Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Wikiposts

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:38 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Good luck for tomorrow Paul and keep posting C x
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Kath is right, sometimes we don't know what to say, but as soon as you post on this thread I HAVE to look and see how you are doing.

I really wish you every success mate, because I think you deserve it.

You are an insperation to a lot of people, whether they tell you that or not - you have the balls to achieve anything you want and all of this is just a temporay set back. It WILL come good in the end, I have every confidence in you.

We are here for you, and if you want to post in the forum then don't let anyone put you off, and if you don't want to post in here then there are lots of people that don't mind if you PM them for a chat - me included.

Take care of yourself Paul, you will come out the other end I just know it.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:41 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Well I HAVE to admit I feel a bit of a complex about posting now, but hey ho.

Current state is I feel no better. Day 15 and no sign of a lift (I know, try the stairs!!)

I've got a possible job on the horizon. It's labouring which with my dodgy arms aint ideal, but I can't afford to be choosy! It's pretty crap money but again, I can't afford to be choosy, and it will at least help pay the bills. I've gotta go up to North Brissie tomorrow to be inducted and crossing fingers I'm given a start.

I spose that's it really, apart from wanting to once again say thanks for the kind wishes which seem to only appear via pm and karma now, but 'we'll be right' and get there somehow ...

Thanks again.

Good luck Paul sending (((HUGS)))
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Kath is right, sometimes we don't know what to say, but as soon as you post on this thread I HAVE to look and see how you are doing.

I really wish you every success mate, because I think you deserve it.

You are an insperation to a lot of people, whether they tell you that or not - you have the balls to achieve anything you want and all of this is just a temporay set back. It WILL come good in the end, I have every confidence in you.

We are here for you, and if you want to post in the forum then don't let anyone put you off, and if you don't want to post in here then there are lots of people that don't mind if you PM them for a chat - me included.

Take care of yourself Paul, you will come out the other end I just know it.
What she said!! Thanks for taking the time to write what I thought Wendy.

If you stopped posting, you know that a posse of BE members would come looking for you, don't you?

Fingers crossed for this job to work out - hopefully it will only be a short term thing until your PR comes through.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am once again employed!

I should feel a lot better now as I know money does unfortunately worry me these days, but I feel the same, empty.

I'll get a call today some time to let me know where I'm working but it's looking like it'll be 20 mins up the road which is good considering this company have work all over Brissie and I could be placed 1hr+ away.

Start on Monday, exact rate TBC but I know it's crap so knowing exact figure isn't gonna make a world of difference, but hey it'll help pay the bills! ...

I'm gonna go back and see the doc today if I can get an apt. These things aint doin nowt and I might as well be taking smarties!

Cheers.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I should feel a lot better now as I know money does unfortunately worry me these days, but I feel the same, empty.

I'll get a call today some time to let me know where I'm working but it's looking like it'll be 20 mins up the road which is good considering this company have work all over Brissie and I could be placed 1hr+ away.

Start on Monday, exact rate TBC but I know it's crap so knowing exact figure isn't gonna make a world of difference, but hey it'll help pay the bills! ...

I'm gonna go back and see the doc today if I can get an apt. These things aint doin nowt and I might as well be taking smarties!

Cheers.
Great news! May not be the answer to all your prayers, but it's a start
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:11 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

Medication can take up to 3/4 weeks before you start to see a marginal change in mood - don't be too hasty
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
Medication can take up to 3/4 weeks before you start to see a marginal change in mood - don't be too hasty
Yeah I think that comment was said in haste ... ... but maybe just how I feel. I'm well aware that these tabs can start in the first 1 - 2 weeks, but will take 3 - 4 for full effect (or longer) so I've refrained from wasting the doc's time for now and gonna hold tight!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:44 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
Good news about the job Paul, even though we know it's not ideal. As far as the tablets go, did your Doc' give you any idea of how long the ones he/she has prescribed would take effect?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:59 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think that comment was said in haste ... ... but maybe just how I feel. I'm well aware that these tabs can start in the first 1 - 2 weeks, but will take 3 - 4 for full effect (or longer) so I've refrained from wasting the doc's time for now and gonna hold tight!
I agree with what you say Paul ... what you are experiencing at the moment sounds like cosignalling. But as your time frame suggests you know this already.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:52 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Even though the job isn't what you want, I still want to congratulate you. It's money in the pocket, bills can be paid and later on, when you are yet again 'the Paul you want to be' you can look around for another job. Take it one day at a time and you know you will get there, even if you don't feel it as such at the moment. Keep on hanging in there!!

Take care,

Miranda xx
Old Mar 6th 2008, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the job Paul - at least it's money coming in and something to take your mind off things.

Hopefully the guys you will work with will be a laugh too - that will be an enormous help.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hopefully the guys you will work with will be a laugh too - that will be an enormous help.
A breath of fresh air more like!

Crossing fingers ... altho in my induction today I had to sit thru a few video's and one of them was how they don't tolerate bullying of any sort and procedures to take if you are, just like my old company! ...

Should be ok there tho as after all I'm a labourer, a glorified dog's body so can't REALLY go wrong!

Old Mar 6th 2008, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A breath of fresh air more like!

Crossing fingers ... altho in my induction today I had to sit thru a few video's and one of them was how they don't tolerate bullying of any sort and procedures to take if you are, just like my old company! ...

Should be ok there tho as after all I'm a labourer, a glorified dog's body so can't REALLY go wrong!

It will be OK - just go in and tell everyone how pleased you are to be working there and with them. People like positive people. Work hard - but not too hard - don't show anybody up. If you make a mistake laugh at yourself.

I'm sure I don't need to say any of these things as you are obviously a great bloke and just had the bad luck to find a crappy workplace last time. Your new workmates are lucky to have you.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fly Away
It will be OK - just go in and tell everyone how pleased you are to be working there and with them. People like positive people. Work hard - but not too hard - don't show anybody up. If you make a mistake laugh at yourself.

I'm sure I don't need to say any of these things as you are obviously a great bloke and just had the bad luck to find a crappy workplace last time. Your new workmates are lucky to have you.
Yeah I'll just do me best, that's ALL I can do ... all I've ever done!

We'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.