Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I dont want to go any more

Wikiposts

I dont want to go any more

Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:11 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I dont want to go any more

Not much I can add to these other wise posters, BUT think ahead 10 years

Do you really want to be sat in UK thinking "I should have" and "How come I let some stupid arachnids rule my life?"

No, of course you don't, fear of something is not to be taken lightly, but you may not come across any spider big enought to fret about!

Baygon is a brilliant cockroach killer, works on spiders too I believe (my now 15 year old used to call it spider polish in Hong Kong)

If you don't like it, you can always come back, but if you never go you'll never know!

Shirley x
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:12 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, own up!! who rang Jed?!?!? this evening he came home with flowers, fizz and smoked salmon AND he cooked the tea!!!! bleedin 'ell!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:14 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
OK, own up!! who rang Jed?!?!? this evening he came home with flowers, fizz and smoked salmon AND he cooked the tea!!!! bleedin 'ell!!!!
bless! well have a good evening and try to calm down hunny.
love ya!
claire
x
Attached Thumbnails I dont want to go any more-tulipsmixed2006a.jpg  
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:17 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

So what are you doing on here. Gone on get lost
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

He must read the site while he's at work
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:19 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: I dont want to go any more

I cant handle it any more. Jed and I are arguing non stop and I really am scared out of my wits of spiders. Just their appearance freaks me out completely but those buggers can kill you!!! I'm sure i wont be able to sleep at night because i will imagine them in the bedroom and in the girl's bedrooms. what if you get bitten by a funnel-web in your sleep? i guess that means you dont wake up. well fekk that.

i dont want to go.
Funnel-webs are never found in houses; they need to be outside to create their little burrows.

Millions of Australians get throught the year without ever seeing a spider, let alone being bitten by one. If the risk was substantial, we'd all know about it by now!

Hang in there, Rooksie; you're prime ex-pat material, and Australia needs you!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:39 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

OK!!! who's with me??!!! .................................................

................................................. hello.....????? anyone???
OK here is the link for the spider course at London Zoo:

http://www.zsl.org/london-zoo/news/s...ers,20,NS.html

It is £110 per person but in my opinion worth every penny, out of the 20 or so people on that course and some were crying might I add everyone of us at the end of the course touched and moved a house spider and held a tarantula.

I actually fell in love with the tarantula her name was Freda and she was gorgeous and I could not even bare to be in the same room as a house spider prior to going.

and for any newbies heres me and val with Freda

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320932

Last edited by possoms; Mar 1st 2006 at 6:42 am.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:41 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: I dont want to go any more

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Rooksie, I dont think its just the spiders that is bothering you.

Take a look at what you have been through the past couple of months. Your brother is ill, you have got your visa, been to hell and back trying to sell you house, got so wrapped up in the whole migration process that you have forgotten how to think about anything else.

Now its really happening and you are going to leave the place you have called 'home' for somewhere that happens to have something you are frightened of.

You need to take one day at a time and not look any further.

Start trying to find out about therapists that can help you with your fear of spiders.

If you look how many people with spider phobias migrate to Oz and get by just fine.

Please don't give up on your dream, its what you have worked so hard to get.

When you feel like crap, scared of what is to come, and find yourself fighting with Jed, give him a hug because I bet you hes as nervous as you, but in different ways.

I am so looking forward to 'Rooksies updates from Downunder' because the way you write, they would be great.

You have alot of friends on this site, so sound off on here and remember that you worked hard to get the visa, you will have to work harder to make it work.

And until the day comes when you fly out, you take one stage at a time, set yourself small targets, and try and get your phobia sorted out in the UK.

Love Sam

Just found this website for you, its free so worth a try.

http://www.mindfithypnosis.com/spiderphobia.htm
Karma sent!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:06 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

I cant handle it any more. Jed and I are arguing non stop and I really am scared out of my wits of spiders. Just their appearance freaks me out completely but those buggers can kill you!!! I'm sure i wont be able to sleep at night because i will imagine them in the bedroom and in the girl's bedrooms. what if you get bitten by a funnel-web in your sleep? i guess that means you dont wake up. well fekk that.

i dont want to go.
I see nothings changed since I've been away

Honestly mate.......I'm terrified of both spiders and flying and here I am sitting in Singapore airport just done my 5th flight in less than 3 weeks and about to do my 6th. Didn't see any scary spiders at all and we went to Sydney, Townsville and the GC. Thing's are far worse in your imagination than in reality. The ants are far more of a problem than the spiders
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:29 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Oww, I really feel for you. I grew up in Aus and we had huntsmen in rented houses we had - my Dad used to cut a large hole in an icecream container, tape the container over the spider and blast it with flyspray through the hole
Having said this, we had mice infestations and they scared me more! :scared:
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:39 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

i dont want to go.
chin up mush
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:44 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

The funnel web has enough venom to kill 2 elephants so if you get bitten your a goner.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:12 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
The funnel web has enough venom to kill 2 elephants so if you get bitten your a goner.
Thnks for that you've been more than helpful
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:46 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hows things today Rooksie?
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:49 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rooksie

I think there are a lot on here who can relate to the anxieties you are going through at the moment.

I'm going to PM you.

Take care

Rach xxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.