British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   I dont want to go any more (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/i-dont-want-go-any-more-358338/)

Rooksie Mar 1st 2006 9:23 am

I dont want to go any more

I cant handle it any more. Jed and I are arguing non stop and I really am scared out of my wits of spiders. Just their appearance freaks me out completely but those buggers can kill you!!! I'm sure i wont be able to sleep at night because i will imagine them in the bedroom and in the girl's bedrooms. what if you get bitten by a funnel-web in your sleep? i guess that means you dont wake up. well fekk that.

i dont want to go.

fraser Mar 1st 2006 9:25 am

Re: I dont want to go any more

Originally Posted by Rooksie
I cant handle it any more. Jed and I are arguing non stop and I'm really am sacred out of my wits of spiders. Just their appearance freaks me out completely but those buggers can kill you!!! I'm sure i wont be able to sleep at night because i will imagine them in the bedroom and in the girl's bedrooms. what if you get bitten by a funnel-web in your sleep? i guess that means you dont wake up. well fekk that.

i dont want to go.

*SLAP !!!!!!!!!*

Pull yourself together woman :D

Rooksie Mar 1st 2006 9:25 am

Originally Posted by fraser
*SLAP !!!!!!!!!*

i just had to go back and correct all of my spellings!!! im a wreck mate!!!

fraser Mar 1st 2006 9:26 am

i just had to go back and correct all of my spellings!!! im a wreck mate!!!

You forgot about the flys/snakes/jellyfish/sharks/crocs :D

wmoore Mar 1st 2006 9:27 am

*SLAP !!!!!!!!!*

What he said.

Sure, you're going through a damn stressful time right now but you'll get over, under or through it. Don't worry about the spiders either. We've had 2 spiders **in the house in the last 6 months. Actually one of those was in the garage.

** Not counting daddy long legs type things anyway ;)

Rooksie Mar 1st 2006 9:28 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
What he said.

Sure, you're going through a damn stressful time right now but you'll get over, under or through it. Don't worry about the spiders either. We've had 2 spiders **in the house in the last 6 months. Actually one of those was in the garage.

** Not counting daddy long legs type things anyway ;)

what sort of spiders were they???? were they the killing variety??

Rooksie Mar 1st 2006 9:28 am

You forgot about the flys/snakes/jellyfish/sharks/crocs :D

i wont encounter those mate because i will be too scared to leave the house :o :eek:

Centurion Mar 1st 2006 9:29 am

I cant handle it any more. Jed and I are arguing non stop and I'm really am sacred out of my wits of spiders. Just their appearance freaks me out completely but those buggers can kill you!!! I'm sure i wont be able to sleep at night because i will imagine them in the bedroom and in the girl's bedrooms. what if you get bitten by a funnel-web in your sleep? i guess that means you dont wake up. well fekk that.

i dont want to go.

Get a grip <slap> ;)

Spiders are a fact of life here. They are lot as bad as people make out on the site. How many people have died from a spider bite in Australia in the last 25 years ???

> NONE <

Get yourself a decent fly/spider spray and everything is under control if you dont want to evict them. That and if you want to go completely over the top let off "bombs" in the house regularly which kill everything whilst your away for a day or have it professionally sprayed.

Honestly - its nothing to worry about. I was totally scared of spiders. Now I have been known to evict them from the property once in a while - Brave I am :)

fraser Mar 1st 2006 9:29 am

Yeah they'd probably frighten you to death :D

Australia_bound? Mar 1st 2006 9:30 am

I cant handle it any more. Jed and I are arguing non stop and I really am scared out of my wits of spiders. Just their appearance freaks me out completely but those buggers can kill you!!! I'm sure i wont be able to sleep at night because i will imagine them in the bedroom and in the girl's bedrooms. what if you get bitten by a funnel-web in your sleep? i guess that means you dont wake up. well fekk that.

i dont want to go.

You get all that way then you change your mind?
Ever thought of some professional help on phobias?
Dunno what else to say apart from do whatever you fell is right!
Good luck ;)

wmoore Mar 1st 2006 9:31 am

A white tail and a huntsman. Both could give you a bit of a nip but both would run when you came near too.

Wendy Mar 1st 2006 9:32 am

i dont want to go.

After all that hassle to sell your house :eek:

You're going to be fine. There is sprays and all sorts of other stuff about. My aunt has lived in Australia for 40 years and has had only 4 spiders in her house in all that time, 3 of them when she lived in Alice Springs.

If you see one just do what I'm going to do.

RUN

Rooksie Mar 1st 2006 9:32 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
A white tail and a huntsman. Both could give you a bit of a nip but both would run when you came near too.

have you seen any red backs or funnel-webs???

wmoore Mar 1st 2006 9:33 am

have you seen any red backs or funnel-webs???

Only on the telly ;)

fraser Mar 1st 2006 9:33 am

Originally Posted by WendyC

. My aunt has lived in Australia for 40 years and has had only 4 spiders in her house in all that time, 3 of them when she lived in Alice Springs.

We get at least that every week :eek: