's attitudes like this to mental health that lead to people not opening up to friends and family when they are most in need.

I sincerely hope you are never in such a situation, but, were you to find yourself like that, that you were able to find the help you needed easily because it's obviously not easy.

Well said.

Decorum? Perhaps you could show some to your fellow man.
Some manners would suffice, if you can't say something nice....keep your mouth closed.

I've followed this guys posts but have rarely responded because he seems to have a good network of friends here from way before I joined the forum.

My heart has gone out to him and his family from first reading his posts. I doubt that there are many of us here who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much just to be on Australian soil. He's working his @rse off to give his family a better life, and I for one, take my hat off to him for his dogged determination to "live the dream" when most of us would have been hiding licking our wounds by now.

Apologies if I've offended anyone here. (Although this is the polite version of what I'd have like to have said!)

M
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:51 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

to be honest a think fluffy was trying to show paul that he is setting himself up as an easy target. maybe he might have picked better wording, but hey it is a public forum and we can all type our opinion. noone has to agree with it
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
No doubt I'm gonna get a bashing for this
Excellent choice of words Fluff.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
to be honest a think fluffy was trying to show paul that he is setting himself up as an easy target. maybe he might have picked better wording, but hey it is a public forum and we can all type our opinion. noone has to agree with it
Sorry Soapy,

I know you're a good guy. I know that you bring a lot of people together on the forum, and try to keep the wheels of friendship oiled.

But! If he was thinking of Paul and his family's best interests he could have PM'd him.

I have a better forum life via PMs than on the forum. There was no need for him to "publicly" comment like this.

I think I remember him saying somewhere that he had re-invented himself because he didn't like the "persona" his forum ID had become. Maybe now we're seeing the "real" Rob.

Again, apologies to anyone I've offended here. The last thing we all need is an argument amongst ourselves. No matter how funny it is to the "lurkers".

M
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want any arguments ...

Fluffy IS entitled to his opinion, and has the right to express it.

Maybe he's right, maybe I should shut my gob!

Or maybe I should just do as I please. Do as I have here for over 4 years without any major complaints.

Water under the bridge.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:06 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Well I don't believe in miracles, but I do believe in hard work, perseverance, guts and determination and the latter two you have in bucket loads. I just don't know what to say to you Paul. I just wish I could help in some way.

Please don't stop posting. I know sometimes when you are really low you just don't feel like 'chatting', but sounding off on here must help a little. It's better than sitting around and moping and I'm sure everyone else would say the same. If you disappear now, we'll have to send out the search party because we'd be so worried about you, so stay put okay?

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1138/hugspp3.gif
I agree with you, chatting and sharing your problems do help, just knowing you can go to someone and have a good old moan and not be judged is a good thing,my heart goes out to Paul and his family, it helps having all you lovely people out ther. but when your low and ive been there too, the only person who can get you out of depresion is yourself, so good luck to paul
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I don't want any arguments ...

Fluffy IS entitled to his opinion, and has the right to express it.

Maybe he's right, maybe I should shut my gob!

Or maybe I should just do as I please. Do as I have here for over 4 years without any major complaints.

Water under the bridge.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there Paul; you started the thread, this is the way you wish to express your feelings, and I think as a longtime poster, who has shared all the ups and downs with BE you really do know what you are doing when you open your heart like this.

If a newer poster had aired such deep feelings, I would feel concerned that he/she didn't really know what they were doing sharing their innermost thoughts with the fourm......but I'm fairly sure that you do know what and why, and if you want the thread removed, you know what to do, some Mods don't sleep (much!!).
I know that it can actually help a lot for some people to share their feelings like this; I have done it myself more than once, both on here and elsewhere, and I have found that by hearing the views of others from all directions, on all levels, I can often find a key to the current dilemma.

