Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Wikiposts

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by shiels
Hi Paul,

Did you have a good time out on the boat?

C x
Hi C,

Yes had a very good afternoon thanks. A few giggles (as we always do) and we even made it from the Coomera river down to the Broadwater (keep taking wrong turning normally) so had success in that ...

I wish I could say I'm feeling 100% but still feel very far from that to be honest.

Still, one day at a time ...
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

Currently charging up the battery for me ole boat and gonna get out on that for a few hours today as the weather seems decent. It's one of the few things that I enjoy at the mo so it makes sense to 'have some of it' ...
Enjoy it, it's something you're lucky to have so count it among your blessings.
I did hint to The Bloke that if we had a boat it would help me to cheer up but he just grunted about us not having the money to either buy it or run it so I just have to look at pictures of them instead......

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 8th 2008 at 2:35 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Enjoy it, it's something you're lucky to have so count it among your blessings.
I did hint to The Bloke that if we had a boat it would help me to cheer up but he just grunted about us not having the money to either buy it or run it so I just have to look at pictures of them instead......
You'd be surprised Polly.

Ok, you DO have to buy the thing to start with, and I bought a 'wrong en' really but thankfully was able to put it right myself. Original plan was a 'tinny' and you can get em for as low as $1,000. Ok, $1,000 is still $1,000 but you can't a lot for that here can ya?

Upkeep, well Rego for both boat and trailer is under $150 for the year which isn't a lot, but must admit mine is thirsty on fuel. It's NOT the biggest of engines at 60HP but last week our trip up and down the Brissie river cost a rediculous $50 ... ... altho with hindsight we was flat out for most of the time.

If I didn't score a job it was gonna go but I REALLY don't want to sell it as we DO have a good laugh out in it ...
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:11 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

You'd be surprised Polly.

Ok, you DO have to buy the thing to start with, and I bought a 'wrong en' really but thankfully was able to put it right myself. Original plan was a 'tinny' and you can get em for as low as $1,000. Ok, $1,000 is still $1,000 but you can't a lot for that here can ya?

Upkeep, well Rego for both boat and trailer is under $150 for the year which isn't a lot, but must admit mine is thirsty on fuel. It's NOT the biggest of engines at 60HP but last week our trip up and down the Brissie river cost a rediculous $50 ... ... altho with hindsight we was flat out for most of the time.

If I didn't score a job it was gonna go but I REALLY don't want to sell it as we DO have a good laugh out in it ...
if things get tuff paul, dont sell the boat FFS!

sell the wife insted, you would get a few bob for her and its one less mouth to feed
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soapy

sell the wife insted, you would get a few bob for her and its one less mouth to feed
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

better still , sell the kids
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:59 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Would anyone want to buy them though, that's the question.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:52 pm
skye

We just got a boat - where do you go in yours! - we have been to cabbage tree point and thats about it at the mo!

Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i tried to sell my kids once and the guy wanted 4000 grand just to take them off my hands
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:57 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

i tried to sell my kids once and the guy wanted 4000 grand just to take them off my hands
That's what I mean.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no wise words to say, except i have read your posts over the years and i feel i know you and your family a little, you all sound like wonderful people and you sound like one of the strongest people around, i truly hope one day i will have the privilege of meeting you all.

I have always loved the emotion and sincerity in your posts, you are one of the reasons i keep reading and posting on BE, if anything, your posts are never, ever boring

lots of love and good wishes, margaret.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:57 pm
'In limboland'

I have no wise words to say, except i have read your posts over the years and i feel i know you and your family a little, you all sound like wonderful people and you sound like one of the strongest people around, i truly hope one day i will have the privilege of meeting you all.

I have always loved the emotion and sincerity in your posts, you are one of the reasons i keep reading and posting on BE, if anything, your posts are never, ever boring

Aaww, that's a lovely thing to say.

I hope your day goes really well Paul. Thinking of you.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

Hi Margaret and thank you very much for saying such lovely things, I feel very humbled ...

I'm not sure where you're at, but if you ever get to the Gold Coast do look us up ...

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I hope your day goes really well Paul. Thinking of you.
Thanks.

Well 1st day at new job and it went ok ...

People were nice and the work was a doddle to be honest, but I don't think much was expected from me, unlike the other place!

My only issue is because I'm working thru an agency I'm obv on a lower wage than the other guy's, but can live with that as it's a probationary period and if the company like me they'll put me on THEIR books and my hourly rate goes up, but the agency won't allow any overtime either, and there seems to be loads to be had ... Still, it's to fill a gap as far as I'm concerned and after all it IS money! ...

On the plus side of life, my phone rang today and I've got 2 other companies after me for an interview! ... ... and I've phoned one of them back and arranged one for tomorrow at 4. If it was successful it would be closer to home (5 mins instead of 15 (which isn't bad) (can you do 2 lots of brackets inside each other !?!? ... well, I have ... ) but more importantly $2 or $3 more PH ... to be confirmed!

Crossing fingers on that one!

As to me, well I'm feeling a lot better. I'm not 100% if it's the tabs, or that I'm back working, but DEF feel a little something in the air ... ... and NOT complaining!

Sooooooo, will see how interview goes tomorrow, but if a no goer then at least I still have a job, which is bloody good in my books ...

Onwards and up!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Margaret and thank you very much for saying such lovely things, I feel very humbled ...

I'm not sure where you're at, but if you ever get to the Gold Coast do look us up ...

Thanks.

People were nice and the work was a doddle to be honest, but I don't think much was expected from me, unlike the other place!

My only issue is because I'm working thru an agency I'm obv on a lower wage than the other guy's, but can live with that as it's a probationary period and if the company like me they'll put me on THEIR books and my hourly rate goes up, but the agency won't allow any overtime either, and there seems to be loads to be had ... Still, it's to fill a gap as far as I'm concerned and after all it IS money! ...

On the plus side of life, my phone rang today and I've got 2 other companies after me for an interview! ... ... and I've phoned one of them back and arranged one for tomorrow at 4. If it was successful it would be closer to home (5 mins instead of 15 (which isn't bad) (can you do 2 lots of brackets inside each other !?!? ... well, I have ... ) but more importantly $2 or $3 more PH ... to be confirmed!

As to me, well I'm feeling a lot better. I'm not 100% if it's the tabs, or that I'm back working, but DEF feel a little something in the air ... ... and NOT complaining!

Sooooooo, will see how interview goes tomorrow, but if a no goer then at least I still have a job, which is bloody good in my books ...

Onwards and up!
Well done Paul see all those buses come along together as always

Glad work's gone ok, but fingers crossed for tomorrow, you seem a lot more positive, which is good to see
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Onwards and up!
Hurrah!

All sounds promising

((((((((((Cyber huggles)))))))))))))))

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.