Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Wikiposts

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Paul, that all sounds really, really positive . Will be thinking of you tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:42 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

Thanks.

Well 1st day at new job and it went ok ...

People were nice and the work was a doddle to be honest, but I don't think much was expected from me, unlike the other place!

My only issue is because I'm working thru an agency I'm obv on a lower wage than the other guy's, but can live with that as it's a probationary period and if the company like me they'll put me on THEIR books and my hourly rate goes up, but the agency won't allow any overtime either, and there seems to be loads to be had ... Still, it's to fill a gap as far as I'm concerned and after all it IS money! ...

On the plus side of life, my phone rang today and I've got 2 other companies after me for an interview! ... ... and I've phoned one of them back and arranged one for tomorrow at 4. If it was successful it would be closer to home (5 mins instead of 15 (which isn't bad) (can you do 2 lots of brackets inside each other !?!? ... well, I have ... ) but more importantly $2 or $3 more PH ... to be confirmed!

Crossing fingers on that one!

As to me, well I'm feeling a lot better. I'm not 100% if it's the tabs, or that I'm back working, but DEF feel a little something in the air ... ... and NOT complaining!

Sooooooo, will see how interview goes tomorrow, but if a no goer then at least I still have a job, which is bloody good in my books ...

Onwards and up!
Oh absolutely. From little Acorns do big Oak trees grow. You sound so much better Paul and I am chuffed to bits for you and Nic'. It must take a big weight off her mind to hear you like this. I said the other day that everything comes in 3's didn't I?

Have a nice bottle of wine with your dinner this evening.

Best of luck for the interview tomorrow.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by curly
Well done Paul see all those buses come along together as always

Glad work's gone ok, but fingers crossed for tomorrow, you seem a lot more positive, which is good to see
Yeah altho could do with the PR bus coming along right now ...

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Hurrah!

All sounds promising

((((((((((Cyber huggles)))))))))))))))
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Paul, that all sounds really, really positive . Will be thinking of you tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Oh absolutely. From little Acorns do big Oak trees grow. You sound so much better Paul and I am chuffed to bits for you and Nic'. It must take a big weight off her mind to hear you like this. I said the other day that everything comes in 3's didn't I?

Have a nice bottle of wine with your dinner this evening.

Best of luck for the interview tomorrow.
Yeah I feel a whole lot better. I can't say I'm feeling 100% as I say, but def a whole lot better ...

I'll put the bottle of wine on the back burner for now, but will DEF have a glass or 9 if I get the job tomorrow ...

Thanks guys ...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:54 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like things are on the up Paul, glad your first day went well and Good Luck for tomorrow C x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news Paul. Even if you don't get it at least people are interested in you and you are earning. With regard to feeling better, I should think it's a bit of both having a job and the meds kicking in. Good luck tomorrow.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:19 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, that's brilliant mate, your spirits seem to have lifted a bit and that can't be bad eh Onwards and upwards

Good luck with the interview tomorrow
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:30 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Think about it? Did the tablets make the agency offer you work? Did the tablets make your new workmates be friendly? Did the tablets offer you an interview to look forward to?

No, but they have helped you a little bit to be able to see the good things that have happened & to make the most of them. But mainly Paul, it's down to you: Your effort, your determination & your skills. So bloody well done mate for getting through this awful time & long may it continue

We're all proud of you & happy for you Paul. You deserve a change in luck & although there may well be plenty of ups & downs to come, you can be sure we'll be here to support you in any small way we can

Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Thanks everyone, you're very special people ...

Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:20 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Yeah altho could do with the PR bus coming along right now ...
Maybe it's Sunday service only

Keep it going fella
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,

So glad to read that things have taken a turn for the better. What's that old saying, something like it's always darkest before the dawn... Hope your dawn is breaking and the sunshine starts to flood through your life again.

BTW - the good things happening aren't chance, you're putting yourself out there looking for work - that's your hard work paying off.

Hope you continue to feel brighter.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:40 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad things seem to be on the up - you deserve it
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:51 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Think about it? Did the tablets make the agency offer you work? Did the tablets make your new workmates be friendly? Did the tablets offer you an interview to look forward to?

Paul, it's down to you: Your effort, your determination & your skills. So bloody well done mate for getting through this awful time & long may it continue
Spot on JG !!!! Good for you Paul !!!!

Defo onwards & upwards.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

Thank you, thank you, and one for luck! ... thank you ...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:02 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Paul been caught up on me wedding plans and stuff since i arrived in BRISSIE but just want to wish you all the very best mate,you deserve a break and i hope it comes your way real soon
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Just caught up with the last couple of pages of this thread to keep me up to date and it was really lifting to read your progress - well done Paul if I was nearer I'd come over just to give you one of these ((((((((((hugs))))))))))
fingers crossed for your interview
S xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.