Reload this Page >

I dont want to go any more

I dont want to go any more

Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I dont want to go any more

Originally Posted by possoms
Yes me, DD and GinaUK all went together, I can highly recommend it at the end we all stood there with a Tarantula in our hands

OK!!! who's with me??!!! .................................................

................................................. hello.....????? anyone???
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Rooksie, I dont think its just the spiders that is bothering you.

Take a look at what you have been through the past couple of months. Your brother is ill, you have got your visa, been to hell and back trying to sell you house, got so wrapped up in the whole migration process that you have forgotten how to think about anything else.

Now its really happening and you are going to leave the place you have called 'home' for somewhere that happens to have something you are frightened of.

You need to take one day at a time and not look any further.

Start trying to find out about therapists that can help you with your fear of spiders.

If you look how many people with spider phobias migrate to Oz and get by just fine.

Please don't give up on your dream, its what you have worked so hard to get.

When you feel like crap, scared of what is to come, and find yourself fighting with Jed, give him a hug because I bet you hes as nervous as you, but in different ways.

I am so looking forward to 'Rooksies updates from Downunder' because the way you write, they would be great.

You have alot of friends on this site, so sound off on here and remember that you worked hard to get the visa, you will have to work harder to make it work.

And until the day comes when you fly out, you take one stage at a time, set yourself small targets, and try and get your phobia sorted out in the UK.

Love Sam

Just found this website for you, its free so worth a try.

http://www.mindfithypnosis.com/spiderphobia.htm

I agree totally, just take a big step back and look at the "whole" - the reasons why you want to go to oz and try not to focus on the one small thing that is scaring you at the moment
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:20 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie

Is it held at London Zoo?

My mate is a veterinary nurse at London Zoo, I could ask him about prices etc.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It's too far away for me or I would. (maybe )
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:28 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Have you not seen Fear Factor Rooks???
one cracking episode where a bloke with a spider phobia had to eat deep fried Bird eating spiders cracking is definitely the word..yes cracking
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Rooksie, you're an adult, are you not, you are a woman of the world, you have a family, have been able to bring them up, presumably have held down a job. I'm sure you are aware that Australia is NOT teeming with spiders in every square centremetre, surely? Please(!?)

cheers

Badge
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:39 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you don't go then I'm not going!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:45 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: I dont want to go any more

gets better mate. jed and i fell out this morning (for a change ) and he was definitely in the wrong ( ). just had a knock at the door and through the glass i could see a man standing holding a bunch of flowers . i opened the door with a big grin and they are for next door

bollox.
Ahhh Jac you are sooooooo funny !!! I have just read through and what are you doing woman ????!!!
You have a dream and you will be fine, Russ is terrified of spiders and snakes and all of it, he is talking about being hypnotised to overcome his fear.
Why don't you give it a go??
You have gone through so much already, what with house and all. Jed and you just need to sit and be honest about your feelings(and you need flowers sent!!! ) As long as you communicate with eachother you will work together as a team.
Good luck hun
Jane xxx

Last edited by Jane and Russ Middleton; Feb 28th 2006 at 11:49 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Erm....just get a really big shoe!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:05 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Watcha mate,

Really don't know what to say to make you feel better, wish I did.

I know this is a monumental thing you're contemplating doing but think right back to the start of your plans and ask yourself what was it that brought you on this journey in the first place.

On the creepie crawlie side of things...now you know you're talking to one of the worst sufferes on here...Kay will vouch for that. But I promised myself that I would not let my fears get the better of me. Believe me, if we're lucky enough to get our visas, I will be cacking myself on an hourly basis, have the hoover permamently plugged in to suck the little buggers up, mortein bomb the place every 3 months, baits, barrier sprays, in fact get a bank loan out of all the sprays etc I'll stock up on, oh and don't forget the blowtorch. I'm going to be a nervous wreck of the first order.....but I'm not going to let it spoil going to Oz.

As Kay (think it was Kay) suggested, if you REALLY aren't sure, go for a reccie first.

So, snap out of it girlie....[I'd insert a dope-slap emoticon here but I don't have one so I've used this one instead.... ).

D D xxxxx
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:11 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
It's too far away for me or I would. (maybe )
Me too - I'm not terribly scared, I can look at them but that's it. If the price was right and it was near enough though I'd seriously go on one of them phobia course thingies.

Rooksie, seriously, there's no reason this should stop you going to Oz, you've got to give one of those course things a try, they must work else they wouldn't be doing them. Go for it that's what I say
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:33 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Hey Don't worry about it i feel the same as you about spiders the uk ones i could evict by letting them walk on my hand and chucking them out the window but when it comes to aussie spiders well that is another story and don't even get me started on the cockroaches but i have an aussie friend who has lived here all her life and never had a problem with spiders she just recommended using mortein spray within 2 metres of all doors and windows and her words i quote "as soon as any little f***er steps on it their dead" so the 1st thing hubby did when we got the keys for our rental was to go round with some mortein professional available from woolies was on special too only cost $19.95 which i think is a small price to pay we bought stuff to get rid of the cockies and also stuff to get rid of ants also some mozzie repellant for the evenings but i still made it and am loving every minute. you don't say how old your children are but another thing my friend recommended waqs to have a poster on the fridge of all the nasty spiders and now if here kids see a spider they check the fridge to see what it is so they know to steer clear and tell mommy. You will love it when you get out here there are so many other things to be getting on with you will forget all about all the creepy crawlies.

keep positive

Poshrice
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:59 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:59 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:03 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I cant handle it any more. Jed and I are arguing non stop and I really am scared out of my wits of spiders. Just their appearance freaks me out completely but those buggers can kill you!!! I'm sure i wont be able to sleep at night because i will imagine them in the bedroom and in the girl's bedrooms. what if you get bitten by a funnel-web in your sleep? i guess that means you dont wake up. well fekk that.

i dont want to go.

aw.....hunny......dont panic.......just put your arms round your hubby, tell him you love him......and just decide that whenever things get stressful, the 2 of you will stop what you are doing and have a hug.

sending you <<<<<hugs>>>>> - you will get there, its just the stress...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.