Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House selling in the UK and silly offers

House selling in the UK and silly offers

Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:16 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House selling in the UK and silly offers

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Good luck
Thanks
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:52 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Thanks
Good luck with the viewing.

I have never done a car boot sale and never will either!

Cooler
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:38 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Yes but not the hassle of a car boot sale.

I wish
EBAY EBAY EBAY! lol
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:17 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
EBAY EBAY EBAY! lol
I was in ebay heaven before we came here lol
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

I just thought I'd share my news with you all! I am one door closer to putting my house on the market, only 8 more to paint, then three bedrooms and a bathroom! WOO HOO LOL
Hi Jen. My doors are like that! Recently painted all the ones that the agent says I need to/that I can be bothered with. Can I humbly recommend one of those mini rollers if you`re not using one already? I found it slightly quicker and a lot more fun. You can turn it end on to get into the awkward bits! Don`t bother trying to clean it, though. Either buy a few or seal it up with plastic bag/clingfilm/tin foil when not using. Have fun!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:00 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Prudi
Hi Jen. My doors are like that! Recently painted all the ones that the agent says I need to/that I can be bothered with. Can I humbly recommend one of those mini rollers if you`re not using one already? I found it slightly quicker and a lot more fun. You can turn it end on to get into the awkward bits! Don`t bother trying to clean it, though. Either buy a few or seal it up with plastic bag/clingfilm/tin foil when not using. Have fun!
I have a wee mini roller but I tend to find those rollers lethal! I end up getting 'japped' all up my face when I use one, I'm just stupid with them! I've two months off work (teacher) so will just do them the way I did that one, with a brush. Wasn't too bad once I'd started to be honest....will maybe try to do two next time!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:09 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Two men contracted to paint a small community church. Being very frugal, they pinched and scraped to spend the absolute minimum on materials. Then, when they were only partway through the job, they determined that they did not, after all, have enough paint to complete thejob.
Not wishing to spend any more money if they didn't absolutely have to,they decided they would just dilute the water-based paint they were using so that it would last longer.
They did this a couple more times before theyfinished, which caused striping on the church as the paint got lighter each time it was thinned. The painters had just about gotten to the top of thesteeple, when, all of a sudden, the sky darkened, and the rain started topour down. As the paint streamed down the sides of the church, a voiceboomed from the heavens: "Repaint, you thinners! Repaint, and thin no more!"

Cooler
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:20 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Two men contracted to paint a small community church. Being very frugal, they pinched and scraped to spend the absolute minimum on materials. Then, when they were only partway through the job, they determined that they did not, after all, have enough paint to complete thejob.
Not wishing to spend any more money if they didn't absolutely have to,they decided they would just dilute the water-based paint they were using so that it would last longer.
They did this a couple more times before theyfinished, which caused striping on the church as the paint got lighter each time it was thinned. The painters had just about gotten to the top of thesteeple, when, all of a sudden, the sky darkened, and the rain started topour down. As the paint streamed down the sides of the church, a voiceboomed from the heavens: "Repaint, you thinners! Repaint, and thin no more!"

Cooler
HAHA UR AN EJIT! LOL
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

I end up getting 'japped' all up my face when I use one, I'm just stupid with them!
Never heard it called that before, but if you mean what I think you mean, that`s part of the fun!

Cooler - I stand and applaud!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:24 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Never heard it called that before, but if you mean what I think you mean, that`s part of the fun!

Yeah, thats what happens when ur on a bike and u go thru a puddle, u get japped up ur back!

Over here in NI they call freckles 'skitter japs'. A cow does 'skitters' out of its back end, if you stand too close, you get 'skitter japs' aka freckles! *SIMPLES* lol
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:30 am
Capt Hilts

Yeah, thats what happens when ur on a bike and u go thru a puddle, u get japped up ur back!

Over here in NI they call freckles 'skitter japs'. A cow does 'skitters' out of its back end, if you stand too close, you get 'skitter japs' aka freckles! *SIMPLES* lol
Looks like the trip to NI is off as I is a very freckly dude as you know Jen. Each one is half an ounce of beauty so that makes me gorgeous

Cooler
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:32 am
Capt Hilts

Prudi scrumptious, where in Manchester are you, we are in sunny Stockport

Cooler
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Jen, all makes sense now...

Prudi scrumptious, where in Manchester are you, we are in sunny Stockport
Never been called that before! Delightful Rusholme/Moss Side borders, where the English summer sounds of the thwack of leather against willow and the birdsong are replaced by the thunk of a football against a wheelie bin and cats fighting...
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:43 am
Capt Hilts

Jen, all makes sense now...

Never been called that before! Delightful Rusholme/Moss Side borders, where the English summer sounds of the thwack of leather against willow and the birdsong are replaced by the thunk of a football against a wheelie bin and cats fighting...
Not too far from where I work!

Cooler
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Not too far from where I work!
Where`s that if that`s not being too nosy? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.