In Fluffy's defence, as Paul says, I think he is entitled to express his opinion. Again it is in character with the "Fluffy" persona, and I think Paul realises that.
Fluffy's migration journey has been very different to Paul's, and he is probably a very different person inside as well. Having read Fluffy's post which is under fire, it's not actually that bad - he is posting his opinion, and Paul has responded to his questions. It's become a debate - might make Fluffy see things a little from the other side, the less secure side. I feel for you, Paul, as I spent a long time on temp visas, and unless you have known that insecurity you will never truly know how it feels, will you. I also take my hat off to you - you have fought against so many odds to get this far, keep fighting mate, keep sharing whatever you want to share, and lets all try and learn something from your sheer guts and determination.

I think deep down it's threads like this which remind us that BE is a very diverse family, but we can all respect each other's views.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:19 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think deep down it's threads like this which remind us that BE is a very diverse family, but we can all respect each other's views.
Exactly. Whether in good times or bad BE will be here and thats the bottom line. We've all made friends on here and the support system that we offer each other is second to none. We congratulate each other when things go well, and offer a shoulder for when it doesn't.

Sue
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sue
Exactly. Whether in good times or bad BE will be here and thats the bottom line. We've all made friends on here and the support system that we offer each other is second to none. We congratulate each other when things go well, and offer a shoulder for when it doesn't.

Sue
Exactly! ... (copy cat ... )

I've said many a time how I love BE and how I love Australia. I've told of the good, and I've told of the bad! I've also stated many a time that I personally couldn't get through all the agg we have / get (and we do get heaps being temp residents) here without the support I get from fellow BE members, most I've never even met before!

I AM an 'open book' as I say and I apologise if I come across as being a big gob or whatever you want to call me, but I get a LOT of help and support here so WILL continue to wear my heart on my sleeve.

Believe it or not, I DO have many other issues that I daren't speak on here so I'm not 100% on that, but for some I probably DO say too much. I'm sorry if I offend you but you DO have the option to 'opt out' or don't even go there in the first place!

Believe me, I REALLY can't wait to throw up a positive post / thread about how I've got a job, or how I'm feeling sooooo much better. I have no crystal ball so don't know when this will happen, but I DO know that with the law of averages it's only a matter of time.

Bring it on! ...
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:26 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly! ... (copy cat ... )

I've said many a time how I love BE and how I love Australia. I've told of the good, and I've told of the bad! I've also stated many a time that I personally couldn't get through all the agg we have / get (and we do get heaps being temp residents) here without the support I get from fellow BE members, most I've never even met before!

I AM an 'open book' as I say and I apologise if I come across as being a big gob or whatever you want to call me, but I get a LOT of help and support here so WILL continue to wear my heart on my sleeve.

Believe it or not, I DO have many other issues that I daren't speak on here so I'm not 100% on that, but for some I probably DO say too much. I'm sorry if I offend you but you DO have the option to 'opt out' or don't even go there in the first place!

Believe me, I REALLY can't wait to throw up a positive post / thread about how I've got a job, or how I'm feeling sooooo much better. I have no crystal ball so don't know when this will happen, but I DO know that with the law of averages it's only a matter of time.

Bring it on! ...
And when it happens, you know we will all be in there, cheering for you
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:57 am
Account Closed

And when it happens, you know we will all be in there, cheering for you
Maybe not all, but good ole 'law of averages' DOES after all dictate that that isn't really possible ... I know that!

One or two is enough for me ...

Oooops! ... a smile just popped out there, maybe the tabs are starting to work ...

A 'big grin' too! ... what next?

Thanks Polly.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:00 am
Home and Happy

Maybe not all, but good ole 'law of averages' DOES after all dictate that that isn't really possible ... I know that!

Oooops! ... a smile just popped out there, maybe the tabs are starting to work ...

Thanks Polly.
No worries, keep the sense of humour, its worth its weight in gold and can see you through most things.....I know, I've been there, and maybe sometimes I'm still there............
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:07 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Thanks Polly.
nice one Paul, first a smile then a big grinyou have made my day to know you feel a bit better, to you take a day at a time
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:13 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, I have no wise words or great advice....

Just want you to know Im thinking of you hun..

(((((((()))))))) xxxxxxxx
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:36 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

did the bloke type this?

one of the best things i have read on here pal........pure magic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.