Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Wikiposts

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by aston man
try this it works for me,,hope you pul through...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lJIjdajBww
Cheers mate, and yeah a goody but thankfully am on the up at last ...

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
bloody hell!

some good news!

He seems nice enough and you seem happy there, which at the moment is the best thing you could ask for at the moment.

If you can cope with a cut in the income then go for it. You can always ask for more at a later date.

Get yourself some security first.
Originally Posted by curly
I agree with SS if you can cope on that wage, I'd stick where you are. You've said how you get on with these new blokes, how friendly they are etc. That's what you need at the moment Paul, you need to be 'happy at work'
Yeah I can't help but think I AM happy at current company, but unfortunately the current pay and lack of overtime (agency won't allow it even tho there IS heaps available) is giving me a dilemma I don't want ...

Easy answer is my current company pay me what the other has offered and take me onto their books, and they've already said they'd be happy for me to 50 hours PW if I'm willing, and I am! ... but I'm kinda tied to the agency for 3 months, then the agency would expect / be happy for me to sign up with current company!

Nothing is ever straight forward is it! ... :curse:
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:48 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Soooooo, will the co I'm at now even be willing to pay me what the other company have offered, even tho it will be $3PH less than what they're paying now, and taking into account they're paying another guy loads less!Well if you're not ... ... I certainly am! ...
Nothing is ever straight forward is it! ... :curse:
Okay, so what are the differences in the work you'd be doing? Did the other company seem friendly? What are the prospects? I don't see the point in settling down for 3 months and leaving at the end if the company you're with now can't better what you are earning. I Know you said there's lots of o/t, but o/t is based on your basic hourly rate, so you may be better off taking the plunge now, rather than waiting if the hourly rate isn't that good.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Okay, so what are the differences in the work you'd be doing? Did the other company seem friendly? What are the prospects? I don't see the point in settling down for 3 months and leaving at the end if the company you're with now can't better what you are earning. I Know you said there's lots of o/t, but o/t is based on your basic hourly rate, so you may be better off taking the plunge now, rather than waiting if the hourly rate isn't that good.
Current company have took me on as a labourer with carpentry skills and I'm not expected to know too much really which is good as altho I'm no chippy, I know a fair bit and certainly more than a few of the guy's I've worked with so far.

Other job I'd be classed as a TA (trade assistant) and probably expected to know a fair bit. Off topic slightly but that was the prob with last company. They took me on as a TA and knew I'd never done cabinet making and I did ok albeit a bit slow as I was knew to it, but the other people there kept comparing me to other TA's there who'd done it for years! As I say, management there was very happy with my progress, but the tossers there couldn't cut me any slack!

Anyway, back on topic to be honest I don't see me at ANY of the co's if we ever get PR as it's looking like I'll be best to do an apprenticeship and Electrical is looking fav, but for now I guess there's EVERY chance I could jump ship and be back to being compared to 'the other TA's' there and possibly a bit lacking so up for grief! ...

As I say where I am now I don't think too much is expected of me and there's every chance I might 'shine' as without sounding big headed I DO know a fair bit about most trades really.

The foreman said he was gonna try and have a word with the boss about trying to get me on board but to be honest the more I think about it I think I HAVE to stay put really as jumping might be more money, but it DOES open up possible agg ... ALL I know about this other company is Nic has a friend who's OH worked there for years and speaks very highly of the co which obv sounds good, but tis all I have to go on really.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Well done on the dilemna you're now facing!

Why don't you just stick it out where you are for 3 months, if it doesn't work out and they don't take you on or don't pay you what you want maybe you could go back to company number 2? You've landed yourself 2 jobs now so it's possible it can happen again?!!!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

ALL I know about this other company is Nic has a friend who's OH worked there for years and speaks very highly of the co which obv sounds good, but tis all I have to go on really.
But is it enough? After all, just because this guy speaks highly of the company could mean anything. What's he comparing it to, how much experience has he had at other places? Also if he's been there ages, he won't get the crap you may get as an 'unqualified newbie' Ask the guys giving you grief at the old place and they may say the same - you yourself said the bosses were good and I'm sure the guys don't bully each other so that may be a really good place.

Anyway, you're brain is probably imploding thinking about it all, I think you've made your mind up so go with your gut.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Yeah I'll see what the current company have to say tomorrow and go from there. I know this new place is offering more money, but I'm pretty sure there will be more expected from me and altho I know I'm capable (with a bit of time to learn), will the other chaps be so understanding ?!?!? ... from my experience (a few diff companies here) the answer is no!

Oh and,

Originally Posted by moneypen20
you yourself said the bosses were good and I'm sure the guys don't bully each other so that may be a really good place.
Oh that's one thing I KNOW isn't the case. One of the decent blokes there (there WAS a couple) said they have heaps of people start there and never seem to stay ...

I know! ... and it's cos they're a clicky bloody lot and don't let anyone into their clique!!

Anyway, water under the bridge thank god! ...
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

Well to tie the thread up possibly.

I'm feeling a LOT better now altho don't think it's down to the tabs, I don't actually think these ones are working for me to be honest. I think it's just a better 'state of play' with job and possible other (another call today from a resume sent ... ).

Incidently I said goodbye to the guy's at current place today as I spoke to the boss earlier and he said I've basically gotta stick with agency for 3 months and then they WILL take me onto their books, but for a dollar less than what I'm getting now ... This in turn equates to $3PH less than the other job I have lined up for Monday so as the saying goes ... Money talks and ******* walks!

Pity as I DID really gel with a few guy's there, will miss them, but crossing fingers for new company. At the end of the day they've said as long as I work for someone else between agency and them I CAN return so I guess I DO have that to fall back on ...

Will see how it goes on Monday, I hope it goes well.

I often read the OP of this thread and altho I WAS feeling like that when I posted, I'm soooooo much happier now and I don't feel anywhere as low as I was then ...

Just want to say a MASSIVE thanks to everyone who posted, gave support, sent pm's and K msg's, said nice things etc etc

I've said before and will continue to say, I couldn't do this without you lot! ...

Thank you!

Paul, Nic and kids.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Bewdaful update Paul!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:00 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news Paul and I really hope that the new job will be even better than this last one. Next it'll be PR and you'll be free from school fees and be able to get on with your lives.

Good luck on Monday and have a great w/e.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling a LOT better now altho don't think it's down to the tabs, I don't actually think these ones are working for me to be honest. I think it's just a better 'state of play' with job and possible other (another call today from a resume sent ... ).

Incidently I said goodbye to the guy's at current place today as I spoke to the boss earlier and he said I've basically gotta stick with agency for 3 months and then they WILL take me onto their books, but for a dollar less than what I'm getting now ... This in turn equates to $3PH less than the other job I have lined up for Monday so as the saying goes ... Money talks and ******* walks!

Pity as I DID really gel with a few guy's there, will miss them, but crossing fingers for new company. At the end of the day they've said as long as I work for someone else between agency and them I CAN return so I guess I DO have that to fall back on ...

I often read the OP of this thread and altho I WAS feeling like that when I posted, I'm soooooo much happier now and I don't feel anywhere as low as I was then ...

Just want to say a MASSIVE thanks to everyone who posted, gave support, sent pm's and K msg's, said nice things etc etc

I've said before and will continue to say, I couldn't do this without you lot! ...

Thank you!

Paul, Nic and kids.

Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Paul

I hope it continues to get better for you.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:21 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

Paul, Nic and kids.
Tried sending Karma, but said I gotta spread it lol

Good luck for Monday !!!

Ste
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant. Good luck next week.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for Monday.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it goes well monday Paul

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.