Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Wikiposts

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:20 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

So that's 4 - 0 to stick ... hmmmm.

It IS nice tho to be working somewhere where people actually have time for you, walk past and smile, walk past and say hello, sit outside the smoko hut and have a ciggie with ya and have a laugh and a joke, tell you how they're off to London at the end of the year and want you to tell them what to expect ... ... LOL. It DOES make me wonder how I lasted at the other place for so long, but I spose I WAS desperate for money and a job ...

As I say I've got till Monday when I'm supposed to start so no point in worrying now, but as we speak I think I'm gonna have to join the 4 - 0 making 5.

Altho new job would be more hours too! ... and Saturday work which all adds up. Nic has a friend who's husband worked there for years and speaks very highly of the place. it's 5 mins from here!

Plus's and minus's with both and I can't decide.

I might ask at current place tomorrow of my chances of getting kept on after the 3 months and possible earning potential, but only been there a few days, not really giving them much to go on really ...

Hmmmmm.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Whilst having more hours would help the bank balance, you also need to have time off to recharge and chill and I think you may end up doing too many hours because of the money, and your health suffering again. Sorry, I'll butt out now
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Whilst having more hours would help the bank balance, you also need to have time off to recharge and chill and I think you may end up doing too many hours because of the money, and your health suffering again. Sorry, I'll butt out now
Yeah maybe you're right.

I'll see how it goes over the next 2 days. I might even get the sack! ...
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Yeah maybe you're right.

I'll see how it goes over the next 2 days. I might even get the sack! ...
You're back to normal then
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You're back to normal then

Will sleep on it, goodnight ...
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:45 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Will sleep on it, goodnight ...
night
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:16 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally Paul, I'd look at the long term security aspects of both jobs. Sounds like a bit of stability in your life wouldn't go a miss right now. Forget the money, as long as the bills are paid, any more is immaterial and certainly doesn't buy your happiness. Well done on getting 2 jobs though!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:15 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Fluff !!!!!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:12 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I agree with Fluff !!!!!
Me too, plus I'd also take into consideration the actual job I'd be doing. Putting the pay and the distance aside for a moment, what work appeals more?

Congratulations on being offered another job Paul. Great stuff. Lady luck is on your side at last maybe?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:55 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I agree with Fluff !!!!!
Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Me too, plus I'd also take into consideration the actual job I'd be doing. Putting the pay and the distance aside for a moment, what work appeals more?

Congratulations on being offered another job Paul. Great stuff. Lady luck is on your side at last maybe?
Bloody hell, you lot feeling OK? I mean - agreeing with ME?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:45 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Bloody hell, you lot feeling OK? I mean - agreeing with ME?
I wouldn't disagree with you just because I have in the past. What you said is sensible IMHO.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

Well I HAD to speak to management where I am now as i'm starting to really click with a few of the guys there ... I asked of the possibility of ditching the agency I'm working for and simply jumping ship. I'd already spoke to a few of the guy's there and they reckon others have done it in the past but I thought there MUST be a clause somewhere, and after speaking to one of the foreman's there he said there is and if they took me on now they'd be liable for a fine totalling the 3 months I should stay there before moving over.

Now they also said if I was to ditch the agency and go work elsewhere for a week, THEN return it wouldn't be a problem, which makes me wonder if the agency would ever know anyway? ...

Another problem to throw into it all is one of the guy's there who I thought would be on loads more than I am now, is actually getting paid 50c less PH than what I'm getting thru the agency, which is $2PH less than the other co have offered me, and the agency are charging $5PH to the co on top of my wage (not sure if that makes sense ?!?)

Soooooo, will the co I'm at now even be willing to pay me what the other company have offered, even tho it will be $3PH less than what they're paying now, and taking into account they're paying another guy loads less!

Well if you're not ... ... I certainly am! ...
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:06 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I HAD to speak to management where I am now as i'm starting to really click with a few of the guys there ... I asked of the possibility of ditching the agency I'm working for and simply jumping ship. I'd already spoke to a few of the guy's there and they reckon others have done it in the past but I thought there MUST be a clause somewhere, and after speaking to one of the foreman's there he said there is and if they took me on now they'd be liable for a fine totalling the 3 months I should stay there before moving over.

Now they also said if I was to ditch the agency and go work elsewhere for a week, THEN return it wouldn't be a problem, which makes me wonder if the agency would ever know anyway? ...

Another problem to throw into it all is one of the guy's there who I thought would be on loads more than I am now, is actually getting paid 50c less PH than what I'm getting thru the agency, which is $2PH less than the other co have offered me, and the agency are charging $5PH to the co on top of my wage (not sure if that makes sense ?!?)

Soooooo, will the co I'm at now even be willing to pay me what the other company have offered, even tho it will be $3PH less than what they're paying now, and taking into account they're paying another guy loads less!

Well if you're not ... ... I certainly am! ...
bloody hell!

some good news!

He seems nice enough and you seem happy there, which at the moment is the best thing you could ask for at the moment.

If you can cope with a cut in the income then go for it. You can always ask for more at a later date.

Get yourself some security first.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:12 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Title says it all.

Been on anti D's for 8 days now as advised by my GP (PLEASE KICK IN!!!). I'm getting bullied at work (prob main cause of it all), PR is taking ****ing ages (application went in OVER 6 months ago and STILL heard nowt!!!), oh just ****ing fed up with it all! ... I want to go home (UK).

Nic says with me 'the grass is always greener' ... and I spose it is, but it's a bloody frail burnt out piece of crap now and I want the firm, healthy, well fed strand of grass now, you know, the one that grows in Blighty!

Oh I'm just soooo ****ed off with it all now!

Nic and the kids are happy, settled etc ... but I'm just all over the place now and currently feel I can't take no more! ...

We've come here with good intentions. We've blown ALL of our money on getting PR here, I've studied and worked in a field I knew I'd NEVER further just so we can get PR here, yet for the last 20 mins I've been locked away in the toilet crying to myself!

Can it get any better than this? ... I ****ing hope so or I'm I'm outta here!

We're due to go up the Brissie river tomorrow in the boat. I just hope I'm not found hanging from a rope 6 foot under it!

I hate my life!

Sorry ... :curse:
try this it works for me,,hope you pul through...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lJIjdajBww
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
bloody hell!

some good news!

He seems nice enough and you seem happy there, which at the moment is the best thing you could ask for at the moment.

If you can cope with a cut in the income then go for it. You can always ask for more at a later date.

Get yourself some security first.
I agree with SS if you can cope on that wage, I'd stick where you are. You've said how you get on with these new blokes, how friendly they are etc. That's what you need at the moment Paul, you need to be 'happy at work'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.