Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jan 18th 2014, 12:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Awesome. Flew down to Sydney to surprise Dorothy for her birthday and then lunch in Manly and dinner in Woolloomoolooooo with some wonderful friends.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 12:28 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Awesome. Flew down to Sydney to surprise Dorothy for her birthday and then lunch in Manly and dinner in Woolloomoolooooo with some wonderful friends.
Sounds like a good day

Distinct lack of sleep here - next house has got to have air con in the bedrooms
Old Jan 18th 2014, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds lovely.Hope you had a super time.Happy Birthday to Dorothy.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great. Happy birthday to Dorothy!!

Took DD and her best friend out to Ninja for dinner. DD had warm sake as her first legal in public alcohol. It was a really nice meal- gluten friendly - and DD ended up speaking French to one of the waiters!!

We have a new book, given by DD's friend's mum -Schottenfreude -which is a book of German words for the human condition. Very amusing - one of my favourites is "schmutzwortsuche" which means looking up rude words in the dictionary. I also like "kuhlschrankblockade" which means staring at the fridge, hungry but unsure what to eat. It is by Ben Schott.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

AAARGH.

Pool is leaking.
Heater is broken.
Car is dented.

DD is sick- temp of 38.7 and coughing up stuff- has been for 3 days, but now getting hot and cold. I want to take her to the doctor's surgery as I think she needs antibiotics, but she doesn't want to go. She is 18, so I can't overrule her.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment, I'm having to deal with some unpleasant internal problems. To add to the jolification, I've had an external cyst which has grown ever larger and larger. Today was sunday, and a familily roast dinner was on the books. I sat down rather awkwardly and all hell and cyst let loose. Urghhh!
Two ways to look at this. One. I felt a great deal better, and , no you cannot look. You would be taking the pus....
Two. Many years ago, as a gobshite salesman, I was cheerfully informed by my sales manager: " You might think you've done a good job, but it's like pissing yourself in a dark suit: you get a nice warm feeling but nobody notice's"
I'm somewhere in between. I'm still wiping pus away, but I'm smiling....

Sorry, not the most encouraging post I've ever posted, but the relief on pressure points is amazingly joyful!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 12:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
At the moment, I'm having to deal with some unpleasant internal problems. To add to the jolification, I've had an external cyst which has grown ever larger and larger. Today was sunday, and a familily roast dinner was on the books. I sat down rather awkwardly and all hell and cyst let loose. Urghhh!
Two ways to look at this. One. I felt a great deal better, and , no you cannot look. You would be taking the pus....
Two. Many years ago, as a gobshite salesman, I was cheerfully informed by my sales manager: " You might think you've done a good job, but it's like pissing yourself in a dark suit: you get a nice warm feeling but nobody notice's"

Sorry, not the most encouraging post I've ever posted, but the relief on pressure points is amazingly joyful!
I think I'm happy for you but I'm sorry about the internal issues.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm happy for you but I'm sorry about the internal issues.
Rather more pleased with the relief on the external issues....
Old Jan 20th 2014, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OleJanx

OUCH!!!

And AAAAHHHHhhhhhh..............
Old Jan 20th 2014, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
OUCH!!!

And AAAAHHHHhhhhhh..............
And "OWWWW!" and "Ooooh!" Almost an absolute pain in the arse!
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Blinking pool is leaking even more now- going down at 25cm per day- yet we can still find no obvious places where it is leaking. Pool man isn't coming until monday, and yesterday my water meter went from 1359 9500 to 1366 3667 when I topped it up so I could run the filter for a few hours to stop it going green- cue horrendous bill.

I've tried putting a bag of sand over the waste- no difference. There is no difference when it goes below the skimmer box either, which leaves the lights or the pipes to filter, most of which are buried under the pool itself.

GROAN.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Blinking pool is leaking even more now- going down at 25cm per day- yet we can still find no obvious places where it is leaking. Pool man isn't coming until monday, and yesterday my water meter went from 1359 9500 to 1366 3667 when I topped it up so I could run the filter for a few hours to stop it going green- cue horrendous bill.

I've tried putting a bag of sand over the waste- no difference. There is no difference when it goes below the skimmer box either, which leaves the lights or the pipes to filter, most of which are buried under the pool itself.

GROAN.
Don't worry about it going green, not worth it. Once the level gets below the outlet hole it'll stop draining. If it is a crack in the pipe anyway.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't worry about it going green, not worth it. Once the level gets below the outlet hole it'll stop draining. If it is a crack in the pipe anyway.
If the water isn't clear enough the guy won't be able to use the dye to see where the leak is- he has to don scuba gear as it is!!

I've managed to persuade him to come tomorrow, thank goodness.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

POOL HAS BEEN FIXED- I hope- with half a pair of men's underpants and a wodge of epoxy!!
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Just walked circa of 20 Kms in Hervey Bay trying to find a cafe/ restaurant recommended by a friend who didn't know the name of the place and failing miserably has made my day unsuccessful and left my feet throbbing !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.