Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House selling in the UK and silly offers

House selling in the UK and silly offers

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 4:42 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House selling in the UK and silly offers

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Used to be a gas fitter back in the days of pre payment meters where you put money in. There was a particular estate where it was common practise take your 'savings' from the meter before you went out on a Friday or Saturday

Cooler
Aye we'd a 50p leccy metre in the garage of our house as a kid, mum used to give us the bag of 50p's to go put in, it's amazing how many I dropped and kicked under the freezer in my time! Such slippery wee b*ggers those! lol
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:31 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I just thought I'd share my news with you all! I am one door closer to putting my house on the market, only 8 more to paint, then three bedrooms and a bathroom! WOO HOO LOL
Attached Thumbnails House selling in the UK and silly offers-first-door.jpg  
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Jen, I feel your pain. We put those doors into one of our houses. We bought them unpainted thinking it would be an easy job to do them ourselves. We were wrong
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:21 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by cookiestar
Jen, I feel your pain. We put those doors into one of our houses. We bought them unpainted thinking it would be an easy job to do them ourselves. We were wrong
Unfortunately when I bought this house as a newbuild I was on a budget, or I'd have got him to stick real pine doors in....aw well....that first door wasn't too bad and is actually looking spot on....it'll be grand lol
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:24 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Unfortunately when I bought this house as a newbuild I was on a budget, or I'd have got him to stick real pine doors in....aw well....that first door wasn't too bad and is actually looking spot on....it'll be grand lol
It's looking good Jen!

Good luck with the rest of the decorating. I've only recently finished redecorating my house. Hard work, but worth it in the end.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:32 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by paulry
It's looking good Jen!

Good luck with the rest of the decorating. I've only recently finished redecorating my house. Hard work, but worth it in the end.
Defo, will have it finished by end of summer, woo hoo! lol
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:38 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Defo, will have it finished by end of summer, woo hoo! lol
Thats great! Then you'll be free to begin with your decluttering

(I've finished phase one decluttering (pre grant) )
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:53 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Thats great! Then you'll be free to begin with your decluttering

(I've finished phase one decluttering (pre grant) )
I've been decluttering already, and will be doing so in the classroom for 2 to 3 days over the summer! 'BIN, BIN, BIN!!!'
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:10 am
Banned

I've been decluttering already, and will be doing so in the classroom for 2 to 3 days over the summer! 'BIN, BIN, BIN!!!'
We've been passing on all of our potentially more valuable clutter onto some good friends who can do with the extra cash that they can make from car booting. But also loads of stuff is going into the bin. Funny, we feel so unburdened now that much of it is gone and the house seems bigger too!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:42 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

We've been passing on all of our potentially more valuable clutter onto some good friends who can do with the extra cash that they can make from car booting. But also loads of stuff is going into the bin. Funny, we feel so unburdened now that much of it is gone and the house seems bigger too!
Couldn't u do with the extra cash too?! lol
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:50 am
Just Joined

adams family is an unknown quantity at this point

Things seem to be on the up we have had our house on the market for five months with little interest and then in a space of a week three viewings 2 of which went away to look into there finances and on the saturday agent called with a last minute viewing and the couple offered the full asking price on the Sunday. All that waiting and it all happened in a week,contracts to exchange in 28 days.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:50 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, he's obviously loaded
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:04 pm
Banned

Yes but not the hassle of a car boot sale.

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Nah, he's obviously loaded
I wish
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by adams family
Things seem to be on the up we have had our house on the market for five months with little interest and then in a space of a week three viewings 2 of which went away to look into there finances and on the saturday agent called with a last minute viewing and the couple offered the full asking price on the Sunday. All that waiting and it all happened in a week,contracts to exchange in 28 days.
Congratulations! I bet you are so pleased. Full asking price too

We've had ours on the market for about 10 days now. Having our 4th viewing today
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:52 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I bet you are so pleased. Full asking price too

We've had ours on the market for about 10 days now. Having our 4th viewing today
Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.