Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jul 11th 2012, 4:06 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Waiting for the Escea technician to turn up and work out why my brand new fire makes so much noise as it warms up. It is silent afterwards but on warm up you could wake the hounds of hell!!!! He is due between 1 & 3 today. Not going to hold my breath though! I 'want' to mop the floor but not even going to go there until he's finished potentially making a mess.
How noisy is it - some noise is normal when warming up as bits and pieces expand.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
How noisy is it - some noise is normal when warming up as bits and pieces expand.
Trust me, this is not normal! Sounds like it is shaking its guts out! The colder it is the longer the noise lasts. Occasionally it starts up again after a couple of hours use for no apparent reason. The plumber doesn't seem to think it is reasonable!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 4:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that, hopefully he'll turn up and get it sorted for you soon.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesnt hate school holidays coz MY kids are at home... HATES them coz the world and his mother are at the shopping centre.... WTF?

Had a delightful conversation with a woman who had 3 kids in tow....

Two of the little darlings kept putting stuff in other peoples trolleys... And running away..... They did it to me... So i pick the bags of lollies out and say to them.... "its not ok to be putting things in other peoples trolleys...." with a smile... Sickly sweet tone of voice.... "perhaps you would like to put them in Your mummy's trolley, or back on the shelf ...please"

**** me... You would have thought I'd screamed "I'm going to rip your ****ing heads you miserable little c***s.." at them... From mummy's reaction...

I standing there pissing myself laughing whilst she Fs and blinds at me... Two other shoppers didnt help by joining forces .(with me)..... So i walked away...

And before anyone says Normal For Rockingham..... I was in Freo

at least I dont THINK I screamed "i'm going to rip your ****ing heads off you miserable little ....." but I do appear to be having some PMT right now

Last edited by eddie007; Jul 11th 2012 at 5:02 am.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 7:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We were standing in a Woolies till queue this afternoon and just looking around as you do. There's a lad of about 10 standing against a shelf smacking a pack of Timtams hard on the edge and trying to smash them up whilst pretending it's not him by looking in a different direction I said (quite loudly) 'Hey!' he looked around at me, so I said (really quite loudly) 'Stop that NOW!', he looked at me a bit longer and then ran off to his dad. Tiddler was watching and saw him tell his dad point at me and then heard his dad ask him what he'd done, he obviously said as the dad clipped him round the ear and turned his back on him.

Anyway got a call from the school tuckshop asking if I was free to work so I got five hours work and now had a call asking if I can do tomorrow too! Yay, money, me, earning, money. The excitement is overwhelming. it's to cover for people being sick so won't go past tomorrow but I'm easily pleased.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Just had a long chat eith domeone in a position to make a change to a Government Department policy I disagree with and he agrees with me. Media onslaught expected and hopefully change will happen!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 10:56 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
We were standing in a Woolies till queue this afternoon and just looking around as you do. There's a lad of about 10 standing against a shelf smacking a pack of Timtams hard on the edge and trying to smash them up whilst pretending it's not him by looking in a different direction I said (quite loudly) 'Hey!' he looked around at me, so I said (really quite loudly) 'Stop that NOW!', he looked at me a bit longer and then ran off to his dad. Tiddler was watching and saw him tell his dad point at me and then heard his dad ask him what he'd done, he obviously said as the dad clipped him round the ear and turned his back on him.

Anyway got a call from the school tuckshop asking if I was free to work so I got five hours work and now had a call asking if I can do tomorrow too! Yay, money, me, earning, money. The excitement is overwhelming. it's to cover for people being sick so won't go past tomorrow but I'm easily pleased.
Now you see that is Karma - you protected the king of Aussie biscuits - Tim Tams, my god smashing those up should carry a prison sentence (only because now I want some)

You protected the Tim Tams and were rewarded with work in the Tuckshop Pleased that his Dad clipped him round the ear, I almost expected you to say the Dad had a go at you for telling his kid to stop it - so nice that he didnt.

And now, I could just eat some Tim Tams washed down with a cuppa.

EDIT: - just called Mr PP, he is going shopping straight from work, I have instructed him to get some Tim Tams

Last edited by Cheetah7; Jul 11th 2012 at 10:59 am.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Had a nice lie in,no work today and children on school holidays.Getting washed and ready to go in to the city.Have an appointment at the dentist.There goes $700 and that's not even half of it.Will probably go for some coffee and cake afters if my mouth can cope.
Actually there went $1,100.Will never leave it 6 years before I visit the dentist again.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

Means they know you are around and available if needed though
Enjoy
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:39 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Good day in the NB household. Nothing really of note to report. Got the kitchen tap fixed, made a pot of chilli for a load of hungry teenagers, got all the bedding washed and dried. Not very exciting but nevertheless a good day.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Means they know you are around and available if needed though
Enjoy
Oh they know I'm about, they're friends. They'd be fairly high on the list to finding out I was employed! In theory they should ask me to volunteer but because it's me they ignore that bit. I will enjoy, we have a good laugh. Thanks.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:56 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Mr PP has just arrived home with two packets of Tim Tams - one milk chocolate and the other dark chocolate and cherry (I think)

May I ask, how many Tim Tams should one have with a cuppa - is two enough, I could eat three but I wont.

Time for a cuppa!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Mr PP has just arrived home with two packets of Tim Tams - one milk chocolate and the other dark chocolate and cherry (I think)

May I ask, how many Tim Tams should one have with a cuppa - is two enough, I could eat three but I wont.

Time for a cuppa!
Two or three sounds fair. I would just need two or three cuppas
Old Jul 11th 2012, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Two or three sounds fair. I would just need two or three cuppas
I have just had two but between you and me, I could go another two but I wont.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
I have just had two but between you and me, I could go another two but I wont.
YET

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.